“Great Unpretentious Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Durum Ocakbasi

Durum Ocakbasi
Ranked #2,008 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mornico Losana, Italy
“Great Unpretentious Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff always greet you with a smile to put you immediately at your ease.

Meat & Fish mainly grilled on the large charcoal fire made to old Turkish recipes. I have been coming here for many years now and the standard is always real good. Traffic thru the restaurant is lively and the food is always fresh.

The choice is more than adequate and the accompanying salads crispy and fresh.

If you are looking for a good honest meal, you will not regret a visit and you will not regret the bill.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank paul078

London, United Kingdom
“Tasty Turkish !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My family and I just had a great meal at Durum Ocakbasi in north London. We made a last minute reservation for 6 of us. We were all in agreement that this is an affordable, friendly and tasty Turkish restaurant. Our waiters were attentive and the generous sized portions were outstanding.
A very pleasant meal in a lively neighbourhood restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jodilovesamsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Durum continues to serve great food over a long period of time. Their quality never wavers and their lamb chops are quiet literally out of this world!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank crazy_k_2014
London
“Average, over priced, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Only tried Durum as my local Turkish restaurant in the area happened to be closed (Xmas day). Things started off badly and unfortunately didn't get any better.

After sitting down I was rudely told by a staff member that the price for eating in will be more than takeaway. I have no issues with that but I didn't appreciate the tone of my server and found that comment to be rather baffling given I'm man in my 30s and not some teenager in a hoody.

I ordered a chicken shish which cost around £11, which is basically central London prices, definitely over priced for Finchley. Anyway price aside the food was very average, not bad but of similar quality as you would expect in any cheap North London Turkish kebab shop. Definitely not worth the price.

When the bill came I tried to pay by card but the restaurant apparently doesn't accept cards for bills less than £20. I find it totally unacceptable given the prices they charge that they enforce ridiculous policies like this. Fair enough if my bill came to £5-10 but £20 min spend? Common!

I definitely won't be back. If you are ever in the area I recommend Divans which is literally down the road. The food is not only much better but it is also cheaper and they are a much friendlier bunch.

2 Thank momo82
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant in north london. Clean food ,fresh ,staff friendly. I like hot mix starter and durum special.

1 Thank Ozkan K