“Sunday roast”

The Prince Albert
Ranked #2,795 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Camden
Description: The Prince Albert has been welcoming guests since 1843, having been sympathetically restored but not losing it's character and charm. It is a pub and restaurant of quality and character serving local brews and fine British cuisine locally sourced and lovingly prepared.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday roast”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The upstairs restaurant has a great ambience and the staff are excellent. The food is good and good value for money. I would recommend it for a chilled sunday lunch.

“Not impressed”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very disappointed, service was bad and after waiting for 40 minutes we finally got our roast beef meal. Unfortunately the beef for tough and raw, I had to send it back, big mistake I had to wait a further 30 minutes and all I asked for was for the meat to be replaced to something else.

My previous experience, you needed a magnifying glass to see the portions. This was not the case, the portions were ok but by this time I was not impressed.

• Visited April 2014
“Wonderful wedding day”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We booked the Prince Albert for our wedding reception and we are so glad that we did! Kasia managed the event and was wonderful - as were all of the staff. They set everything up according to my (very specific!) instructions and even helped my friend sort things out when the florist messed up on the day. The food was delicious and everyone commented on the fact that the pub had such a lovely atmosphere. The staff even played with the kids during speeches! We looked at so many possible wedding venues and I am so so glad that we ended up booking the Prince Albert. They went over and above the call of duty and gave us a perfect wedding day. Thank you

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“very poor meal and service”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Sadly for a £30 Christmas meal you would not expect raw sprouts, cold new potatoes (one and half new potatoes to be exact), one slice of meat with a spoonful of luke warm gravy, for the price it was a terrible meal.
You also not expect to be served with dirty glass wear or dirty coffee cups! O my mistake the cup was not dirty IT BLACK WITH DIRT WHERE THE CUP WAS CRACKED!. As my so unfriendly waitress corrected me when I asked for a clean cup.

• Visited December 2013
GarethL186338, Manager at The Prince Albert, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi

I would love for you to contact me via the pub's website for me to investigate further. Having served over 3000 people in December yours is the only negative feedback and as someone contacted on the same day via blog (who we contacted), who then turned out to be bogus I would like the opportunity to look into this further.

Regards

Gareth Leakey, Group Manager
“Christmas calamity”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Minuscule portions; bland, dry food that had been hanging around under heat lamps for ages; all topped off with amateurish service. Yours for £29.95 a head. Never again.

• Visited December 2013