“Simply Delicious!”

The Sitara
Ranked #32 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sitara is an Indian jazz restaurant serving authentic punjabi cuisine. Each dish is freshly made to order so you can experience the different blend of spices and cooking methods. Established in 1991, we are a family run restaurant with a passion for quality cuisine and great jazz.We play jazz music , walls are warmly decorated with jazz art and pictures, lights are dimmed. This creates a smooth warm lively welcoming atmosphere. The Sitara is a venue where you can enjoy a superior authentic Indian meal in the lively, friendly surrounding with great music !
Reviewed 22 August 2014

✭✭✭✭✭ We came there on Sunday afternoon without checking the opening ours. There was and older smiling man who welcomed us like we're his friends. We had no idea that the place was still closed. The moment we sat down the man switched on a very cool Jazz music. I asked him couple of questions and he was the friendlies person EVER! He love Jazz. He used to be the owner. Now the restaurant belongs to his son. What a spirit! I'm Polish, not Indian but I really felt like I was in my uncle's dying room. We ordered and I saw him starting to prepare out dishes but minutes later the chef arrived. So only them we realised that this place wasn't yet open. The starters were fantastic. I had a lamb samosa and my friend had chicken tikka. The samosa was crispy and delicious. The size of the chicken tikka starter was enormous. For main I had the main chicken tikka and my friend had prawn masala. The browns where fresh and delicious. We will be back!

1  Thank Aro K

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We've lived in Archway for several years but always skipped past The Sitara. It wasn't until dining with a friend one evening and she suggested Indian, did we decide to try it out. I'm not sure what it was that kept us away for so long, but after that first meal it was clear that we had been missing out on one of the best restaurants in the area.

With low-lighting with loud jazz music, The Sitara has a distinct mood about it; a feeling of hustle and bustle but also romance. Every time we've stopped in it's nearly packed and several generations can be seen around the restaurant working hard, adding to the overall experience.

There are always daily specials, and these are often what we'll choose as we've never been disappointed. The waitstaff aren't shy and will make suggestions to get to try new dishes or enjoy the daily delights they have on. And it's not just the special dishes or new recommendations that are delicious, but the old standards are done well too. Samosas and onion bhajis are perfect as well as the more mainstream mains that you can get.

We have only been disappointed once and this was with a delivery service, but as for our eat-in experiences... it can only be a 5 out of 5. We'd recommend it to anyone in Archway looking for a new local Indian restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

When I discovered this indian restaurant on tripadvisor and found out that jazz music is played there I had to visit it. The owner was expecting me and made sure that I had a good time. I had pancora, keema naan, egg-fried rice and as I was ordering my main (Lamb) the owner told me that he will bring me a surprise dish as well. The dish was made from lentils and different spices and it was delicious. I finished my meal with a refreshing Mango Lassi. I highly recommend this restaurant because the food is excellent and made with fresh ingredients. 5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We went with some friends to The Sitara for the first time and we were very impressed with quality of the food. Excellent recommendations by the owner of the restaurant, especially the lamb dishes and the chicken wings. If there was to be one negative I would say the music was a touch loud when we first got in there but apart from that we had an excellent evening. Definitely will visit again... If want true authentic Indian food this place is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Apoel77
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Six of us booked and we ordered a wide section of dishes which varied massively in quality eg the chicken tikka was delicious however the vegetable curry was very poor. At one stage the waiter wandered out and returned an hour later leaving the service to a sweet very elderly gentleman who had difficulty taking our dessert order. Strange atmosphere with comings and goings of people that didn't eat. Great pictures and music. Over charged. Not surprised as the bill was very random. CASH ONLY! !!!

2  Thank Alison B
uksandyuk, Manager at The Sitara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are a family run business who strive to serve good quality food in welcoming vibrant setting. We were concerned and disappointed to read your negative experience. We can assure you that your points have been raised & discussed with the staff to ensure these events do not occur again.
On the night in question my staff had to ask for cash as our credit card machine wasn't connecting due to a technical fault. This was beyond our control. I have raised this with our provider as we realise the inconvenience this may cause to our patrons.
We do hope you will visit us again so as you can appreciate a positive dinning experience at the Sitara.
We loom forward to welcoming you again soon.