“Amazing!”

The Sitara
Ranked #56 of 25,043 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sitara is an Indian jazz restaurant serving authentic punjabi cuisine. Each dish is freshly made to order so you can experience the different blend of spices and cooking methods. Established in 1991, we are a family run restaurant with a passion for quality cuisine and great jazz.We play jazz music , walls are warmly decorated with jazz art and pictures, lights are dimmed. This creates a smooth warm lively welcoming atmosphere. The Sitara is a venue where you can enjoy a superior authentic Indian meal in the lively, friendly surrounding with great music !
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I decided to reach my husband and a friend of us in London just for one night from Bologna, also because they talked to me about this place. Delicious indian food, perfect atmosphere of a jazz club, exciting concert: it was an amazing night!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited last night for the first time and we will definitely be going back. The food was beautifully cooked, great atmosphere and the host was fantastic. I highly recommend - what’s more is the price is very reasonable. A great spot!!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I'm new to London and told my girlfriend (who's from London) that I wanted to try the Indian food here. She refused to let me go to any other place until I ate here first. I was definitely confused and didn't see why I could only eat at this ONE restaurant before I could the others. I was not disappointed. It's a short walk from the train station and easy to locate. Once you walk inside, you're greeted with a jazz scene (sometimes with live music) and incredibly friendly staff. We started to order, and the manager overheard our order. He asked if we had been there before and were familiar with their cooking styles. I obviously hadn't, so he made some recommendations. One of the recommendations I was a little unsure about, so he decided to let us try a side on the house. I was not disappointed at all. We ordered a LOT of food and the staff didn't think we'd finish it, but everything was perfectly balanced. I felt like I had just gotten food at a 5-star restaurant. They asked what types of food we like and recommended an amazing meal. It wasn't even that they were just trying to sell as much food as possible or the most expensive things, but they really cared about serving a proper meal. We weren't even the only ones to take staff recommendations! Just tell them how you're feeling or what you're in the mood for, and they'll make an experience you won't soon forget! The prices are very nice as well considering what you're paying for, and the staff were friendly and energetic! I'll definitely be back.

3  Thank Collin S
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Absolute top bloke who more than helpful and was a reallly friendly, service was outstanding food was out of this world. Really made my evening. Great surroundings to. Recommend to all! Proper gem of a place.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Great atmosphere, wonderful food and owner who goes out of his way to please and if you want some special variant he'll oblige.