“Villa Kensington Great Location and Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Villa Kensington

The Villa Kensington
Ranked #496 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Villa Kensington Great Location and Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I just returned from London where I stayed at The Villa Kensington. The hotel is in a quiet location and has a very helpful staff. The room was very pleasant and clean. The hotel is in the Kensington area of London within a very short walk to the Underground. There are several restaurants nearby. Because of the location you can visit the main sites in London via the Underground or catch a bus. For those of you that like a good cup of coffee there is a Starbucks and a Paul near the Underground. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mitch R
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are just so pleased you had a good time staying with us. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I took my 93 year old Dad to London, for a concert at the Albert Hall and some sightseeing. The Hotel was perfectly placed for the tube and the Hall. We had a good welcome, and when asked if we could have a room next to each other, it was arranged without fuss. The facilities were good and the breakfast just right. I would happily recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MGpete8
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your nice feedback. Please forward our very best wishes to your father. Kind regards. Ferdinand. GM
St Agnes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here after a concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Compared to other hotels in area in was very good value. A 10min brisk walk in quiet side street. Lots of restaurants nearby and a Waitrose.
Booked a twin, but ended up in spacious triple.
Beds were very comfortable.
Room and bathroom very clean.
The continental breakfast which was included in the price was excellent. Ham, cheese, eggs, selection of cereals, fresh fruit, juices, muffins etc. could pay extra for English but wasn't needed.
Staff friendly and unobtrusive.
Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you have taken the time to leave this review. Thank you very much. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM
South Shields
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for two nights to attend a conference in Kensington. It was a bit tricky deciding how to rate this one, but on balance I decided to go for a 'very good' rating.
Good points:
- Staff are excellent - welcoming, friendly and helpful.
- The room and bathroom were very clean. No complaints there.
- The bed was really comfortable!
- As a lone female traveller, I felt safe and at home in this hotel, which is very important. Because of this, I wouldn't hesitate in returning to the hotel.
- Temperature control. A real luxury in my opinion, meaning that you can control the temperature of your room - ideal for extremes in the winter/summer.
- Great location next to tube station.
Not so good points:
- Noise. Noise travels here. The first night I woke up a few times and heard people moving around, people talking during the night. I'm a light sleeper who usually doesn't suffer badly in hotels for noise, but you can here the doors go, lift working, people using the bathroom, people talking etc.
- Finishing of the room. The hotel has really tried with the quality of fixtures, however, the way they have been fitted really lets the hotel down. In the room I had, for example, there was about an inch gap under the door, a hole in the floor between the bathroom and the bedroom, and chips on furniture.
- I had a single room. Now this was adequate for me, everything you need (wardrobe, safe, desk, tea and coffee making facilities), but others might find it small, particularly the bathroom.

Overall, this hotel is excellent value for money, and the staff make it a really welcoming place. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank rachelique
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for leaving this very comprehensive and honest review. Well, you got everything pretty much spot on.... Next time around, please don't just put up with noisy customers. Let us know, my staff could have definitely had a word with them....Best regards. Ferdinand. GM
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed for one night after going to a Classic Concert at The Royal Albert Hall which was an easy 15 min walk away. We had a basement room and it was extremely comfortable. Everything was spotlessly clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower was huge and there was loads of hot water. All the staff were very friendly and I really could not fault our stay. We would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: I only saw the basement but the room was a very generous size.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary E
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave these comments. How wonderful is to read that you really liked us so much! We hope to see you soon. Take care. Ferdinand. GM
denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on a quick holiday in London. The location is excellent, 2 blocks to the Gloucester Road Tube station, which allows you to get on three different Tube lines. If you've never been to London, like myself, and are exploring the city of London, the Tube is all the transportation you need. The Villa Kensington is situated a short Tube ride from most of the fun neighborhoods, sights, museums. Some are within walking distance, like Oxford Street, Museum of Natural History. The hotel is fairly "bare bones," in that it is a nice small hotel that supplies you with a small, clean room, with a basic, serviceable continental breakfast included, in a great location. There are plenty of cafes and places to grab a bite within a few blocks. For my purposes, and for value for price, I'd give this five stars. Since it's not a luxury hotel with luxury amenities, I'm leaving a star off. But if you're like me, I can't often afford a luxury place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Honestly, I could have not given a better description of the hotel myself. Thank you for staying with us. Best Regards. Ferdinand. GM
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here recently in a work trip when the bigger hotels were full. I must admit I wasn't thinking it would be a great hotel, but I was so wrong and it was a great little find. The rooms have obviously been recently refurbished, so we're very fresh and very clean. I was actually upgraded to a triple room when I arrived which meant I had even more room.
The staff were so friendly and massively helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I suppose that exceeding customers' expectations, is every hotels' manager dream...I am just so happy we achieved that with you. Thank you very much for your nice comments. Best Regards. Ferdinand. GM