“Great location!”

Ranked #505 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Canada
“Great location!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

What I liked: fantastic and very helpful staff, location = three minutes to the tube! two supermarkets, a drug store, three pubs and a ton of restaurants, best continental breakfast I have had for a while, good wifi in the room and lots of outlets, modern bathroom with a great shower and the room was spotless.

Did not like: tiny bathroom, no face cloth or hand towels just bath towels, no Kleenex, no clock or clock radio and a tiny wall mounted TV difficult to see from the bed and you cannot make outgoing calls on your phone even if you have a phone card.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback and we are already looking at options/solutions for the shortfalls. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in the end of May, and I couldn't have been happier with my decision to book here. It's reasonably priced, and it was definitely one of the better priced ones I could find in the area. I came to London to attend two concerts at Royal Albert Hall, and it was a short ten-fifteen minute walk from the hotel. Gloucster Road tube station is just a couple of minutes walk away. You're really close to everything when staying here.

My single room was actually more spacious than I expected, thinking in London-standards. It's an expensive city; and this hotel was clean, neat and had every amenities you'd need for a short stay. I love the style of the building it's located in, with the high ceilings. Also loved that I could open my window properly, because I can't sleep properly unless I do that! Friendly staff, too. And I talked a bit with one of the cleaning ladies when I'd de-magnitized my key card, and she was the sweetest, most helpful lady. Shout out to whomever you are, kind woman! :-)

Love the Kensington area as it's in the middle of the city, but still a bit calmer and nicer than many other places. Will stay at The Villa Kensington again, I'm sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM
portsmouth
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay here because we wanted a triple room with three single beds. The room was bigger than we had hoped for, clean and comfy with a great walk in shower in the bathroom. Free WIFI was much appreciated and well used.
The location was very convenient, only a short walk from the tube with plenty of places nearby to eat and drink if needed.
The staff were really friendly and helpful and after checking out we were able to leave our luggage so we could make the most of our last day and collect it whenever we were ready. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave such nice comments. My very best regards. Ferdinand. GM
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Villa in Kensington on the Bank holiday in May and found it a really great place to stay. The staff were super helpful and nothing was too much bother. My sister and I were leaving early in the morning and they provided us with breakfast to take away which was great and really appreciated.
The hotel is spotless! and although compact it was great value in a really central location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest, thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. Take care and we hope to see you soon. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we stayed at the villa kensington last week as we were visiting the chelsea flower show, because of this the price more of less doubled to £174 for one night, The room was very small a large ugly side table and wardrobe taking up most of the space, there was about 6/7 inch foot space to walk around base of bed, The shower was crap no water pressure, tiles loose on wall, two tiny bottles of shower gel/shampoo
Breafast was nothing special cheap coissant with a builders mug of coffee i asked for a cup but the waitress didnt understand
i know only three stars it was the thought of being riped off

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank clarkey2014
Ferdinand P, General Manager at The Villa Kensington, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest, I am really sorry you did not enjoyed your stay with us. I understand you expected so much more. I respect your opinion if you believe that the rate you paid to stay in London south Kensington, during Chelsea Flower Show, one of the busiest period of the calendar, was too high. I am particularly disappointed you only awarded us one star for cleanliness...this is an area where we normally excel. I also find it hard to believe that you could not get a cup of tea.....really..? Thank you for staying with us. Regards. Ferdinand. GM
Bodmin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight last week on business and could not fault it. The room was comfortable and large for a London single. Good TV with plenty of channels, tea making facilities, free WiFi, comfy bed, air conditioning and decent sized bathroom with dual action shower (rather slow but I was on the 4th floor).

It was spotlessly clean and the staff were very, very nice.

Breakfast was included and quite adequate.

Overall a very good hotel and one I would recommend to anyone.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your nice review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We chose this hotel because it had three single beds in the room, so our son could could stay with us. We arrived early from the Harwich seaport . We left our luggage until 3 p.m. (1500) when we could check in to our room. We had an electric teapot in our room, along with Twinings Tea, Nescafe instant coffee, and some cookies/biscuits. We had a bath towel to dry our hands with and then one bath towel for each of us. The shower could be hand held or a big rain forest type in the ceiling. The water pressure was good and warm. Breakfast was free 7:30-9:30. A hot English breakfast could be purchased. There was plenty of cereal, meat, cheese, yogurt, bread, drinks for us. We walked to the Big Bus area for a HOHO tour. Plenty of pubs and eateries were within walking distance. Our room was clean, It was larger than I expected. The people at the desk were friendly. The staff called a cab for us when we went to the airport. Although we told them we had 5 people and 5 large bags, we should have told them about our carry ons. The van was really too small, but we made it work. They gave us each a sack of breakfast take away, fruit, yogurt, juice box, muffin, apple, which was very nice. It was less than a half hour to the airport and traffic was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest, thank you so much for choosing to stay at The Villa Kensington. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write this very comprehensive review. Take care and we hope to see you soon. Best regards. Ferdinand. GM