“Best hotel in London for the price”

Park Plaza Victoria London
Ranked #252 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
yorkshire, uk
“Best hotel in London for the price”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Booked to stay here for 3 nights. Wanted to stay in a convenient modern hotel with easy access to central London & this was perfect. Victoria train & tube station is literally 2 minutes walk away. The hotel is surrounded by several coffee shops and restaurants and a large supermarket is 4 minutes walk away so everything is close to hand.
Check-in was quick & efficient. Rooms very spacious - unusual for London so a lovely surprise. Spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, lots of storage space and great bathrooms. We had upgraded to an executive room which included free wifi and a brilliant cooked breakfast each morning. It also included access to the exec lounge which provided complimentary food and drinks between 6 & 8pm each evening.
All staff were so friendly, very efficient and professional so a big thanks to all who made our trip to London fantastic. We'll definitely be back & would certainly recommend this hotel to others

1 Thank jasu
ramesh04, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Ramesh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I was in London last December 2012 for a holiday...I was so impress with their service provided...Yes it's a 5 star service.. I have stayed on many 5 star hotels all around the world but was shocked to see their staffs was trained to provide such a excellent service.. My first holiday was in Paris then to London, in fact we reached much early in the hotel.. I was travelling with my husband, 3 year old daughter and 7 year old boy..We all were so tired..My kids were given kids arrival gifts and also staffs were dress in cristmas etire and were distributing cristmas candy.. My children's was so excited..moreover they managed to give us a room much, much more earlier.. We were so happy cos my kids were so tired..Rooms were excellent. Excellent breakfast...good location for transport and closer to Big Ben and also Eye of London. You will never regret your stay...

• Stayed December 2012
ramesh04, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Rest assured I will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear the fantastic feedback.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed at the Park Plaza for a birthday treat. A lovely hotel which I fould very comfortable, well equipped and staff very friendly and helpful. An excellent location to explore the West End. We were not booked in for breakfast as we decided to go out and eat.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJTD123
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will surely be sharing them with our team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2013

The hotel has an excellent location near the Victoria Station and Gatwick Express. Opposite the hotel is a French bakery which is a cheaper alternative to the breakfast offered at the hotel. The lobby is modern, presentable and so are the rooms. However, nothing was particularly memorable for this hotel, everything was what you would expect for a comfortable stay but no wow factor. The location is definitely the drawcard here, we watched a musical at a nearby theatre, there are restaurants/pubs around, the tube is nearby, Gatwick Express is nearby, so I'd recommend the hotel based on this.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teddybear00
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes,

england
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We visited in January 2013 in a double executive room for 2 nights. Staff were very friendly and helpful, room was very comfortable and well equipped, food reasonable. Our room being in the centre of the hotel was fairly quiet during the night, disturbed only by early morning air traffic when we had the window open!

Room Tip: ask for quiet room in centre of hotel if you are a light sleeper
1 Thank Allan J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that we were able to cater for your needs during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

London
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Booked very last minute after being let down by another London hotel, so had no time to read any details or reviews on hotel, but were more than happy with accomodation, service and staff.....one small incident was the fire alarm activated and a complete evacuation took place, but this was dealt with calmly and quickly, and we were quickly back in the hotel. a complete thumbs up and would def recommend and stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Schweinfurt, Germany
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the New Years holiday. We really have no complaints as far as the hotel itself goes. The staff were friendly, the breakfast buffet was excellent (although pricey if paid for by the day), and our room was great. My only complaint would be the amount of noise outside the room at night, especially if it is trash day. It sounds like Optimus Prime is outside the window trying to pick up your trash. That is not the hotel's fault though, for sure. The room we were in was an executive suit, thanks to a free upgrade we received the day of arrival. Everything was clean, the style and deco was up to date and stylish.We had a controlled heating unit, not just the average 'on the wall heating vent', so we could make the temp perfect to suit us. I can really not say enough good about our stay, especially since the hotel is literally a two minute walk from Victoria Station, which took us directly to London Heathrow Airport. Very convenient. Great hotel!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the veiw.
Dear Guest,

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.