“Excellent Location”

Park Plaza Victoria London
Ranked #241 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night on the recommendation of my wife and daughter who had stayed there last year when going to see the Wicked musical and do some shopping. They spoke very well of the hotel both for its close proximity to the theatre and access to the Tube at Victoria. They also raved about the hotel itself and so I had no hesitation in booking it for me and my son as we had an engagement in London.
The hotel is about 150m from Victoria station and this was a massive plus as there was no need to arrive by taxi after our flight to Gatwick and train to Victoria. The reception staff were courteous and professional even though there was a trainee on the desk along with her trainer. I had contacted the hotel the night before requesting if possible our twin room early as we were due to arrive at about 10am and I was delighted to say that we were able to get into on arrival.
The room was on the sixth floor and was of good quality. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had no issues with noise as some reviewers experienced though it faced onto the street.
We didn't use the bar area of the hotel but it did look spacious enough and there was a selection of newspapers and magazines to read which could be taken away.
The hotel restaurant is being refurbished at present so breakfast was served in a basement function room. This was well laid out and was better than I had been expecting for something which is obviously termporary and the breakfast selection was good. My only quibble is I like hot coffee and the coffee I was served was only lukewarm.
I would certainly recommend this hotel because of its location as well as its service. As previous reviewers have described there is a lot to see that can be done on foot and we walked around the Buckingham Palace, St.James and Oxford Street areas quite easily. If walking is not your thing then its only 150m to the Tube. The area around the hotel has several retaurants within easy walking distance so all in all the hotel location has a lot going for it. I certainlyhope to visit again and have even joined the Carlson reward scheme in the expectation of staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank scbrown
ramesh04, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will surely be sharing them with our team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ramesh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,584)

Reviewed 7 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Per Gunnar J

Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed at this hotel in January. It's location is fantastic- right next to the Victoria Station which not only houses an Underground which connects (at several points) to every other line but also is the bus/train station for all of the UK. Doing a day trip to Kent or Edinburgh? Absolutely no problems- just check the well sign-posted available itineraries and hop on.

It is also very convenient for London must-sees. In one direction Buckingham Palace is a mere 10 minute stroll and then across Green Park ( a must do on its own) are Bond, Regent and Oxford Streets a further 10 minutes on. It is also very close to beautiful Chelsea and a 20 minute stroll in that direction will get you to Harrods and all of the Knightsbridge stores.

Our room (we had a triple) was spacious and well-appointed. There were two queen size beds separated by a half wall. Both had large flat screen TVs. They were clean and regularly serviced.The bathroom (always an issue with a teenage daughter!!) was quite large with a double vanity. Plenty of storage for luggage and a large desk for spreading out work/junk.

The checkin was fine and the concierges are all extremely helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was also good- not brilliant but an adequate array of the usual hot foods and toast etc.

On the downside, and the reason I have only given this hotel 3 stars, is that it is incredibly noisy. Our room faced onto the street and not only was there traffic all night long but there were fights among the (I guess) homeless people around the place. Unluckily for us this noise was supplemented by the noise of the restaurant being refurbished (till 10.30 at night!!). I guess this is the price you pay for being in such a central location although we have stayed in London many times before and not had this noise problem. The windows were double glazed and so the hotel was obviously aware of the issue.Perhaps there is nothing they can do about it, but do be warned...if you fancy a good night's sleep after dutifully traipsing through the London sights this hotel may not be for you. On the other hand if you plan to use it as a base to explore London and further afield (and have a reliable set of earplugs) I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room which does NOT face any of the roads.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GEORGIAPERTH-10

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the hotel. Please accept my apologies for the noise from the restaurant refurbishment, all noisy works for this project are now complete.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a theatre break to see Wicked and what an exceptional hotel. The staff were efficient, courteous and friendly. The room was excellent (we stayed on the 6th floor), no noise at all. TV had premium channels (Sky) for no extra charge, and the bed! Oh my word - 4 words. Memory Foam Mattress Topper. Best nights sleep ever. Breakfast was excellent, and the staff really attentive without being intrusive. The selection of continental and Full English was superb, as well as tasting great. Sure the bar prices were a little high, but your in LONDON!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel F

Dear Guest,

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

The Park Plaza's location adjacent to Victoria Rail Station makes it an ideal location for buiness trips to London as I can be at the hotel within 45 minutes of arriving into Gatwick and great transport links to the rest of the city. The hotel is reasonably modern with friendly check in staff and good accomodation. The restaurant was closed for refurbishment but the bar served pretty good food, although the service was a bit hit and miss.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark Q

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have stayed at the Park Plaza Victoria 4 times in 2012 as it is located right next to the office I was at during my business trips and a preferred hotel for the company I work for.
Service during checkin was good. However I would have expected a bit better treatment after having stayed there more than 30 nights in a year.
The location of the hotel is quite nice. It is close to restaurants in Pimlico and there are some really good ones and it is close to sightseeing which was nice when I statyed there over the weekends.
The rooms are average and small with beds that are confortable. The internet connections are really slow even when you upgrade to their premium connection speed. It made it almost impossible to work from the hotel room on the weekends. I was lucky that I had the office right next door.
I did not eat at the restaurant but had room service a couple of times and it was ok and fast which is important when you are tired after a long days work.
All in all I will go back to this hotel because it is preferred by the company but I would look for another one around the same location if I could choose freely.

Room Tip: Make sure that you choose a room facing the courtyeard to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jespermc

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologise regarding the speed of the internet. This is something that is being investigated by our IT team. Rest assured this is a priority for us.

If you could please contact my Rooms Division Manager Alex Caetano(acaetano@pphe.com) directly so that he can look at what specific requests you may have for your ongoing stays.

Best wishes

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Enjoyed two nights at this hotel with my elderly mum. On arrival asked if the room they were giving me had two single beds. It hadn't but the receptionist was quite happy to change it. The room had plenty of storage and large flat screen TV on the 6th floor. There were 4 lifts and never any time to wait for them. Had trouble with the safe and they sent someone staight up to sort it out. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Only downside was price of drinks at the bar. I ordered 2 gins and 1 bottle of tonic when the waiter brought them over with the bill the price was nearly £16. They were doubles and bombay but I hadn't asked for doubles.
The hotel is well situated close to Victoria station and underground. We went to see 39 steps and Thriller in Picadilly only 2 stops on underground, taxi price £10. Shows in walking distance to hotel were Wicked at the Apollo and Billy Eliott at the Victoria. Would definately use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid noise outside
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn2231

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that we were able to cater for your needs during your stay.