I stayed in this hotel for one night on the recommendation of my wife and daughter who had stayed there last year when going to see the Wicked musical and do some shopping. They spoke very well of the hotel both for its close proximity to the theatre and access to the Tube at Victoria. They also raved about the hotel itself and so I had no hesitation in booking it for me and my son as we had an engagement in London.
The hotel is about 150m from Victoria station and this was a massive plus as there was no need to arrive by taxi after our flight to Gatwick and train to Victoria. The reception staff were courteous and professional even though there was a trainee on the desk along with her trainer. I had contacted the hotel the night before requesting if possible our twin room early as we were due to arrive at about 10am and I was delighted to say that we were able to get into on arrival.
The room was on the sixth floor and was of good quality. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had no issues with noise as some reviewers experienced though it faced onto the street.
We didn't use the bar area of the hotel but it did look spacious enough and there was a selection of newspapers and magazines to read which could be taken away.
The hotel restaurant is being refurbished at present so breakfast was served in a basement function room. This was well laid out and was better than I had been expecting for something which is obviously termporary and the breakfast selection was good. My only quibble is I like hot coffee and the coffee I was served was only lukewarm.
I would certainly recommend this hotel because of its location as well as its service. As previous reviewers have described there is a lot to see that can be done on foot and we walked around the Buckingham Palace, St.James and Oxford Street areas quite easily. If walking is not your thing then its only 150m to the Tube. The area around the hotel has several retaurants within easy walking distance so all in all the hotel location has a lot going for it. I certainlyhope to visit again and have even joined the Carlson reward scheme in the expectation of staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to Victoria Station - Sleek, modern lobby - Rooms have modern business amenities - Heathrow 16 miles - Gatwick 26 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Park Plaza Victoria London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Victoria London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- Park Plaza Hotel London
- London Park Plaza
- Victoria Park Plaza Hotel
- Victoria Park Plaza London