“Great location, Nice staff!!”

Park Plaza Victoria London
Ranked #245 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norfolk, VA
“Great location, Nice staff!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My friend and I stayed in this hotel 6-23 thru 6-28-2014. We had a wonderful stay! Our flight arrived in London around 6:30 a.m. and it was about 9 a.m. by the time we reached the hotel. The girl at the desk (I hate that I can't remember her name) was so nice and patient with us. She said our room hadn't been cleaned yet and she would get it ready for us as soon as possible. So, she offered to store our bags while we went out to get breakfast and check out the area, which we did. We checked again with her around 12 noon and the room was ready. The room was clean and nice size. I had booked a superior double. The first room they gave us had a big king size bed in it, so we called the desk to get a double, which was what I booked. They were very nice about it, and gave us a new room, it too had a king size bed it, but they came up and separated the bed into twins. So that was great! From that point on, it was a very comfortable stay. The staff gladly offered to help us plan our excursions, offering short cuts, tours, recommending places to go. They were great! This was my first trip to London, and I do intend to go back. I will definitely stay at Park Plaza Victoria again! The location was great. It was not far from Victoria Station, and the coach station, which is where we caught the bus to get back to Heathrow. It was a quiet location, where after a long day of sightseeing with the mass of people, you could come back, stop and pick up a bottle of wine from Sainesbury Market and stand on the balcony (I forgot to mention our new room had a balcony) and just relax and people watch!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor, some of the rooms have a balcony!! The balcony overlooks the stre...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Sclark521

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your requests where resolved within a timely manner. I will ensure that your review is passed back to the team and I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Rob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My mother & I spent a week based out of the Victoria Park Plaza whilst visiting family and enjoying the sites. The hotel is very well located, within a stone's throw of every conceivable connection to public transit. It's within easy striking distance of many shows and visitor attractions.

Much to my surprise and delight our room was fabulously quiet despite the central location. The beds are comfortable and our room was spotless. Breakfast is available in the hotel, but we enjoyed cafés in the neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tracey A
Dear Tracey A

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location and found it useful for theatres and local transport.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel.

L0ndon
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just a short distance from Victoria Station, so good location, pleasant and friendly staff, spotlessly clean, lovely choice at breakfast, comfortable beds so all round well worth considering. Would stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank acerfOrmby
Dear AcerfOrmby

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and that you would return.

I will ensure that your comments are passed to the team.

Kendal
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean and comfortable. Great location, mostly quiet despite located near a main road. Booked well in advance and got a "deal" but, honestly, I don't think it was good value. There are better hotels available nearby for twenty percent less.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear MR_Poodle

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and found the hotel modern, clean and comfortable.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Park Plaza Victoria.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business. Very good location close to the Victoria train station, shopping, Buckingham palace, taxi stand, etc. Wifi is strong. Service is good. Business centre was fine and they didn't charge for printing. Breakfast had a good selection. Lobby has good seating and you can have mini meetings there throughout the day. Rooms are spacious for London and were very clean. Staff were friendly. Walls were thick and I didn't hear noise from the street or next door. All in all the place is fine, just slightly pricey for a solid but no frills hotel. A safe bet but didn't leave me chomping at the bit to return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kono14
Dear Kono14

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and friendly staff. I will ensure that your feedback is passed back to the team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Good location - that's the good news . My two day stay [ 30 May - 01 June 2014] was in a Superior room and cost £478. The bathroom floor flooded on both days - staff were unable to stop a leak. The mini bar was unusable - the maintenance man offered the explanation that ' the handle has fallen off the door'. The ordered newspaper was not delivered [1st. day] . The view from the room [internal] was grim. The Rooms Division Manager [ Caetano ] has not responded to my letter of complaint. The General Manager [ Costa] has likewise not acknowledged nor replied to the letter copied to him. So the moral of the story is - enjoy the location but if you have any problems don't waste your time complaining.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear John A

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to express my sincere apologies for all the issues raised above. We have tried to get in contact with you following your stay to apologise and resolve your complaint via the email address registered on the system.

I can assure you that all guests’ complaints are taken seriously, please feel free to contact me directly on 020 7769 9790 to discuss this further.

I look forward to hearing from you to resolve your outstanding complaint.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed in an apartment at this hotel and was very impressed by how spacious it was, but was even more impressed with the huge wraparound terrace with views over London! The apartment was very clean, bedrooms were lovely, bathroom was great with quality towels and toiletries and bathrobes. Breakfast was lovely in an attractive diningroom. All in all, was very impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay here again. It's very central too of course.

There were two things that I noted though - there was no outdoor furniture on the wonderful terrace and there was no mirror in the larger bedroom which I found slightly odd considering the quality bedroom with very comfy bed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TillyFloss_11
Dear TillyFloss

Thank you for your 5* review, I am delighted that you enjoyed our apartment with the terrace and the breakfast within our fairly new restaurant TOZI. Your recommendations for the outdoor furniture and the mirror has been noted.

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you would return.