“Smart place but could be more comfortable”

Park Plaza Victoria London
Ranked #235 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Friendly service at reception and bar. Room pre-allocated as part of work event and was of a decent size, clean and well presented. Lighting was quite stark, however - seemed to be little choice between all or nothing, which I didn't find very relaxing. Bed was quite comfortable but chair was firm and not ideal when wanting to relax and watch tv. Despite its location and being pretty full, the hotel was quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Simonlee001

Thank you for your review.

Although I am pleased that you found our service friendly and I am disappointed that you did not find our rooms up to your standards.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location for touring London- bus stop right outside the door and Victoria Station is a short walk away. Staff was helpful in booking tickets, advising best means of travel and room was spacious and very clean. Breakfasts included with the room were great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Robbie_and_Doug

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and the helpfulness of our staff.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for business in late June as it was one of my more economical choices during the wimbledon/summer peak (after a significant flight cost from Australia). My feeling on this hotel is that for personal travel, it is a perfectly fine option, but as a business hotel, it is lacking and I would go elsewhere next time.

My biggest issue was the inconsistent service. Started off strong with a couple of the girls who are very lovely on the front desk, but one of their concierge staff (guy with dark hair - name starts with a K?) could ditch the attitude. I was having issues with the toilet (which had a quirk - would only flush if you pressed the lever a certain way) and when he came up the 2nd time, he treated me like a child who couldn't do things properly. I also went to drop some laundry with him, and his delivery of 'it's past 9am' left a little to be desired as well. I don't think his behaviour is representative of all staff (one of other concierge guys- quite tall - is quite lovely). I also had an important courier delivery made later in the week - I called down to the front desk to see if it was sitting there and they told me there was nothing in my name. After following up with the courier company the following morning, it was indeed signed for the previous day, so a lot of hassle of follow up could have been avoided.

Anyhow, for a little more money, you can get a whole lot more in terms of facilities, room comfort, and service. I ended up swapping hotels for the last two nights of my stay as I was not too inspired to stay on at the Park Plaza when I was picking up the tab for two personal nights.

Pros:
- Close to Victoria station (rail/tube transport)
- Reliable wifi
- Decent breakfast

Cons:
- Uncomfortable desk chair
- Outdated decor and furniture
- Customer service inconsistent

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leafsgirl77
R-Flinter, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Leafsgirl77

Thank you for taking the time out to write this detailed review. I am disappointed to read that there were a few issues during your stay and our customer service standard did not meet your expectations. I would me more than happy to discuss in more detail, please contact me either on 020 7769 9999 or acaetano@pphe.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Alex

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently took a trip to London with my mother and we stayed at this hotel. And both of us were quite surprised by the quality of this hotel! It was very nicely decorated, spacious, the workers were very friendly and helpful and it was in an amazing location to top it all off! We stayed in one of there "superior rooms" with twins beds, and it was very clean, and quite nice. And also surprisingly quite large compared to many other english/european hotel rooms. Its location is very centralized, just a 5 minute walk to Victoria Station, bus stops and taxis everywhere. The theaters for "wicked" and "billy elliot" are also within 5 minutes. Also right across the hotel are two restaurants that are quite good. The restaurant "Nandos" is also within walking distance. But even though the hotel is very centralized its in quite a calm area of london. Not too many people and not to many loud cars. I definitely recommend to anyone, to stay at this hotel! Its great!

Dear Aaron H

Thank you for your 5* review, I am delighted that you enjoyed our superior room and our location. I am pleased that you would recommend us and I will ensure your comments are passed to the team.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at the executive floor (1st). The room was big enough for two, big comfortable beds, big flat screen smart tv(w/internet), fast internet connection inside the room and your own espresso machine. The 'executive lounge package' is a great deal(+GBP 15) where you get to have breakfast in an exclusive room complete with morning essentials (newspapers, business center, and bottomless coffee). Very near Victoria Station for your transit needs. Black cabs are a plenty too.

Room Tip: Executive (1st) Floor rooms are spacious, comfortable beds, with fast internet connection.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Boracaylnsider

I am glad that you enjoyed our Executive package and found of location accessible to the local transport options.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My friend and I stayed in this hotel 6-23 thru 6-28-2014. We had a wonderful stay! Our flight arrived in London around 6:30 a.m. and it was about 9 a.m. by the time we reached the hotel. The girl at the desk (I hate that I can't remember her name) was so nice and patient with us. She said our room hadn't been cleaned yet and she would get it ready for us as soon as possible. So, she offered to store our bags while we went out to get breakfast and check out the area, which we did. We checked again with her around 12 noon and the room was ready. The room was clean and nice size. I had booked a superior double. The first room they gave us had a big king size bed in it, so we called the desk to get a double, which was what I booked. They were very nice about it, and gave us a new room, it too had a king size bed it, but they came up and separated the bed into twins. So that was great! From that point on, it was a very comfortable stay. The staff gladly offered to help us plan our excursions, offering short cuts, tours, recommending places to go. They were great! This was my first trip to London, and I do intend to go back. I will definitely stay at Park Plaza Victoria again! The location was great. It was not far from Victoria Station, and the coach station, which is where we caught the bus to get back to Heathrow. It was a quiet location, where after a long day of sightseeing with the mass of people, you could come back, stop and pick up a bottle of wine from Sainesbury Market and stand on the balcony (I forgot to mention our new room had a balcony) and just relax and people watch!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor, some of the rooms have a balcony!! The balcony overlooks the stre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sclark521

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your requests where resolved within a timely manner. I will ensure that your review is passed back to the team and I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My mother & I spent a week based out of the Victoria Park Plaza whilst visiting family and enjoying the sites. The hotel is very well located, within a stone's throw of every conceivable connection to public transit. It's within easy striking distance of many shows and visitor attractions.

Much to my surprise and delight our room was fabulously quiet despite the central location. The beds are comfortable and our room was spotless. Breakfast is available in the hotel, but we enjoyed cafés in the neighborhood.

2  Thank Tracey A

Dear Tracey A

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location and found it useful for theatres and local transport.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel.