Park Plaza Victoria London
  • Pool
US$205
Hotels.com
4,760 results
All reviewstozi restaurantgatwick expressgood sizeexecutive roomexcellent locationmini barnespresso machinebig benmodern hotelbooked this hotelcentral locationfew minutes walklondon eyean upgradefull englishtube stationconcierge
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were traveling to London to attend a wedding and this hotels location suited us very well as Victoria station is a few minutes away. Check in was smooth and quick. The room larger than we expected and had all the amenities. Breakfast was basic but sufficient with all the necessities. They have a nice bar and lounge area as well. Only gripe I had is that most hotels offer complimentary bottled water in their rooms and here there was none. On enquiry we were told to use the very expensive bottled water in the minibar.

Other than that, it proved to be a conveniently located and comfortable stay. There are nice restaurants and pubs around the area which I would recommend visiting as when in Britain may as well try a nice local place rather than a hotel restaurant. Shopping is barely a stop away on the tube at Oxford Circus and if a more upmarket experience is preferred Harrods is a 10 min bus ride away! You can also walk to all the tourist attractions. If visiting again with my family I would probably consider this hotel again as it also offers larger rooms and serviced apartments.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear MRahman2013

Thank you for your review.

Water is only provided for executive rooms and apartments only, I can understand your concerns and this is being looked at. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

As me and my other half don't have passports, (they've both expire) we decided to stay in London for our summer holiday. We knew it would be pricey no matter where we went, so we thought we'd go for a well respected hotel chain. Upon arrival we were checked in swiftly and everything was smooth. The room was spotless though quite small. The bed was very comfortable, with strong in room wifi (though this is paid for). Breakfast was expensive though, £13 a person per day. We were looked after, and any queries I had were taken care of, this is a lovely hotel, even though the surrounding area is a bit poor. A word of advice, DO NOT visit El Posto, the italian restaurant nearby, we were ripped off here, utter rubbish. Dine at the hotel instead!

Dear Joel S

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our bed comfortable. We do offer a standard wifi service free of charge throughout all the Park Plaza Hotels.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed 4 nights in August and did not get the service I expected. The check-in and out took ages and the frontdesk personnel did not speak very good English. I had requested a twinbed room but did not get it until I visited the reception 3 times! Also the whole Victoria station area in under heavy construction so it was not a very relaxing neighbourhood for a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nina A

Thank you for review.

I am disappointed that you did not receive the service that was expected, I can assure you that your feedback is important to us and will be addressed with the Front Office team.

I am sorry that you found the construction in the area an inconvenience it is rare that we receive a comment about this as there is nothing within 2 blocks of the hotel.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff at this hotel are both rude and ignorant, they made my wife cry with frustration in just trying to get some simple basics (ear plugs, toothpaste) because the staff ignored her and just stood around chatting - when they did respond it was with 'No' and then turned back to continue chatting - simply appalling behaviour and would warn all travelers to never ever stay in this hotel again!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Have to say that everything was as booked and met by a very friendly staff.

Room of a good size and very clean. Everythging that was asked for was with us in minutes.

Breakfast room very busy but the staff very courteous and soon had us seated and plenty of attention without being over the top.

English Breakfast was excellemt. Nicely cooked and very tasty with good quality evident.

Would definitely visit again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear David B

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that we were able to meet all your expectations and all requests are met within minutes. Also I am pleased that you enjoyed breakfast.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed back to the team.