“Great location”

Park Plaza Victoria London
Ranked #233 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great location especially when you have to wake up early to catch coaches, trains etc

However paid to upgrade, first of all, the room key doesn't work for executive lounge (a lot of times, had to go down to reception to change keys). Secondly, housekeeping doesn't refill chocolates in room everyday. And today they placed water randomly on one table... Housekeeping not so great.

Breakfast selection aren't that many, still ok...

Room very spacious but air con is soooo freezing, turned to 30 degrees still feel like 10 degrees.

Toilet doesn't flush well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Jen80811

Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologise for the issues that you experienced within your stay. I am disappointed that the housekeeping team were not consistent. I have now informed the housekeeping Manager who is now re-training the room attendants of company standards. I have also informed our Maintenance team of the issues with the air conditioning and toilet and this will be dealt with accordingly.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and I hope you would consider stay with us again despite the problems you experienced.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here with sister while visiting London. Location is EXCELLENT for those travelling by train or subway. Victoria station was not even a 2 minute walk away. Staff was also excellent. Unfortunately injured myself upon check in when my foot was run over by the automatic rotating door at entrance. The manager on duty (Dorina - spellcheck) was most helpful and did everything to make me feel comfortable. I would highly recommend for anyone travelling in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
1  Thank Alyssa R

Dear Alyssa R

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you found our location excellent and Dorina was able to assist with your injury and was able to make your feel comfortable.

I am pleased that you would recommend us to others.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed there on our anniversary weekend in London. We were upgraded for free to a one bedroom apartment on the 9th floor. Greeted by friendly receptionist, upgraded to the apartment, wine and sweets waiting fir us. What more one could wish for. Thank you to all the staff in Park Plaza. It was a fabulous stay! We will be back:-)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Will1977186621

Dear Will1977186621

Thank you for the 5* review, I am delighted that we was able to make your anniversary extra special. I will ensure your review is passed back to the team.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very good location and an excellent restaurant in the hotel.
Stayed 2 nights whilst passing through London.
Would definitely recommend to fellow travellers and would stay there again.
A bit pricey, but worth the extra cost

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alanhenders0n

Dear alanhenders0n

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and our location.

I am delighted that you would definitely recommend us to others and you would return.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We arrived early at this hotel so our 2 bed apt was not ready but we could still check in, cannot remember name of man who checked us in but he was very friendly, informative and helpful. We left our luggage with Danny the concierge who also was very helpful. Our 2 bed apt was excellent, modern, very clean, spacious and comfortable and had a nice view of the city scape especially at night time. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choice, again waiting staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is central to all the sights, we walked all over london and also to Victoria Station which is only a 2 min walk away, also having access to gatwick express train a huge plus. We cant wait to visit London again and will def stay at the park plaza again. Thank you for a great visit to London.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
1  Thank MarieK39

Dear MarieK39

Thank you for the 5* review, I am delighted that your enjoyed our location and the apartment. Also I am pleased that you found our service friendly, informative and helpful. I will ensure that the reception, concierge and breakfast team receive your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in late July 2014. This was our third time using this hotel in London because it is very close to the Victoria train/tube station, 3 min. walk, and has comfortable large, for London, rooms. The location of the hotel in an urban setting and in a neighborhood means there are restaurants and cafes very close by. We did not buy the breakfast package offered by the hotel but instead went across the street or to the next block, all within a 2 min. walk, to get breakfast at half the price of the hotel's. The only hotel complaint is the inconsistent room service, in that it differed on a daily basis on what was and was not provided. Once we had to leave our room at 4:05 in the afternoon so room service could clean up. All in all the room service complaint is minor and I would book at this hotel again without hesitation.

Room Tip: We asked for a room at the back of the hotel which is very quiet. We were on the 2nd floor, as we wo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BernieandJune

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us once again and you enjoyed our location. However I am disappointed that you found our room service inconsistent, I have now informed our Room Service Manager who is looking into retraining our room service staff.

I am delighted that you would return without any hesitation and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were traveling to London to attend a wedding and this hotels location suited us very well as Victoria station is a few minutes away. Check in was smooth and quick. The room larger than we expected and had all the amenities. Breakfast was basic but sufficient with all the necessities. They have a nice bar and lounge area as well. Only gripe I had is that most hotels offer complimentary bottled water in their rooms and here there was none. On enquiry we were told to use the very expensive bottled water in the minibar.

Other than that, it proved to be a conveniently located and comfortable stay. There are nice restaurants and pubs around the area which I would recommend visiting as when in Britain may as well try a nice local place rather than a hotel restaurant. Shopping is barely a stop away on the tube at Oxford Circus and if a more upmarket experience is preferred Harrods is a 10 min bus ride away! You can also walk to all the tourist attractions. If visiting again with my family I would probably consider this hotel again as it also offers larger rooms and serviced apartments.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear MRahman2013

Thank you for your review.

Water is only provided for executive rooms and apartments only, I can understand your concerns and this is being looked at. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.