“Pleasant experience in London”

Park Plaza Victoria London
Ranked #241 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked the Park Plaza Victoria on line and the hotel exceeded our expectations. The location, very near Victoria Station, was very convenient for us as we were able to walk to Buckingham Palace, along with hordes of other tourists who had to drive to get there. There are some good restaurants in the area. The staff was attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea B
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Andrea B

Thank you for the 5* review, I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will ensure that the team receives your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

ideal location to visit the city. Close to Victoria Station and to the main attractives of London. Very clean, friendly staff and very nice rooms. The price is good especially in relation with other hotels of the city.For sure I'll suggest it to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lolo134

Dear Iolo134

Thank you for 5* review, I am delighted that you enjoyed or location and found our staff friendly.

I am pleased that you would suggest us to others.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great location especially when you have to wake up early to catch coaches, trains etc

However paid to upgrade, first of all, the room key doesn't work for executive lounge (a lot of times, had to go down to reception to change keys). Secondly, housekeeping doesn't refill chocolates in room everyday. And today they placed water randomly on one table... Housekeeping not so great.

Breakfast selection aren't that many, still ok...

Room very spacious but air con is soooo freezing, turned to 30 degrees still feel like 10 degrees.

Toilet doesn't flush well.

Dear Jen80811

Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologise for the issues that you experienced within your stay. I am disappointed that the housekeeping team were not consistent. I have now informed the housekeeping Manager who is now re-training the room attendants of company standards. I have also informed our Maintenance team of the issues with the air conditioning and toilet and this will be dealt with accordingly.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and I hope you would consider stay with us again despite the problems you experienced.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here with sister while visiting London. Location is EXCELLENT for those travelling by train or subway. Victoria station was not even a 2 minute walk away. Staff was also excellent. Unfortunately injured myself upon check in when my foot was run over by the automatic rotating door at entrance. The manager on duty (Dorina - spellcheck) was most helpful and did everything to make me feel comfortable. I would highly recommend for anyone travelling in the area.

1  Thank Alyssa R

Dear Alyssa R

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you found our location excellent and Dorina was able to assist with your injury and was able to make your feel comfortable.

I am pleased that you would recommend us to others.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed there on our anniversary weekend in London. We were upgraded for free to a one bedroom apartment on the 9th floor. Greeted by friendly receptionist, upgraded to the apartment, wine and sweets waiting fir us. What more one could wish for. Thank you to all the staff in Park Plaza. It was a fabulous stay! We will be back:-)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Will1977186621

Dear Will1977186621

Thank you for the 5* review, I am delighted that we was able to make your anniversary extra special. I will ensure your review is passed back to the team.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very good location and an excellent restaurant in the hotel.
Stayed 2 nights whilst passing through London.
Would definitely recommend to fellow travellers and would stay there again.
A bit pricey, but worth the extra cost

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alanhenders0n

Dear alanhenders0n

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and our location.

I am delighted that you would definitely recommend us to others and you would return.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We arrived early at this hotel so our 2 bed apt was not ready but we could still check in, cannot remember name of man who checked us in but he was very friendly, informative and helpful. We left our luggage with Danny the concierge who also was very helpful. Our 2 bed apt was excellent, modern, very clean, spacious and comfortable and had a nice view of the city scape especially at night time. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choice, again waiting staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is central to all the sights, we walked all over london and also to Victoria Station which is only a 2 min walk away, also having access to gatwick express train a huge plus. We cant wait to visit London again and will def stay at the park plaza again. Thank you for a great visit to London.

1  Thank MarieK39

Dear MarieK39

Thank you for the 5* review, I am delighted that your enjoyed our location and the apartment. Also I am pleased that you found our service friendly, informative and helpful. I will ensure that the reception, concierge and breakfast team receive your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.