“Fitness Centre closed at 6pm”

Park Plaza Victoria London
Ranked #239 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
london, United Kingdom
“Fitness Centre closed at 6pm”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Whats the point of that? I am working all day and return to hotel around 6pm. I like to have dinner and relax before going to the fitness centre. Imagine my surprise when I went down at 830pm and the fitness centre is closed...I stayed here because of the facilities. I wont be back

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Scott T
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Scott T

Thank you for your review.

I can understand your frustrations in regards to the fitness centre being closed from 18:00 however the equipment is accessible for in-house guests 24 hours and they are able to access the gym via the room key. There is a sign in place however I would like to apologies if this not clear. We will change the sign this week to make it more clear.

Rob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We chose this hotel for price and location. I want to commend the quick service. I called housekeeping because my shower had lost part of the caulking and consequently water flooded into the bathroom. Someone from the engineering department came to the room within five minutes. The location is excellent, across the street from Victoria Station. We chose not to purchase the breakfast (£14/ day) and instead crossed the street and had wonderful breakfasts at Pan Cotidien for a fraction of that price. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarjML
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear MarjML

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that the fault within your room was resolved within a timely manner. I am delighted that you found our location excellent and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a very good hotel that presents decent value-for-money compared to a lot of the hotels in the area. The rooms are large, modern and comfortable; the staff are friendly and helpful; and the location is very convenient for access to Victoria train and bus stations, as well as walking to Buckingham Palace or down to the Thames.

I would certainly recommend this hotel based on my experiences.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ChrisUKinHanoi
Dear ChrisUKinHanoi

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and found it large, modern and comfortable, also that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Castel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here on recommendation of a friend, and were agreeably surprised. Right next to Victoria Station, so very convenient. Room was fine, staff pleasant, efficient and attentive. We only ate breakfast, but that was excellent. Will probably stay again.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room, which was fine; our companions had an apartment room on the 8th floor, wh...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tarazed2
Dear Tarazed2

Thank you for the 5* review, I am pleased that we was able to surprise you with the recommendation by our location and the service provided by the team.

I will ensure that your comments are passed back to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Second time staying at the property for business with several check ins and outs over a week period. Also always a great property with helpful staff. Not the most exciting design and decor but centrally located to the Victoria Train Station, Tube and several dining options.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SO T
Dear S T

Thank you for your 5* review, I am pleased that we were able to welcome you back to the hotel once again and that you enjoyed our say.

I hope we can continue to welcoming you back.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked the Park Plaza Victoria on line and the hotel exceeded our expectations. The location, very near Victoria Station, was very convenient for us as we were able to walk to Buckingham Palace, along with hordes of other tourists who had to drive to get there. There are some good restaurants in the area. The staff was attentive and friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Andrea B
Dear Andrea B

Thank you for the 5* review, I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will ensure that the team receives your feedback.

Parma, Italy
Reviewed 19 August 2014

ideal location to visit the city. Close to Victoria Station and to the main attractives of London. Very clean, friendly staff and very nice rooms. The price is good especially in relation with other hotels of the city.For sure I'll suggest it to my friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank lolo134
Dear Iolo134

Thank you for 5* review, I am delighted that you enjoyed or location and found our staff friendly.

I am pleased that you would suggest us to others.