The Royal Cambridge Hotel
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
Rosewood London(London)
US$588
US$491
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$215
US$171
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspaddington stationhyde parktheatre packagetheatre breakgreat showerhotel staffexcellent locationone night stayclean hotelshort stayoxford streetmin walklondon hotelyogurtradiatorpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I organised a group of friends to stay here for a night.

When we arrived we were told that they had overbooked on the rooms and the rooms we booked online were not available. I'm a pretty positive guy (as you can see by my other reviews) and was not phased at this time as the reception clerk offered us a number of alternative single rooms as well as a room they had booked within another hotel a few doors away. Ultimately, it meant that the group were split up, BUT due to the inconvenience, the clerk stated that the room they had offered us at the alternative hotel was free of charge. I agreed with this proposition and was happy with this solution.

At the end of our stay, I paid for the amount less the room in the alternative hotel. Everything was good.

Upon checking my accounts a short period later I noticed an extra single transaction had appeared out of nowhere for the room that I had not paid for at the end of my stay. It had been taken with the card I booked with online!

Thinking it may had been an admin error, I phoned and spoke to reception and explained the situation. The reception did not want to help and I was told on a number of times through the following couple of days that the manager was not available to speak to me. When I say they did not want to help, they didn't even try and immediately said the manager needed to deal with things of this nature.

After time and time again of phoning, I gave up trying via that method and turned to email. I eventually received one solitary email that stated that the manager was looking into it and that was the last I ever heard!

This incident has spooked me. Its the fact hotels can just take money out of your account as easy as that! Crazy.

Room Tip: I wouldn't worry, you probably wont have the room you booked anyway!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank adamdoestravel
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went on a holiday to London and had this Hotel booked by our tour agent. It was absolutely terrible to call itself a hotel.It's more like a hostel than a hotel. However they had the room cleaned daily with fresh towels and bed spreads. But the room was too cramped and the best part was it was on the 1 1/2 th floor of the hotel. I mean it. You have to take the lift to the 2nd floor and then take the stairs to the floor between 1 and 2. It was some serious Harry Potter stuff. I totally have to hold my travel agent "Make My Trip" for destroying my trip by booking this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Can't really write a review on the stay as we didn't actually get to stay there!! We booked our triple room in August ready for my step daughters birthday trip 29th sept!! When we arrived the reception man was on the phone,after standing around for 10 mins,he said our room was no longer available and that they had booked us into another hotel!! So when we thought our travelling was over for the day we then had a taxi journey to make to a hotel In an area that I'd never been to before!! Not happy at all and will never return!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Carmelsmommy
Reviewed 16 September 2013

No way is this a three star hotel.. Only window in room looked out onto internal corridor Which meant keeping curtains closed for privacy. Shower so small nearly impossible to enter. Sink so small unable to fill kettle and had to fill from mugs under tap..TV not working. Single beds that were so narrow that if you were not careful you were likely to find your self on the floor. Breakfast was some thing else !!!. Baked Beans & Microwaved Sausages Cold Boiled Eggs (No Egg Cups provided.)
And lastly cold squares OF SPAM. Could not wait to get out of there and would not recommend to anyone as staff were as miserable as sin.
Th could not even get the order placed with reception for taxi for the following morning right.

Room Tip: My tip is don't choose one. Answers to previous reviews not worth the paper they are written on
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill O
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed in this room for one single day and had the worst experience ever. Very very small room with no ventilation at all. The room door was terrible and making annoying sound when open and close. I could hear people walking on top in their room. And fire alram sounded twice 4am and 6am which spoiled my sleep. Basically this cannot be called a hotel. Its like my house back store room. After 4am the A/C didnt work. No ventilation no A/C (this room was in basement) imagine!!! No comments about the food because its one of the worst food I have ever had in london. We planned to stay 2 days but checked out in the first day.
But location is good easy access to tube station.

• Stayed: August 2013