“Fantastic location, clean and comfortable budget appartment”
Review of Astons Apartments

Astons Apartments
Ranked #729 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, clean and comfortable budget appartment”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Myself, my daughter and my two grandchildren stayed for 4 nights in a triple bed room with an extra pull out bed. It is amazing value for money - but not in the luxury bracket. The room was adequate and the kitchenette a real bonus - even washing up liquid, teatowel and scrubber was included. The room and public areas were very clean and our towels were replaced with big fluffy white towels each day. The staff were pleasant and very helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. I would definately stay here again as I felt that it was a safe area, close to the tube and bus stops (5mins) and also had restaurants, cafes and supermarkets within a few minutes walk. Overall and excellent choice if you are on a budget.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Logisticlady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gibraltar, null, Gibraltar
Reviewed 1 March 2014

spent a few days here on our visit to London. The service from staff is excellent, very helpful and would like to thank them for their understanding and help provided.
The location is perfect, very near to transport and restaurants.
Rooms are clean and acceptable in size. not much luxury but really value for money.
Wifi is available at a reasonable cost.
Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Riverside, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week here. It isn't the Savoy but you can't beat the bang for the buck. If you can afford more, then go spend your money elsewhere but you cant beat the value here. We stayed in a double room on the first floor next to the office. The rooms are small, just enough room to move around the bed and the bathroom is the size of a closet and contains the toilet and shower. That being said it was exactly what you need, clean comfortable bed, clean bathroom with lots of hot water. Small kitchenette with a fridge. Its a five minute walk to the Glouscester Street Underground station and walking distance to the V&A and Natural Science Museums. Abundant restaurants in the surrounding neighborhood and a supermarket next to the tube station. This will be our place to stay in London from now on, that is unless I win the lottery than its "Hello Savoy!"

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank BadKarma65
New York, NY
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at the apartments for one week during a work trip to London. The single was extremely tiny ( a lot smaller than I remember my college dorm room being), but the location was fantastic. I interacted with the staff during check in and check out and they were quite pleasant. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, and its in a great neighborhood and a 5 minute walk to the tube so it worked well for me.

Room Tip: Choose anything but the single, its tiny!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank seashell_pat
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed in London many times and I will happily book here again. The location in Kensington is outstanding. It is only a 5 minute walk to the tube and there are many shops and restaurants close by. I often book into apartments as I like being able to go to the local markets to get food, as eating out in London is expensive. I booked a standard double room but was upgraded on arrival.

Yes, the rooms are small and I did have to climb about 5 flights of stairs to get to my room, it is London. This property is a Victorian town house so there is no lift. As I was on the top floor and the area is quiet, I slept very well.

The staff was wonderful, my bed was comfortable and there was good water pressure. The wi-fi connection was good and only cost a few pounds a day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank hjgirl_99
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Astons for the first but not the last time. The staff were wonderful; helpful, courteous and happy! The room had everything; a comfortable bed, table and chairs, a "kitchen in a cupboard" that was excellently stocked and a shower room complimented a super place. Stay at Astons. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pine Mountain Club, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I arrived late at night due to my train schedule. The staff went out of their way to make a key available for me, which I fully appreciated. The central London location was ideal for seeing the Victorian and Albert and other museums - just a few blocks from the tube. My room as a single was a bit small, but it had a compact kitchen fitted in behind a cupboard.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo