“you get what you pay for”

Lincoln House Hotel
Ranked #207 of 575 London B&B and Inns
UK
“you get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I can only think that there are some rooms far better than others in this hotel given that some people love it and others hate it. We were on the 4rth floor which has been added as a loft extension at some point. From the lobby area, it is 79 steps to get there. Room facilities were fine, room is small, but the air con buzzing and traffic noise meant we got very little sleep at all. Noise from adjoining rooms shutting their doors made your bed shake. We were due to stay for another night, but left after 2 and paid the 50% cancellation fee. Location isn't maybe as great as it is made out. A brisk 15 minute walk to the subway.

Room Tip: read all the reviews.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miktek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

stayed here recently,was not impressed by the room asked to be moved from 3rd floor due to a disability in climbing so many stairs, i was grateful for the opportunity to ground floor room. the room was supposed to be a twin but was too small and the shower room so small it suffocated you while showering,also was very smelly like cat's pee ,ammonia like smell.the b'fast was not as good as it had been , i had stayed here before this was my forth time but was disappointed this time around (room 2 0 is a no no

Room Tip: do not choose room 2,for two people ,far too small
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

You can't get much for under £100 in London and this little place is perfect. It's a stone's throw from Oxford Street and many other attractions. In fact we walked everywhere from here. Hyde Park isn't far, and we walked back from Covent Garden after a night out. The hotel is decked with flowers at the front so you can't miss it, and inside has the feel of a homely bed and breakfast with nice carpets, antique furniture, mirrors etc. Reception is downstairs (very friendly and helpful) next to a small breakfast room. We didn't take the breakfast (£6.50 per person) as all we wanted was a coffee and a pastry so we headed over towards Baker Street 5 minutes away where there are loads of cafes. Our room was on the 3rd floor (no lift but no problem). Lovely big double bed with nice cotton sheets. TV (we didn't bother with), aircon (we needed as the room was hot) and a tiny bathroom (OK though). Towels were supplied and there was tea and coffee in bedroom. We slept like logs and it was quiet. Next morning when we left there was rainforest-type sounds playing in the stairways!

Room Tip: I'd probably ask for a high room if you don't mind stairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMR243
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in a "single plus" room. I looked at lots of other hotels before booking and this one was considerably cheaper so I did wonder what it would be like but trip advisor reviews looked good so gave it a go. I was so pleased I did!

Really lovely little hotel. Its in a great location - just off Oxford Road and a 5 minute walk to Marble Arch tube station and the hotel is clearly well very taken care of as are the guests.

Room was extremely clean and had a double bed, kettle, tea/coffee/milk, TV, mini fridge, and air conditioning. Wifi is free. The room wasn't large but that is of no odds for me - I was delighted most of the space was taken up with a great size bed!

Staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help.

I didn't have breakfast there so can't comment on that but the menu certainly looked comprehensive.

I look forward to staying at the Lincoln again next time I visit London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Schwyz, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was put into a simple room, that was really small! Even though it was touristy season, I thought the price of £70 was too much. One problem was, that there was only a thin door between my room and another room. When I came back home, I had to slam my room-door slighty to close it and I guess the guest in the other room woke up, as much as I got woken up by the hairdryer next door in the morning.

Room Tip: A room to the back in any case
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights from the 9th August and I really am not sure where some of the reviews on here come from. When you book the room it tells you how big they are and so I knew what to expect. The room was clean, the bed was comfy... What more do you need. I didn't have the breakfast due to this trip being a "social" one, so I was never up in time but when I visit again, I most probably will try it. The staff were really friendly, and very welcoming.

The location is perfect for the price of a night here, I really couldn't believe how close to Oxford St it was.

Thank you so much for a really enjoyable stay.

I have many of friends who love staying in central so I will be highly recommending they stay here.

Once again, thank you.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mduk86
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here on 4th/5th August when in London for a concert. The hotel is in a great location - just off Oxford Road and a 5 minute walk to Marble Arch tube station.

Room was extremely clean and had a full size double bed, kettle, tea/coffee/milk, TV, mini fridge, fan and air conditioning (which was greatly welcomed given the warm weather!). Our room was on the ground floor. The room was average size and there was enough space for the two of us for what we needed - after all, we weren't in London to spend all day in our room!! Bathroom was compact, however, it was very clean and the shower had plently of hot water! We were provided with the password for the wifi upon check in, along with information regards breakfast (although we never ate in the hotel as we dont bother with breakfast).

Staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help. When we checked out, they stored our luggage for us free of charge. When we went to collect our bags later that day, we had been caught out in a downpour and were soaking. We asked if they had an area we could quickly change our clothes and were kindly given a room to use for as long as needed and were provided with towels to use to dry off (which was greatly appreciated!) - all at no cost!

The only possible negative I could maybe identify is that there are a lot of stairs in the hotel which may prove difficult for people with physical disabilities. This was not an issue for us, but I would suggest to contact the hotel prior to arrival to discuss any needs/requirements as I am sure they will try to accommodate you as best they can - they were extremely helpful throughout our stay.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again as we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel and pay on arrival and they give you 5% off
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple