Lincoln House Hotel
US$181
US$429
US$230
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$196
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$299
US$251
US$237
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I can only think that there are some rooms far better than others in this hotel given that some people love it and others hate it. We were on the 4rth floor which has been added as a loft extension at some point. From the lobby area, it is 79 steps to get there. Room facilities were fine, room is small, but the air con buzzing and traffic noise meant we got very little sleep at all. Noise from adjoining rooms shutting their doors made your bed shake. We were due to stay for another night, but left after 2 and paid the 50% cancellation fee. Location isn't maybe as great as it is made out. A brisk 15 minute walk to the subway.

Room Tip: read all the reviews.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miktek
Reviewed 11 September 2013

stayed here recently,was not impressed by the room asked to be moved from 3rd floor due to a disability in climbing so many stairs, i was grateful for the opportunity to ground floor room. the room was supposed to be a twin but was too small and the shower room so small it suffocated you while showering,also was very smelly like cat's pee ,ammonia like smell.the b'fast was not as good as it had been , i had stayed here before this was my forth time but was disappointed this time around (room 2 0 is a no no

Room Tip: do not choose room 2,for two people ,far too small
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

You can't get much for under £100 in London and this little place is perfect. It's a stone's throw from Oxford Street and many other attractions. In fact we walked everywhere from here. Hyde Park isn't far, and we walked back from Covent Garden after a night out. The hotel is decked with flowers at the front so you can't miss it, and inside has the feel of a homely bed and breakfast with nice carpets, antique furniture, mirrors etc. Reception is downstairs (very friendly and helpful) next to a small breakfast room. We didn't take the breakfast (£6.50 per person) as all we wanted was a coffee and a pastry so we headed over towards Baker Street 5 minutes away where there are loads of cafes. Our room was on the 3rd floor (no lift but no problem). Lovely big double bed with nice cotton sheets. TV (we didn't bother with), aircon (we needed as the room was hot) and a tiny bathroom (OK though). Towels were supplied and there was tea and coffee in bedroom. We slept like logs and it was quiet. Next morning when we left there was rainforest-type sounds playing in the stairways!

Room Tip: I'd probably ask for a high room if you don't mind stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMR243
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in a "single plus" room. I looked at lots of other hotels before booking and this one was considerably cheaper so I did wonder what it would be like but trip advisor reviews looked good so gave it a go. I was so pleased I did!

Really lovely little hotel. Its in a great location - just off Oxford Road and a 5 minute walk to Marble Arch tube station and the hotel is clearly well very taken care of as are the guests.

Room was extremely clean and had a double bed, kettle, tea/coffee/milk, TV, mini fridge, and air conditioning. Wifi is free. The room wasn't large but that is of no odds for me - I was delighted most of the space was taken up with a great size bed!

Staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help.

I didn't have breakfast there so can't comment on that but the menu certainly looked comprehensive.

I look forward to staying at the Lincoln again next time I visit London.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was put into a simple room, that was really small! Even though it was touristy season, I thought the price of £70 was too much. One problem was, that there was only a thin door between my room and another room. When I came back home, I had to slam my room-door slighty to close it and I guess the guest in the other room woke up, as much as I got woken up by the hairdryer next door in the morning.

Room Tip: A room to the back in any case