“A Cunning Plan”

Ranked #567 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Manchester
“A Cunning Plan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

Made a last minute booking and were very pleased with the accommodation.
We had to change rooms because of the late booking. First night in room 1 (exec room) was very comfortable - however there was a constant humming noise coming from outside - which made sleeping initially difficult. Second night in room 2 (a suite on the first floor) was much quieter. Beds are fabulously comfortable and rooms are well appointed.
All the atmosphere of a modern (not fuddy duddy) club. Staff very friendly and handy for the trendy restaurants of Shepherds Market. Definitely use again on future London visits.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lawrence K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

My friends and I booked The Foxed Club based on the excellent reviews it received. We were extremely happy upon our arrival that it surpassed our expectations. We planned to stay five days but because of the “Ash Cloud” incident our stay was extended to ten. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful – they did all they could to allow us to keep our beautiful and comfortable room, and assured us if they did not have any availability we could stay at their sister hotel. We were able to stay in our room for the remainder of the stay!

Although the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are spacious, the bar is fun, and the location is perfect, the best part of the hotel is the wonderful staff. They were helpful, knowledgeable, and a great time when you joined them for a drink at the bar!

Although I preferred to stay in Notting Hill in my past visits to London, from now on I am making The Fox Club my go to hotel – it’s perfect!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maca46
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

I almost didn't want to leave a review as I wouldn't want too many people knowing about this hotel. They only have 9 rooms and each were decorated differently. I stayed in a junior suite (room 6) which was lovely with quality furnishings, great bed and very spacious.

The bar area is really spacious and with only a few residents was relaxing and quiet. The drinks in the bar weren't over priced but the minibar in the room was typical of a top end hotel. Great location with only a short walk to many top nightspots.

The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for me.

Can't wait to go back

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Roselle Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

A couple of weeks ago, my sister, my friend and I went to London for a quick vacation (less than one week). Unfortunately, a giant volcano erupted in Iceland, and much like millions of other people, we were stranded in a foreign country, relatively helpless. Even before we had the problem of finding a place to stay for an undetermined amount of time, the staff at The Fox Club were amazingly pleasant and friendly, without seeming as if they were just doing it to appease you. Everyone from the cleaning staff, to the bartenders, to the managers were absolutely wonderful! It is a small staff, so it feels as if they consider themselves something more than just co-workers. When the volcano situation occurred, they told us that they would be able to keep us in the room for a few days longer, but that the hotel was fully booked for the weekend. But they booked us a room at another one of their hotels which was around the corner, for a discounted fee, and even offered to hold on to our luggage, so we didn't have to walk back and forth with everything. Thankfully we were able to get flights back home before the weekend, but was great to know that they were doing everything to help us out. The hotel itself, is just lovely! It is small, but just the perfect size, although we found the rooms to be huge! Rarely will you see a room the size of these at a Hilton (without having to pay an arm and a leg.) or any other cookie-cutter hotel, who most likely would have just shown us the door when we had nowhere to go, much like they dod to may of the people stranded there... The very well decorated rooms have high ceilings with matching windows which allow you to awaken with the natural light that comes in each morning. The bathrooms are spacious, clean and modern, and you will never be in want of a towel while staying there...they give you plenty! The beds were so amazingly comfortable that I found myself oversleeping the whole time I was there, but I didn't mind I was on vacation after all. The cleaning service was wonderful, they would dust and clean and even fold all of our clothes and organize all of our random junk throughout the room. seeing as how everything closes relatively early there, we would usually end the night at the hotel bar. If it is not filled with guests, then it is filled with paying members of The Fox Club. Another thing that I liked about The Fox Club is its location. You are essentially in the middle of everything. Located right off Piccadilly on Clarges street, it is 2 blocks away from the Green Park tube, which has three lines running from it. Buses and taxis are also readily available from Piccadilly. We walked alot, and everything from Piccadilly Circus, Hyde Park, Bond Street, Oxford Street, Soho, and Trafalgar Square seemed to be a 10-15 minute walk away. It is also a seemingly safe area. I felt very comfortable walking around during all hours of the day. I can honestly say that there was not a single thing nor a single person that I encountered in this hotel that I did not like. The mere fact that they went so out of the way to help us, constantly calling us to tell us whether or not they had a weekend cancellation so we wouldn't be inconvenienced, or offering us the use of their computer and telephones to contact our families back home and the airlines, or even charging us the member room fee because of our unprecedented extended stay, has made the place and the people unforgettable. Not only will this be the only place I will stay while in London, but I may also become a member.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank mcifuentes09
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

I booked this hotel solely on the photos and reviews of trip advisor. It met expectations and maybe just a little but more. Pro's and cons to the place but mostly pro's. Room was fantastic (Room 6 Cavendish suite). Luxurious bed and duvet, flat screen TV, decent kettle, nice bathroom although if your over 6 ft, shower may be a problem. Staff were very friendly. Room was quite cold despite having heating on full blast. I informed them on booking that my wife was pregnant but they still put us on 3rd floor with many very steep stairs. Other users of the hotel were not very considerate to those sleeping in the small hours and was quite noisy. Location was superb for Green Park station. Overall, my wife and I loved the stay (It was for her bday) and I would recommend but I wouldnt stay there again. I wish I had a bedroom like the suite I stayed in at Fox Club.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djjayman76
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

The Staff were exetremely accomadating. We arrived far to early to check in after a long drive in the snow,& our few days away were very important to us.
They had one room cleaned & ready in the basement & we could check in there immediately if we liked the room & we loved it.
It was so comfortable, warm and spacious with character. It also felt like our little hideaway where nobody could bother us as it's the only room in the basement, it was the ideal room for a romantic stay.
It had all the extra's you would expect in a hotel, great bathroom facilities, hairdryer, iron & board, as well as the small toiltries, Moulton Brown, a personal favourite of mine.
It was a room that had all the facilities for an unplanned stay, which in London is a good thing.
We had lunch in the resturant, the food was well presented, brilliantly cooked & very tasty.
The fireplaces in the bar & resturant gave a really cosy &comfortable atmosphere.
It's a hidden gem in an excellent location and we enjoyed our well earned break there.
We would definately stay there again. We want to thank all the staff, from the cleaners to the General Manager ( a very efficient lady ) for putting themselves out for us. This is a very rare occurance these days and we appreciate it.
I would recommend room number 1 to my friends looking for a good place for a romantic break, when all you really want to concentrate on is each other!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

We booked the Fox Club for a rare night away in the west end. The place itself is lovely, very cosy and very intimate. The room we checked into was lovely, but it was freezing. We decided to go out for dinner and leave the heating turned up for a few hours. When we returned it was no warmer. We asked for an alternative room and were shown a few rooms.

The first room we were shown was the exact room I'd asked not be put in (I'd read from another tripadvisor review to avoid room 1) and it wasn't clean/ready for guests to go into! The second room seemed no warmer than ours (although understandably they don't leave heating on when the rooms are not being used) and the last room was much smaller on the top floor - which we ended up taking as it was warm. Walking up and down staircases at almost midnight wasn't our idea of a great night away.

When we complained the next morning to the manageress (who was very pleasant) we were merely offered an apology and no mention of any sort of compensation. Even an offer of breakfast on the house would have been a good will gesture.

We had such high hopes for our night at the Fox Club and it turned out to be a real disappointment!

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple