“great for the money.”

Ranked #377 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“great for the money.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great location, close to really good restaurants.

Being a platinum IHG member I regularly get upgraded when I stay here so that is always nice. the exec rooms are much nicer have been refurbed.

restaurant is decent enough for a holiday inn, quite a few options.

breakfast is generally better than most Holiday Inns.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Diveboy77,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write your review.
We are pleased you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your newly refurbished bedroom.
Our chef 'Stewart' will be happy to hear your comments on breakfast, we will certainly feed this back to him.

Please do visit us again, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Miriam, GMs Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cagliari, Italy
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights a few months ago, I regularly stay in London Hotels and this one without doubt was the worst 4 Star I have experienced, I really don't know how they could call it a 4 Star. The rooms were small, very little wardrobe space (see photo), the bathroom was tiny and came with minimal products for 2 people (see photo) and the mini bar was empty (see photo). We arrived in the evening and were hungry so called room service, no one picked up (never had this before), I called reception but busy, so I walked down to reception and they said they would have room service call me versus sort out the situation there and then (eventually 10 mins later I got a call). The food was okay apart from the large bone I found in my chicken fillet burger (see photo, thankfully located it before choking on it). The service at this hotel is average. The best thing about the hotel is the location, close to many tube stops and regents park (this is why I chose the hotel) but these are the only plus points. The hotel is just so dated and overpriced and the rooms feel very claustrophobic not to mention expensive wifi charges, I would not stay here again (I would have preferred a cheap travel inn) and would not recommend it unless you get a great price (for me it not worth over £100 per night, I paid £156 and the normal rates are around £200+).

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any rooms in the hotel I would recommend given the hotel room rates an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TeamGSD
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear TeamGSD

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our hotel. As you can imagine we are very disappointed that you had such a negative experience with us, it is so important that each and every single one of our guests leaves completely satisfied with all aspects of their stay, from dining experience to bedroom experience. I would love to have the chance restore some of your faith into our hotel. Please can you contact me personally so we can talk about this? Many thanks.

Lille, France
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is just off Great Portland Road and a 10 min walk to Oxford Street. It's in a very quiet location so you're not bothered with traffic noise. I didn't eat dinner in the hotel but the breakfast offered a decent selection of hot and cold food but nothing special. One thing I was disappointed with - when I stepped out of the shower I put my foot on a piece of very sharp plastic on the bathroom floor, which had obviously not been cleaned properly. I took this to reception to complain and was given an apology and told the room would be thoroughly cleaned by my return in the evening. In their defence, the room was spotless later but a gesture for the guest would have been very much appreciated - a glass of wine or something? If you're looking for a decent hotel that's not too far from the attractions but isn't in the heart of all the noise and traffic, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michelle B
Miriam M, GMs Office. at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Michelle B

Thank you for your review on our hotel. You are absolutely right, Oxford street is a short walk away, so we have a fantastic location if you want to explore this famous shopping street. We are very centrally located so many famous attractions are near by. We are so disappointed about your experience in your hotel room, this definitely should never happen and we feel terrible and completely agree that a complimentary drink or similar should have been offered to you, we always aim to resolve any issues in the appropriate way and so we are sorry you weren't satisfied - we will look into the background of your issue immediately and make sure it doesn't happen again. Cleanliness and comfort are a high priority to us and we can't apologise enough. Breakfast in out hotel is usually praised, so we are also disappointed that you found it only average, we offer award winning sausages and have quite a variety to cater for different tastes. We thank you for your stay and we hope we can welcome you back in the future, if you inform us before hand that you are coming back we will have that drink waiting for you :)

Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Not bad, not bad at all, I must say. The best part is the location: 10 minutes walk from Oxford Circus and 1 minute from the nearest underground. It's located in a very quiet area, some restaurants around the corner.

The hotel itself is not the best Holiday Inn has to offer, but it's clean, reasonably prices (especially if you look for online deals) and the (mostly South- and Eastern European) staff is friendly. We didn't eat breakfast as we found it quite steep at nearly 60 pounds for two persons/two nights.

The rooms are small, clean and well equipped. There is free wifi if you are a member of HIG (sign on if you aren't), but it would be great if the tv showed all the channels it should. There is an okay bar on the 1rst floor.

The reason to choose this hotel is it's location and the Holiday Inn-standard together with a good deal. You can't go wrong with this place, just make sure you go out and see the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Toekook

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you were able to make the most of our central location, we really are very well situated, with Regents park just around the corner and of course many other attractions close by. We are sorry you didn't try our breakfast as we are sure you would have been very impressed - we offer award winning sausages and a fantastic pancake making machine which is often praised, what's more, if you book early you can take advantage of some great deals. Overall we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Miriam,.
North East England
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here for 4 nights recently, as a theatre trip to London for my partners birthday. Overall the hotel is clean, well decorated and staff are friendly. They will try and accommodate any request you have and were very helpful.

We were in one of the executive rooms, on the 6th floor (room 631) with street views. It was quiet, clean and tidy with good decoration and was spacious enough for two people to "live" in without being on top of each other. The bed was noted as a double, but seemed more spacious than a normal double.

I would say the only 3 (small) negative remarks we have about the hotel are: 1) the door to the room didn't open all the way, which meant getting luggage in and out was difficult. It was also difficult for room service to get in and out with trays of food. 2) The water pressure in the shower is non-existent. It was like showering under a dripping tap, rather than a shower. 3) The mini-fridge in the room is weight sensitive, so you can't store anything else in it to keep it cool. This was somewhat disappointing as a lot of hotels now have fridge space for you to keep drinks/snacks cold.

In terms of furniture and layout, we had: a very spacious wardrobe (in the vestibule area), with lots of hanging space and cupboards and right next to it a mini fridge with snacks and drinks. Then you go into the main room and there was a very large double bed, a comfy chair with coffee table, an office desk and office chair, two bed side tables, 2 bedside lamps and a TV. The bathroom was small but adequate with enough space to store our toiletries.

One nice feature of the executive rooms is that each day they give you 2 free bottles of water and 1 free candy bar (KitKat chunky). A nice suggestions ma be to find out what type of water your guests like. We could only ever use one of the bottles as we don't like sparkling water.

The breakfast was not bad. It cost £9.99 per person if you booked in advance, or (I think) £14 if you turned up on the morning and wanted breakfast. Honestly, for the price, in London, you couldn't really go anywhere else and spend less than that. The food was typical hotel breakfast food, but not bad. Hot buffet of the usual eggs, bacon, sausage, has browns, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes. Cold selection of cheese, meats, fruit and yoghurt. There was various breads, toast and pancakes (which you make yourself). There was also a good selection of cereals, fruit juices and hot drinks. I will also say that one morning when we turned up late (we mixed up the weekday/weekend times) they accommodated us as best they could and brought out some of the food that they had started to clear away, so that we could still eat. We really appreciated that.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the local tube station. Across the road from the hotel (2 min walk) there is a sainsbury for snacks, etc. Sainsbury also leads onto the main road area which has various places to eat, Starbucks, etc.

There are always cabs available around the hotel or on the nearby street, so it's easy to hail one down. You're also a 5-10 minute walk from the start of Regents Park, which is you carry on up for another 20 minutes, takes you to ZSL London Zoo.

We paid around £800 for 4 nights including breakfast and we booked online, through the Holiday Inn website. One tip though, always book online, never just turn up and book. The "rack rates" for just turning up, were £450 per night for the executive room that we were in, so we saved around £1000 just by booking online. Everyone has a smart phone these days, so even if you were stuck in London and needed a hotel then and there, you're better off whipping out your phone, booking online and then walking into the hotel. You'll save yourself a lot of money.

Overall, this was a good hotel, decently priced for London, good location with good transport connections and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ragpie
Dear Ragpie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on our hotel. We are so pleased that you found our hotel team to be friendly, customer care is our primary objective so it makes us proud that you felt welcome. We are fortunate to be situated so centrally in London, we have many great attractions within walking distance, and if you wish to explore further the tube station is a couple of minutes walk away. Breakfast in our hotel consists of award winning sausages and eggs freshly cooked to your liking, we also offer continental style with fruit and croissants, thus cater for all tastes; we are pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for your feedback on the shower pressure, we apologise and understand that this must have been quite frustrating, we are looking into this as we speak and we hope you return to us and will be able to notice the improvement.

Thank you once again and all the best,

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. No fuss check-in, very quick but friendly. A modern, clean, comfortable room - not huge, but then I was only there for one night. I paid a brief visit to the bar and the service was also friendly.

Given the central location, the lack of noise was an excellent feature of the hotel - it's pretty much on a backstreet but I still had a really quiet night for London, which was nice.

Check-out was again quick and efficient and for me, the location was very good indeed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jorganmeister
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jorganmeister

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer care, we want our guests to feel welcome upon arrival and satisfied on departure, so we were pleased to read your feedback.
We are fortunate to be very centrally located, many of London's famous attractions are within walking distance, however, we are tucked away enough so that you can most definitely have a pleasant sleep.
Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Gillingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

That's the best of it. It's London and central (ish) so expensive. But it is comfortable and clean which ultimately is why you go to holiday inn. You are not looking for the 5 star service. If you need to be close to Regents park, want parking and happy to have a clean bathroom and comfy bed you could do much worse.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ryan A
Dear Ryan

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are pleased you found us clean and tidy, this is a very important part of any hotel stay and we take special care to ensure everything is perfect for you. We are very centrally located in London, we have Oxford street just 7 minutes walk away and Regents park literally across the road - we hope you were able to explore all the great attractions London has to offer, especially as you were so perfectly situated. Customer care is our primary objective our hotel team are always happy to hear any feedback, we want you to leave feeling completely satisfied.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.