“Good value and great location for central London”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #388 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked in advance with booking.com and got good rates and were allocated an executive room on the top floor. Quiet location but easy access. Spacious, cool foyer - very welcoming on a hot day. Good airconditioning in the room. Compact bathroom but spotlessly clean and full set of toiletries (it was an executive room).

Would stay again if needing a night in Central London.

Room Tip: Executive rooms on the 6th floor were very good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear eshergirl

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are really pleased you had a pleasant experience with us. We are lucky to have such a central location so you can discover all the great attractions London has to offer, with Oxford street just 7 minutes walk away, yet, as you mentioned, tucked out of the way enough so you can have a quiet night's sleep.
We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Many Thanks,
Miriam, GMs Office

Write a ReviewReviews (2,368)

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Perfect location for shopping with Oxford street a short walk away too. Getting here was simple short walk from Oxford circus, could have got off at another station but a wee browse if the shops was too tempting! Staff friendly and helpful joined the rewards club and got free wifi happy days.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rachy0311

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our hotel, it was a pleasure to read. We are so please that you were able to make the most of our central location, I have to admit that I too love browsing the shops of Oxford street so many to choose from :). It's great that you found our team friendly and enjoyed your complimentary WiFi.
We hope to welcome you back in the future, as you are now a IHG Rewards member you can start building up your points and receive many of the other great benefits being a member has to offer.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This review is in the main about Late rooms. I had a terrible experience booking this hotel. After making the booking and the money coming out of my account I still hadnt received confirmation 2 days before our travel date. After many calls and being left haning on the line I discovered they hadnt taken my email address propoerly and made no effort to contact me. I ended up calling the hotel who were more than helpful and sorted out the 2 room bookings. I will NEVER use Laterooms again. The hotel was basic with a tiny bathroom, 2 people could'nt be in at once. if you only want a base in London then its fine for that. Staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 39Patricia

Dear39Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you had problems with your booking through Laterooms but are pleased to hear that our hotel team were able to resolve your issue straight away. Our bedroom sizes are a reflection of our brilliant location in central London, we are often praised on how close we are to some of the best attractions in London, we hope you agree. We also hope you had a comfortable stay, we do ensure that our compact rooms provide all the amenities you require, and they are double capacity so we are concerned that you didn't feel this was the case.
We are happy you found out hotel team to be helpful and we do hope to welcome you back in the future, you can book directly through us if you prefer.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for a rest and I did have it. It was gorge ooh and the room was exceptionally clean. Am not used to being looked after by staff but it was a lovely treat. Had my bags taken as I checked in and had someone show me the features of the room. Can't comment on the price as it was a treat for me.
The one thing I found appalling was the guest who on my way out spoke in French and I was surprised at the things he said on phone. He mentioned that he might have made someone loose their job (my heart goes out to whoever lost their job due to things like this) as he had complained of something missing in his room and had found it later. Am stunned to see the extent that people will go. If you have valuables, keep it in a safe. I guess that is what is used for. I hope the hotel security will be wise enough to investigate guests like this.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DeeAnne005

Dear DeeAnne005

Wow, love the title of your review - customer care is our primary objective so feedback like yours is such a pleasure to read - thank you. Your concern about our team members and hotel as a whole is very kind and considerate, we assure you that we definitely look into cases so that both our guests and hotel team are treated fairly.
We hope to welcome you back in the future :)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel went on business it was very hot weather and the air condition was great in the hotel I was really looking forward to a good nights sleep unfortunate the Air conditioning started to make strange noises in the early hours of the morning,so I switched it off and open the windows,the plus side I saw the amazing thunder storms!!! I did mention it to reception in the morning who promised to sort it.
The staff were very helpfull particular the guys outside who got us taxis

Room Tip: We stayed in the executive rooms on the 6th floor which were lovley
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria G
Miriam M, GMs Office. at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Victoria G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are really happy you had a good stay with us. Yes the famous thunderstorm, definitely a great sight! we are sorry that you had problems with your air conditioning and we will make sure this is inspected by our maintenance team right away as it definitely shouldn't be making any noise. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel as it was in close proximity to London Zoo as we had to be at the zoo early before the general public as we were doing Keeper for the Day.
The hotel was as expected for a Holiday Inn, open well appointed foyer, bright atmosphere, clean and spacious.
We were awarded at the reception desk an upgrade of an E

Myself and my husband chose the Holiday Inn as it was close in location to London Zoo as we had booked a Keeper for the Day experience and needed to attend the zoo earlier in the morning before the zoo was open to the general public.
The Holiday Inn was as expected, Open, Bright, Spacious Foyer, Clean and Inviting.
At check in we were offered an Upgrade to an Executive Room which was very welcoming - but on our way to our room we noticed the rather threadbare worn carpets and on opening our room it was Nice but no better appointed than a Premier Inn so that was rather a disappointment.
The room was Clean, a nice large television but the lighting was a bit dark. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean but lacked space to keep our tooth brushes and wash bags dry. There were the usual flannel, soap, shampoos but NO Shower cap which I needed as I did not want to get my hair wet so late in the evening. At first I thought that was an oversight but the next day after the chamber maid had been there was still No shower caps left so obviously they were not on the agenda.
The room had good air conditioning and windows which did open which was nice and a bonus as any hotel room always appear to be hot and stuffy.
The breakfast was very good with anything that a person could want to eat with helpful, polite staff, spacious, bright and inviting.
We did not have an evening meal so I can not comment on that.
The reception Staff, Check in and Check out was friendly and hassle free.
The overall price was the main gripe.
Yes, we expected to pay a premium for the location and proximity of the hotel but the overall standard of the above mentioned faired no better than a Premier inn.
So I therefore have to say that the price that I paid of £532 for two nights bed and breakfast was definitely not good value for money and I have to regretfully say that I could not or will not recommend the Holiday Inn, Regents Park to any member of my family, neighbour, friend or acquaintance.

W

Room Tip: I can not comment on this issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Miriam M, GMs Office at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Susan T,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on our hotel. We are pleased you were able to benefit from our central location and found our hotel clean and spacious. We are sorry you weren't as impressed with the bedroom amenities, there should have been a shower cap available in your executive bedroom so please accept our apologies for this.
Our prices are based on our central location, we are positioned just a few minutes away from Regents Park and about 7 minutes walk from Oxford street, we have many of London's great attractions near by. We are happy you found our hotel team friendly as customer care is our primary objective, we really do want all of our guests to feel welcome on arrival and feel satisfied on departure. It's disappointing, however, that you won't recommend us to your friends and family, we hope that you may change your mind and perhaps give us a chance to restore your faith into us.
Thanks again for your feedback, it is helpful.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Only chose this hotel because of the good deal we got but was very pleased both by the location and the hotel itself. I was concerned about the parking but did not need to worry as there was ample parking under the hotel itself. The proximity to Oxford Street for a Saturdays shopping was excellent. Could not fault the breakfast the next day, so much to choose from and prompt service. Will definitely be going back. Thank you for a great weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank caroline_n735762
Miriam M, GMs Office. at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear caroline_n735762

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted to hear that you had such a good stay with us, we are fortunate to be located very centrally and we often receive positive feedback regarding this. We have informed our chef 'Stewart' of your kind words on his breakfast, he was very pleased you enjoyed it.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.