“Holiday Inn Express-Wimbledon”

Ranked #415 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Holiday Inn Express-Wimbledon”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel is through typical London. Metro/subway station is Collier's Woods Wimbledon. Is across street is metro station. No mini-bar. Has free breakfast. Has bar. Good restaurants in neighborhood. Small grocery store near metro station. Parking available. Good room, but no mini bar, but has tea/coffee service. Like travel by bus from stop with one block from hotel. Change to bus 87 that takes through Vauxhall station to Westminister.

Room Tip: Get room in back, toward Collier's Woods Park.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Medellin1972

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed in this hotel on three occasions and have always found the rooms clean, tidy and adequate for two adults for a short stay. Breakfast is basic but free! The rooms at the back are quiet away from the busy main road at the front. Staff were polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor at the back
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 322jans
Swansea
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Booked three rooms on the IHG website at a combined cost of £243.00, when we checked in, my card was debited for £333.00. I didn't notice at check in, but pointed it out the following morning. While at reception I overheard another customer complaining about the service he had received.
They refunded my card with £51.00, again because I was in a rush I didn't do the maths. Only afterwards I noticed that I am still £39.00 out of pocket!!
Otherwise a typical Holiday Inn Express

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear LesterTheNightfly,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you had some issues with your reservation. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more information about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed in the hotel (over £100 per night), couldn't understand any of the staff and charged me £15 for the privilege of parking my car. Outrageous!
Room was standard but small.
Won't be using them again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ashley L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Ashley L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the value prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children 9 and 11 yrs old. We stayed in room 110. It was a bit cramped for us. The room was clean and linen changed daily. I'm not sure if the central heating worked. There was a room heater fixed to the wall which we used. Breakfast was nice. Travel to and from the hotel to central London and the major sites of attractions would take about 30 minutes. The tube station is bang opposite to the hotel. There is a huge Sainsburys nearby, a Costcutter grocery shop opposite and several middle eastern restaurants nearby. There is a park just behind the hotel. Free Wifi is available.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the roadside and police vehicles and ambulances go quite regularly.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DrKrishnan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear drKrishnan,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your clean room, complimentary breakfast. We apologize if some aspects of the hotel facilities prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly.

Despite the challenges you faced we are pleased to note that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect that is preferred by many of our guests.

Regards,

Brenda J.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'd like to pass on our compliments. We had planned to stay for two nights as I was taking part in the Moon Walk marathon and we (myself and my partner) wanted a base to come back to. The hotel was fantastic, I'd read the reviews on Trip Adviser and saw that it had good reviews so I was quite glad to see these were correct. The decor looked new and clean and the room was spacious and again, clean. The reception team were very helpful, it was great to be able to park under the hotel-although we felt this was a little expensive. However, the rooms were affordable, so we felt pleased with this. Trip Adviser described the surroundings as a tad rough, but it didn't feel that way. I felt safe. The pub next door was rather posh, there was a handy Cost Cutter for any missing essentials and we had a delicious Indian for dinner in a restaurant across the road which was lovely. The tube station was just across the road which was great, it took 11 minutes to get to Clapham Common (where the Moon Walk took place). The highlight of the trip was the Duty Manager 'Seyda Akbas' absolutely fantastic. This man was helpful, but also kind and engaging. We left the hotel feeling that we had a great experience and it was all due to this man, the way he dealt with us and the way he spoke to us. He went above and beyond and we feel he is just an asset to a great hotel. I'd stay there again and certainly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, our room was spacious but I think there was only one plug spare. You m...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J N
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a confirmed booking with Wimbledon South for the evening of April 29. It was in an attempt to beat the tube strike as I was due to speak at a conference the next day in Wimbledon and didn't fancy the anticipated gridlock. I had an email confirmation from Holiday Inn Express but when I arrived around 19.30, they'd sold my room and they didn't have any others. I was offered a room in their Croydon hotel but that missed the point. Seemed they had a queue of people wanting rooms because of the tube strike and gambled I'd be a 'no-show'. Needless to say I won't be bothering with Holiday Inn Express anymore. Short term profit over customer loyalty? You decide.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank DavidF F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear DavidF F,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service. It is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. I am very sorry about the problem you may have experienced with your reservation. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your experience.

I look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Lera P