Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South
Ranked #520 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Well appointed hotel and a great staff and value for money with the exception noted.
A major draw back are the rooms facing the main high street which are subject to traffic noise all night and difficult to get a solid night's sleep.
The manager was open to the complaint and dealt with the situation satisfactorily .
As an IHG rewards member I would stay at the hotel again providing I did not have a room at the front.
In my opinion the problem is fixable with proper window glazing and sound proofing.

Room Tip: Do not chose a room fronting on to the high street
1  Thank 48mal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear 48mal,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. On the other hand, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a week because of its location. Booked it through Hotel Map who offered the best deal for our stay. This Holiday Inn has very friendly, helpful staff and must be commended for this. Secure parking was important to us, this hotel has a secure underground car park with reasonable charges. The room is the standard normal room you would expect but I personally felt that the single beds were quite small and not the most comfortable but the room was very clean. We had a room at the back of the hotel as the busy main road is right at the front, however, deliveries arrive early and if you sleep with the window open you can clearly hear the reversing horn! Staff start at 5.30am which involves quite alot of noise moving trolleys out the back so I suggest keeping the window shut. Breakfast is ok, the usual help
yourself to everything and complimentary news papers just beside the lifts. There is also an ice machine and the reception staff were so helpful and happily supplied an ice bucket. Walk out the front door of the hotel and Colliers Wood tube station is a stones throw away - so handy. There are also several restaurants which are so close along with a Cost cutters general store and hole in the wall. All in all, I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room at the back of the hotel.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel has undergone a massive refurbishment recently, its better that before. Rooms are spotlessly clean and the common areas are functional and bright. What makes it for me is the secure underground car parking at £10 per day, its wonderful. I use this hotel to attend Wimbledon and it a £12 taxi ride from door to door, Wonderful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here last year, and it is little wonder that we returned. The staff are truly fantastic. They understand the word service and putting the customer first, something most other places have forgotten.
We can not thank them enough for making our week so happy and enjoyable. Parking was better this time than last, although it has gone up in price 50% to £15 per night. Breakfast was very good as usual. The lounge/breakfast area is lovely and the air con was great.
Our bedroom for three was a bit tight, but we managed well and once again the air con was fantastic as the weather was very hot all week.
The General Manager of this hotel should be proud of what they have created.
They all loved our little dog - as usual, and made a great fuss over her, which of course pleased us.
We will definately re visit this hotel. A final word must go to a member of the team, Siddi ( hope I've spelt it correctly) is amazing, his customer skills are truly remarkable. Our Daughter is Vegan and needs Soya milk and Soya spread, bless Siddi, he organised these without any fuss at all. He talks to his guests and quietly guides the team - fantastic and very well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel, away from the road.
1  Thank HappyTravellers222
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After reading some other reviews on here our expectations were not high. SatNav found the hotel easily by just the postcode and undercover parking was easy via a rear shutter door which they let you through via intercom. Friendly and informed staff and pleasant spacious bar/food area make a nice first impression.
We checked in 1/2hr before the 2pm check-in time with no problem and left our car for that night and the following day until 4pm for the £15 hotel parking fee.
Easy room access via lift and room very clean and comfortable with flat screen TV and hot drinks facility. WIFI entirely free included with basic room and a choice of hot of cold breakfast also free with decent coffee.
Although the current view from some room windows consists of a derelict building the nearby shops and restaurants are a plenty. An Indian restaurant is just opposite the lobby and so is the Tube. Room can have a little traffic noise at times.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would stay again but we think the price should be 15% lower for rooms of this standard and for the area that the hotel is situated.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor room for less traffic noise, check in early for easy parking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank md2h731
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First of all, they put me in a room over a pub with a patio of drunken people singing show tunes until midnight. Wifi was supposed to be free, but it only worked in the lobby. I tried to let the desk manager know about the problem, and he was adamant that this was a problem with my computer and not the hotel's internet. I also explained to him that I could log into the pay-as-you-go wifi, but not the hotel's free wifi. He them proceeded to explain to me that because he could use it on his cellular phone, there could not be the a problem with the hotel's internet. When I came to the lobby to attempt to show him, he barked at me again saying it was my laptop, then he proceeded to watch what I believe was a football game on the screen in front of him. The following morning, I asked my colleagues if they had the same issue, and indeed, they could only use the internet at the back corner of the lobby area. That evening when I saw the same manager, I informed him that other people had this issue, and only then did he call your internet provider to try to have the problem fixed.

The only good think about the place was it's location across from the tube and plenty of restaurants to visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Pinkness3
ExHiWimbledonSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay. It is disappointing to hear about your experience at our hotel.
I have discussed your comments with our internet provider and also my team.My sincere apologies for any dissatisfaction experienced during your stay.

I do hope we have the opportunity of restoring your faith with Holiday Inn Express Wimbledon South.

Kind Regards

Seyda Akbas

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

£144 for 3 of us in a family room as we were going to watch the wimbledon mens final. Hotel in fab position as close to underground & great bus routes. Dining options in hotel limited however, there is a fab Italian restaurant a few doors down. Would definitely consider hotel of visiting again. Only other downside is the poor mattress on the sofa bed. My 6 year old found it difficult to sleep.

Stayed: July 2014
ExHiWimbledonSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Wimbledon-South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments and pleased that you found the hotel to be a great place to stay and value for money. I have since shared your comments with my team in particular with housekeeping for the sofa bed.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards