“Easy access to underground train network”

Quality Hotel Hampstead
Ranked #617 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel was in a great location for easy access to underground train network and walking Hempstead Heath (a half hour walk to get there). Also good was on site car parking
On the days we were there London was having a heat wave so we found the rooms very hot with no air conditioning so with the window open it helped but was very noisy with the nearby busy roads and sirens. But we were happy to cope with this simply for the location, perhaps the rooms away from the main road may be better
Breakfast was good and the service at the front counter was not excellent but adequate
We enjoyed walking up to the local Hempstead Heath village for dinner
Would stay here again especially if we had a car

Room Tip: Quieter rooms away from street noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy897

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here whilst attending an exhibition at a nearby hotel. The hotel is undergoing a refurb at the moment and the room I was given was a refurbed one. The rooms are small but have everything you could need and are very comfortable.

Dee on reception was very helpful and helped me find the best way to get to the exhibition. I wouldn’t hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SparkyG
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed at This Hotel last week for the second time. The Staff are so nice, from Dee at reception to Laura the breakfast staff and housekeeping. Perfectly situated for anyone traveling to London as it is not in the heart of the hustle and bustle but has tube stations and buses on the doorstep.
The rooms are lovely and clean but maybe a tad small for 3 beds but if all you are doing is sleeping in the room it is not a big problem. Breakfast is buffet style which means you can go back for seconds of whatever you fancy. The bar is very spacious and a very friendly place to be as you could almost be relaxing in your own front room enjoying a drink. Wifi available throughout the hotel is another great thing. There were some renovations being done while we were there but it in no way hindered our stay. i look forward to returning again later in the year

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julietl010
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed one night visiting family in North London. So it was conveniently located and had parking- big plus for us, although the rear car park was a bit of a lottery, and betting out on Sunday morning meant others moving their cars fist. Good for public transport as well though.

The room was fine and clean, a bit small, but fine for one night. The mattress was v soft which didn't help, but that may be just a personal thing.

Breakfast was usual hot and cold buffet, and fine. The young staff were helpful and all spoke good English. one of the staff said that it was predominantly a hotel for midweek business people, that was used at weekends for lower budget travellers on reduced rates. This would fit in with our experience as we got the room from a late room site for just over £100- not bad value really, not bad valour really as it had parking breakfast and a good but quiet location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris J
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Front of house was poor and was almost shocked when ask to attend the bar . Hotel although was clean and room acceptable for a one night stay. Still prefer the Britannia at hampstead and will return there in future.le

1  Thank rusnik
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I agree with Kathryn S. and would like to add a couple of my own observations.

Firstly, there is a small car park at the back which does get busy but a very helpful gentleman offered me his space because he was leaving. (If you leave the car keys at reception Dee will move your car if it is in the way.)

Secondly, the room was brand new and the bed was very comfortable.

Thirdly, the hotel is closer to Finchley Road, which is scruffier than up-market Hampstead. However, this does leave you with the possibility of choosing which underground lines to use to get into central London. Also, there is loads to do in the Hampstead without having to get any transport at all. We spend two days looking around famous houses and walking on Hampstead Heath. Then in the evenings we took the underground to central London for the ballet (eye wateringly expensive, but brilliant) one night and the National Gallery (£4 donation and still brilliant) the following night. We ate in lunch in Hampstead and bought a quick bit in the evening in the Centre.

I only had one gripe and that was the breakfast ingredients were economy based e.g. plastic sliced loaf, tinned fruit. However, I found that the bacon and scrambled eggs to be tasty.

I would stay at this hotel again because of the refurbishment, car park, staff, price and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car park at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mandyKent
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Some of the reviews that have been posted since I left would have made me change my mind and I would have missed out on a lovely time with my sister. Is this hotel perfect? No. While we were there, April 6th-13th they were going through extensive renovations and were repainting and did have things laying in the hall (there was a random board on the last flight to the 4th floor for reasons I still do not know). We were never once bothered by the construction going on around us. Everything seemed to be done during the hours that people would be out sight seeing. They offered a free full English breakfast with our stay which was wonderful! I know my sister enjoyed our daily pot of English Breakfast tea and had free wifi, it was touch and go sometimes but overall, it worked very well. My only "complaint" would be that it IS quite far from the city center. Mostly just because of the trek to and from the station but I didn't feel unsafe walking to and from the hotel. If you are an American on your first trip abroad this hotel would seem small but this is London and even 4 star hotels (like The Washington Mayfair) have tiny rooms.Overall, the hotel was nice and affordable. Everyone was nice and greeted us when we came in. My sister and I loved talking especially to Dee who was extremely helpful when we checked in. It is so nice to have someone welcoming when you have flown overseas and are incredibly tired and traveling with a minor. He even held the lift door open for us and would greet us with a "Hello girls!" every time we left or came back to the hotel during his shift. Thanks for your kindness Dee! We will definitely keep Quality Hotel Hampsted in mind whenever we can journey across the pond again. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room facing away from the street. I followed this tip from another reviewer and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family