“Easy location for small **1/2 hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Hotel Hampstead

Quality Hotel Hampstead
Ranked #627 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Bangkok, Thailand
“Easy location for small **1/2 hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel is for those who are not particularly picky about the beauty! Unpretentious, not a new hotel located in the barn. Planes fly over your head around the clock, creating a buzz.
There is not in the shower frills type like toothbrushes or towels for the feet. Mattresses remember hundreds and maybe thousands of guests. Linens clean, change it almost every day.
Pretty good breakfast. You will be able to eat normally in the morning, until you get tired of the monotony menu but this is the English tradition.
There is small bar near reception.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
I recommend to get internal room to opposite site of Frognal road.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had to stay here with my daughter prior to an audition. Our usual hotel was fully booked. Although this place is more than I usually pay I was not in any way disappointed.
We arrived at 10.30pm and despite being very small, I found a parking space. Car keys are then kept in the safe at reception in case they need to move the cars. The bedroom was small but very clean and well maintained. In fact it almost looked brand new. Comfy beds were the perfect way to end the day. Breakfast in the morning was served in what again looked like a brand new restaurant. It was perfectly clean and the staff polite, well turned out and attentive. As we checked out Dimitri (I hope I've spelled that right) was charming, asking us why we were in London and wishing my daughter luck for her audition. He said to leave the car as long as we needed, that there was no problem.
I honestly could not fault the place. It was set back from the main street and as a consequence was beautifully quiet. Friendly, helpful staff; parking; clean facilities and good food. We will definitely stay there again. Special thanks to Dimitri though - he was lovely

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently spent four nights here, for the third year in a row. The helpfulness of the staff and comfort and cleanliness of the accommodation have not changed in the past year. I hope to be back next year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnDavidBarnett
Tonypandy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Paid £218 for 2 nights for me & the wife inc breakfast. Couldn't fault it. Clean comfy rooms. Not luxury by any stretch but then you wouldn't expect luxury for that price. Really friendly staff. We used it for a base for exploring Camden which is bout a 25 min walk (not sure how far on tube. We don't mind walking places :-) ) Would recommend this place if all you're after is a clean comfy base to explore London then this great. Tube station for Jubilee line only minutes down the road and a Domino's on the corner.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our 2nd visit at the same time of the year, February, and we found the hotel to be a good value compared to the downtown hotels. We used the Underground or bus to get to where we were going and both were very convenient. The bus stop is right around the corner from the hotel and the Underground is a quick 5 minute walk.

The cons of the hotel are the paper-thin walls and other guests who think they are at home and not considerate of others. Why do people feel the need to slam their doors? I just don't get it.

The room is average size and fine for 2 people. Twin beds that weren't too comfortable, but we've slept in worse. Bathroom is decent, but I don't understand why they don't use shower curtins in the UK. Our floor was full of water every morning. And, if you are used to using a wash cloth you should bring your own as they don't supply them.

The complimentary continental breakfast was a little better than usual, but the cut fruit was canned and not fresh. The bacon (more like ham to us americans) was very tasty but must have been full of salt because we were extremely thirsty all day long!

My major complaint was the breakfast ended way too early. I think it was 9 am or possibly 8:30. It should be at least 9:30 am.

Hotel is a 5 minute walk to a small mall that houses a grocery store and 5 great restaurants. We enjoyed them all. Directly around the corner from hotel is an awesome pizza place named Oregano. Nothing to look at, but awesome brick oven pizza that was still piping hot when brought back to our room. Very fresh and crispy.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to someone who is looking to save money and doesn't mind travelling on the Underground or bus to get to downtown London.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Stourbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Quality Hotel is a lovely Hotel just off the Finchley Road London and a few minutes walk from the tube of the same name; I can’t say it’s a walk to Hampstead… but I’m sure it good to trade of the area’s reputation.
The hotel has wonderful friendly staff, it’s clean the cost was reasonable at £139 which includes a wholesome breakfast and parking (worth £28), I will go again if the need arises.
Things I would change, the bed is a standard double width and the room was very warm.
I didn’t like the 4 am noisy guests!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter but the traffic noise isn't obtrusive