“Hotel of horrors. Try Clapham travelodge instead”

Travelodge London Battersea
Ranked #695 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Hotel of horrors. Try Clapham travelodge instead”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Obnoxious staff. No duvets. No power points. One towel between 3. Not enough cups.

I am a very frequent traveller, and resident of budget accommodation. I am pretty easy to please.If you are looking for a budget hotel I would avoid this one at all costs. I am currently staying with two family members in a family room in battersea travelodge. I have had/am having a nightmare stay, as did my family members when they have stayed previously, but regrettably thought they'd give it another try. So, the problems:

On check in we found, though we had booked a family room for 3, there were only two beds made up. No duvet/ pillows/sheets etc on the third bed. I use a walking stick, sometimes a wheelchair and had to go back and request these. It was very late by the time they were brought, all separate and dumped by the door in a bin bag.

There was only one towel between 3 of us, no floor towel, I think we were meant to share. I came across 4 other residents wanting more towels. I was advised they don't do floor towels. There were also no electricity points available, another thing I'm told they don't offer. So we had to unplug the heating or the television. We were also short on mugs.

I had such a terrible nights sleep on a very uncomfortable single bed that I had to book a b&b the following night. I brought this up with the male staff member on reception who seemed to find it amusing and when I asked him why he was smirking he asked me to leave.

This is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in.

Incidentally, I usually stay at the Clapham junction travelodge which is very close, and excellent

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lucy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Manchester
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed in a family room. This was excellent value for money. The room was very clean and there was nothing we were not happy with. I have stayed in other Travelodges in London paying far more and they were not as good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank mmeManchester
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were met on arrival by the most charming receptionist, who ensured we had perfect rooms for our needs. The rooms are clean, well decorated and warm; the beds comfortable. Battersea is a quieter area of London to be in, and yet just a quick journey in to the City Centre.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Japonica124
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Excellent service and very clean and tidy rooms with excellent room service. On the downside the WI Fi is shocking do not pay this extra but the hotel for a place to get your head down while seeing the sights of London. The car park was handy and cheap as a hotel guest.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Dawn P
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had a pleasant stay here 27th-30th Dec 2013 clean comfortable Hotel. But the night of the 28th was horrendous, woken up four times by rowdy youngsters messing about in the corridors, in the small hours awful lot of noise and up and down the corridor. Spoilt a nice weekend away.dumpster

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich
Reviewed 27 December 2013

wife and I stayed for two night over Christmas. The hotel in well situated, has cheap on site parking (£ 5.00 per 24 hours ) but is as basic as it gets. Staff were difficult to find, and absent on checkout, and we were warned in advance that due to holiday staff shortages there would be no room cleaning, just a bag of towels etc left on the floor outside the room. That said it suited our needs just fine, we needed somewhere to sleep while visiting daughters for Christmas. We would stay again at the same price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank colinpNorwich
aguilas
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Having read some of the bad reviews on this site, I was not expecting much! However my 2 night stay could not have been better the staff I encountered on reception Jose and San-nu (not sure about the spelling) we friendly and efficient the room was clean modern and simply furnished fantastic be and lots of pillows that were well stuffed The hotel was still undergoing its refurbishment but this was not a problem just the smell of fresh paint. Location is a bit far out from central London but only 20 or so minutes to Victoria on the no 44 bus that stops outside the hotel.
I would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo