“Pleasure trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #671 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Walsall
“Pleasure trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had a fantastic trip to the chelsea flower show and travelodge battersea was a brilliant base,very helpfully and friendly staff the room was very comfortable and clean, parking £5.00 for 24 hours was good value for london would defiantly use again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Malcolm P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Fareham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We were able to walk from Clapham station. Travelodge was well placed to visit the Chelsea Flower. We considered using one of the London bikes (a bike station adjacent to the hotel) to get from the hotel to the show but opted for the bus in the end. Probably wouldn't consider this Travelodge if I needed to get into the main tourist area of London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Ilminster, Somerset
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

What a pit of despond this place is. Allegedly refurbished recently, there is no aircon (and it's a sweltering day here in London), so to get a 'breeze', which is just a cocktail of traffic fumes from the major trunk road outside, with added noise, I had to have the windows open, even though they're restricted to opening to a few inches. Perhaps the window restriction is to prevent me jumping to my death by suicide after finding all the other delights in my room.

There was a power cut about 30 minutes after I arrived - happily it didn't affect my aircon, but the wifi routers went down, so thank you 3G for keeping me in touch with the world.

I went to the bathroom, and, being on the first floor and very overlooked, I closed the door. Golly, that was a mistake. The door jammed and to get out I had to wrench it open, cutting my hand in the process. The toilet leaked. The water stopped flowing - as in, absolutely nothing (zip, nada, zilch) came out of the taps. I packed my bag planning on complaining at reception, only to find many other guests in a huge queue, as the whole hotel was without water. One member of staff disappeared and the other was on the phone trying to find out what the problem was, so I retired to my leaky toilet, no water room because standing for another half hour in reception hoping someone would speak to me or fix my problems was just too depressing.

Would I stay here again? Not even if the alternative were a night in London's main sewer. Does it have any redeeming features? Nothing that would make me want to give it the meagre one star that I'm forced to bestow upon this shambolic pit.

Room Tip: Go to a Premier Inn.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sarah_T19
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We used this hotel when my wife did the Moonwalk in May 2014. We booked on-line which nice and easy, and arranged for an early book-in at the hotel. We came up by train from Devon, and it was a short walk from Clapham junction to the hotel. The check-in was easy, and the room was clean and welcoming.
We had a very pleasant lunch in the Anchor pub opposite - good food and service.
The lady on hotel reception was very helpful and organised a couple of taxis for us during our stay, which was useful.
Whilst the 2 ladies strode round London, the' 2 support team' ate at the Bella Mia, just down the road from the hotel and had 2 huge, tasty pizzas and a good bottle of Montepulciano. Good value for money,and pleasant service
Obviously, I was the only one using the bed that night and it was clean, comfortable and warm.
We used wifi during the afternoon and Twitter reception was fine - when it got a bit more technical and we wanted to use the Wifi for radio reception and a broadcast of our team's rugby match, it was too much for the system - I understand that radio can ask too much of a hotel Wifi system!
Would use this hotel again.

Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here as we thought it would be handy for our trip to do the London moonwalk. Overall we were very happy, it is one of the better travel lodges i have stayed in. The room was clean, with well stocked tea and coffee etc. It was great to be able to have a really hot shower too!! Great for getting into London with the number 44 bus stopping outside HOMEBASE store next door!!

Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My daughter took part in the London Moonwalk, used Travelodge because of the 24 hour facilities and they were excellent. As their were many of us coming and going throughout the night the staff were extremely helpful and considerate nothing was too much trouble, would use Travelodge on any future trips to London

Sri Lanka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very close to river walk & Wandsworth bridge, not to mention Wandsworth & Battersea making it a convenient place to stay if needing to get anywhere close or Fulham across the water as I did. C3 bus from/to earls court, clapham junction runs right outside otherwise public transport very sparse in this part of London. Car parking only £5 which is quite good. Room normal travelodge standard. No bar or breakfast at this one.

• Stayed May 2014