“Hot, hot, hot!”

Travelodge London Battersea
Ranked #681 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from 2 nights in London - the purpose of the trip was to do the London to Brighton bike ride so we picked this hotel for its proximity to Clapham Common which was our start and finish point. It seemed every second person checking in was doing the ride and had a bike too. The hotel were fine allowing bikes in rooms.

The hotel itself was fine. It's apparently been given a 'fresh new look' but I'm not sure that extends to much more than an extensive lick of paint! The room I had (403) was large and was a family room as it had a king bed, a single bed and another pull out single bed under the double bed.

Room was clean, check-in efficient, hotel is basic but you get what you pay for (which was about £90 for 2 nights for me).

Now for the bad bit, it wasn't that hot outside (only about 20 degrees) but I found the room extremely warm. The windows only open about 2 or 3 inches and during the night I had to have the windows closed owing to the traffic noise so there was no way to cool the room. There is no a/c. It looked like reception provided fans but again that generates too much noise to sleep with. The bed linen was too thick too as it was a quilt. A sheet would have been sufficient so maybe something the hotel should look at providing during summer months?

As far as dining out locally was concerned, there is a pub in the side road directly opposite the hotel called the Anchor. Seemed friendly enough and we went there a couple of times. If you venture further afield then take a left out the hotel and walk 10-15 mins along the main road and you'll hit Battersea High Street. We went to a very good Italian called L'Antipasto which I would recommend.

Overall a sound hotel which served a purpose and I would return to this hotel again no problem at all.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank andy_k_77_2014

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel to visit friends in London. Room was okish. Only 3 sockets one for tv one for fan one for kettle where to plug in phone ok it was cheep. When we arrived in the room it was verry hot no air con we asked for a fan put it in the room. Came back after a fantastic night up town. The room was boiling far to hot put on the fan made no differance to the room at all. Even with the windows open and the traffic noise all night made no differance. Just too hot even the cold water was warm. Could not cool down at all. We were at the front of the hotel and the traffic noise was terable as the windows were open all night and it was still just too hot. Would not recomend this hotel unless they get air con in the rooms. Worst night away ever.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my other half. On arrival a rad sceptical as looks rather drab. Welcoming reception and quick easy checkin. Our room was 419- very top floor, at the very end. I wouldn't recommend this room in the summer as it's far far too hot and being situated along from the linen boiler rooms it's extremely hot. Thank fully the reception staff provided us with fans to cool the room as no air con/fan in room nor a window that opens more than an inch.
The bed had been made upside down, and was not the most comfortable of beds.
The location of the hotel was ok for us, we were travelling to the museums so £5 for 24 hours parking suited us fine, Clapham Junction station is less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel and you can get to the museums in about 20 mins (Clapham Junc. - West Brompton then change to district line to South Kensington)
The breakfast boxes were nice too.
All in all a good stay, no problems to raise.
(Apart from not having a hairdryer, good job I packed mine!!)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A very pleasant stay for a couple of nights. Try to get a room at the back where it's quieter. Friends asked to move room because of traffic noise at front. Friendly staff. Convenient and cheap carpark - only £5 for 24 hours

Room Tip: get a room at the back
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am a wheelchair user and chose this hotel because it was listed as wheelchair accessible.

I arrived by bus at 11 pm to find there were 2 large circular steps into the entrance with no way of contacting reception, apparently there was a bell at the entrance, but up the 2 steps.

I was lucky that a couple of gents arrived and helped me up the steps. The night manager coincidently came outside briefly for a breath of fresh air. I was told the disabled access was at the side of the building through a fire door.

The night manager, who was very helpful said he had mentioned about there being no ramped access to the front door to the company, but with no action taken.

I would not advise any solo wheelchair traveller to use this Travel Lodge until the access is remedied, as they may be stuck out in the street like myself late at night with no idea of how to gain entry.

Room Tip: I had a bah in my room, but it would be much better if there was a wheel in shower, as access into t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good sized, clean and modern room. Excellent value for a London hotel. Brilliant parking which is very economically priced at £5 for 24 hours. Great position for public transport, we used it for Earls Court, and bus stopped right outside it. Italian restaurant, Bella Mia, nearby has good, reasonably priced food. Only downside was having a roadside room, which has a lot of traffic noise. This meant we couldn't have the window open at night, and it got uncomfortably hot. If possible, request a back room. Would definitely use this Travelodge again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My teenage daughter & I stayed for 5 nights. Room large & clean. Basic but adequate (tea & coffee & TV, no hair-dryer or fridge of course). Staff helpful & polite. Our 4th floor room was really pretty quiet. If you book online saver ahead of time, ensure it goes through & get email confirmation - mine didn't & I had to re-book a week before & pay an extra £100 which was very annoying. Location of hotel felt a bit 'out of the way', but by the end of our stay, we'd really worked out the buses - if you can do this, it doesn't feel that remote. Otherwise, it's a lovely walk along the river (20-25 mins), to Battersea Bridge, then take the bus (19, 319) to Sloane Square. Would recommend this as a clean, quiet, well-run budget hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business