“Service Excellence!”

Ranked #89 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Keller, Texas
“Service Excellence!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The entire staff at The St. Jame's Hotel and Club were exceptional! We are Small Luxury Hotel members and were treated with VIP service from beginning to end. They accommodated our every request, anticipated our needs, exceeded our expectations and made the experience complete with luxury accommodations. The service is what makes the difference and the St. James Team delivers with service excellence! In addition the location is perfect! There is a secret passage that you can take to go through Green Park to Buckingham Palace and much more within walking distance! The Bistro has the best breakfast buffet and cappuccino, room service is gourmet and afternoon tea in the back lounge is private and feels exclusive. We will be back!

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you want and they will provide it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stacie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
new orleans
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Just spent a wonderful 6 days in London, including New Year's Eve and day. Staying at the St. James was key to our enjoying the stay. We have stayed at several hotels in the past in the Mayfair and Knightsbridge areas, and we will now be sure our return is to the St. James. This is a wonderful boutique hotel tucked into a small street a few blocks off Piccadilly. It is ideally located with easy access to wherever you want to go. The Concierges took care of all our needs before and during our stay. The Doormen are professional and very helpful. The restaurant has a Star. The rooms are small (we had a junior suite and a superior room) but are well appointed and comfortable. We definitely rate this our best stay.

D

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank wwpnola
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A rare treat to stay in a true gem, there can be no adverse comments. Amazing room, with tasteful
Decor through the building, Great location, quiet yet a stones throw from the action. I would love to return to this wonderful hotel, perhaps staying a little longer next time!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AndyR17
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

A truly wonderful experience. For my birthday I booked here for a ladies afternoon tea without having visited the hotel. It was wonderful. The venue was prefect quiet ,attentive staff , lovely food and I celebrated a milestone birthday in style. Way above the other more traditional afternoon tea venues the staff made us all feel very special and we were left to enjoy a long and leisurely tea. Thank you to everyone who made my "big day" very memorable.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adventureseekers50
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed at St. James's Hotel and Club for three nights in August 2013 and it was a very pleasant experience. The room (superior) was small but very cosy and with a fantastic bed. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. It's very central and a great starting point for exploring London. At the same time it is in a quite side street so there's not much traffic.

The service was really good - very professional but warm. Breakfast was OK but not amazing. We also had afternoon tea at the hotel, which was good although rather plain.

We had a great stay and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LouCF
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in really great location, ideal for anywhere in central London. Staff were fantastic especially the doorman. Lovely rooms with very comfortable beds. Only gripe was breakfast, crowded restaurant and very poor value food.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eversinhk
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights in November 2013. This is a fantastic boutique hotel nestled in a quiet side street (Park Place) near St. James Palace, the Ritz Hotel, Pall Mall, etc. It's about a three or four block walk to Green Park tube station, so it is very conveniently located. The bellmen kindly permitted me to borrow a hotel umbrella on two days (which I never needed much).

Room: This was like staying in a fine home away from home. My room was extremely comfortable and quiet (even though I was on the main level). My en suite bath had both tub and shower and very nice amenities.

Food: I had three meals at the hotel, which were all very nice, and the staff were very professional and accommodating (and friendly!). The breakfast buffet has an excellent selection. I found drinks after dinner to be very pleasant, too.

Value: This is not cheap (after all, you are staying in a very posh section of London), but I found the experience to be a great value in light of the service, facilities, and comfort provided.

I was working in the City. I frequently stay in a serviced apartment in the City, because it is closer to Lloyd's and my clients, but I decided to stay elsewhere this time (in part to scope out a nice place to bring my wife when she joins me next time). I found this location to be excellent for movement about London. I was here solo on a business trip this time, but I will definitely be back with my wife next time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business