1,277 results
All reviewsbank tube stationroyal exchangethreadneedle streetbanking hallthe marco pierre white restaurantfinancial districtsquare milerose petalsupgraded to a suiteglass of proseccowest endlovely hotelboutique hotelpaul's cathedralhuge bathroomseparate showernespresso machine
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have reviewed Threadneedles before.

Any hotel that can deliver great service stay after stay is a rare commodity.

The Shackleton Suite is great if you can swing it.

Bonds is the best breakfast in the Square Mile still.

Keep it up team!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank HughK1
Threadneedles, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

We were delighted to have you stay again. So glad that you enjoyed The Shackleton Suite as well as your breakfast in Bonds! We very much look forward to your next visit. Please contact me at that time so that I can oversee your stay. Thank you for reviewing your experience.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before so I thought that I would have just as good a service this time.
I work in London and stay here from time to time as it takes too long to travel home late at night.
For this stay I booked the room through Hotels.com staying from Friday night to Sunday morning. As it was over the weekend my wife came to stay too although I had to work all of Friday night.
The check in was good and as requested they selected a room in the part of the hotel that was quiet as I needed to sleep the next day.
Unfortunately on the Friday night/Saturday morning they had problems with their TV systems. We had a note slipped through the door to advise they were working on it. This was not a problem but the TV problem lasted all weekend and I thibnk they should have raised the awareness of this issue and made some kind of apology at any opportunity they found. This is after all a 5 star hotel and should excell with its service and interface with its customers.
What really frustrated me was a request I made for an extended check out. I called to reception as asked if I could have a couple of extra hours before I checked out the following day. The answer was an immediate no, we are busy tomorrow. I reminded the lady that she did not even know which room I was in and it may not even be allocated for someone else. I was asked to come back and they would check. I had to have this conversation with the desk 3 times and did manage to get 1 extra hour. My wife sat in the main reception on the day of our check out waiting for me to return from work expecting to see swathes of visitors all waiting to check in but alas there was not. Not even a bit of a flurry.
I am not impressed with the service and for me that is what sets hotels a part from their competitors. I do happen to be staying London for the next 2 nights but not at threadneedles.
I have scored the hotel as average because it was not all bad and the rooms were well appointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamesthefirst

We are truly sorry that we let you down this time round. I have been in touch with you separately and we hope that you will return soon. We did have TV and internet issues during your stay and although we were doing the best we could to restore service to the building, we should have been in constant touch with you, updating you of the situation. We sincerely apologise for the poor service you experienced and assure you that we have taken necessary action to ensure this is never repeated.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Having seen this hotel on a recent documentary we decided to give it a go for a weekend break. We were not disappointed. Our 2012 deal gave us a beautiful suite and a glass of champagne. Just a short walk from the tube and we thought easy to find. The room was lovely- 3TV's (and only 2 of us) a seperate shower and bath. Lovely warm towels, great toiletries. A 6 foot bed. We had a lovely dinner on the Friday in the restaurant (Bonds) and bar meals on the Saturday (the restaurant is closed over the weekend). The cocktails are many and varied. This area of London shuts down at weekends so its beautifully quiet. Shops, bars, restaurants are only a short bus/tube ride away. We walked to the Guildhall to see the Roman amphitheatre and the art gallery, to St Paul's (and a nice lunch) followed by the excellent Museum of London. All walkable. And for us the magic continued with snow. Breakfast (included on our deal) was very good. If you are on a deal you have a choice of continental or cooked. I was slightly disappointed that i couldn't have my usual cereal followed by poached egg- but never mind. All in all an excellent weekend destination. I do think that during the week this would be a very busy place so perhaps not such good value.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but if you can go for a weekend deal then this will give you a larger room for a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Millarmaid

We are delighted that you chose us and that you enjoyed our Celebrate 2012 offer. Thank you for your kind review. We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience more of our cocktails. We look forward to that time and please contact me directly on your next visit, so that I can oversee your stay.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Booked through last minute.com as a secret hotel and so did not know where we would be staying untill 30 mins from paying the full amount.

Took us an hour to find the hotel! We used google maps on my iphone which took us the correct way but the hotel has no flags outside or anything advertising the name, also the number was 5 and the rest of the street had higher numbers so very confusing.

If you book this hotel take advice if your struggling to find it and call them someone will come meet you!

Very impressed when we arrived they were more than helpful, dissapointed to hear that the bar and restaurant was closed due to improvements as we had not been advised of this. Lifts had to be used by room card by security which we thought was very good idea.

Rooms are fabulous! big comfy bed, tv in the bathroom! also good idea was an umbrella in the wardrobe for you to use.

Only downside to stayin this area on a weekend is that everything is closed, only open Mon till Fri. This did not bother us as we just jumped on the tube to another station but it may put some people off.

Very fast checkout and they offered to keep out suitcase till later so we could make the most of the day before returning home.

Overall very impressed with the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelly h

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. So sorry that the bar was closed during your stay and that we only had our Honesty Bar available. We did notify all our 3rd party agents of the works as we do not always have direct contact details of our customers until they arrive. This info may have been lost owing to the time frame your booking was made on the agents site. Thank you very much for reviewing your experience and we are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to your next visit. Please do contact me personally at that time so that I can oversee your stay.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Booked Threadneedles Hotel via Lastminute .com's secret hotels. I had a good idea that this was the hotel and was happy to try it. It was excellent. The service was impeccable, friendly and willing, nothing was too much trouble despite the fact we were there 'on the cheap'.
The beds are fabulous and the whole place reaked of old world class with modern touches that are not out of place. The review by Tom - Ireland is staggering! He perhaps has no experience of 5* hotels (by the way Tom, the air con had 1 dial for low, medium and high fan speed, plus another dial for temperature!) and what to expect from them. If I could get the same price deal again I would always stay here. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LincolnHairyBear

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are delighted that you stayed with us and had a good time. We look forward to your next visit. Please contact me at that time so that I can personally oversee your stay.