US$287
  • Pool
US$336
US$157
  • Fitness centre
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$183
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$136
  • Room Service
US$227
US$190
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$262
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$115
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$491
US$381
Orbitz.com
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$219
Priceline
  • Room Service
1,262 results
All reviewsbank tube stationroyal exchangethreadneedle streetthe marco pierre white restaurantbanking hallfinancial districtsquare milerose petalsupgraded to a suiteglass of proseccobeautiful hotelwest endboutique hotelseparate showerpaul's cathedralnespresso machinehuge bathroom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I booked this hotel direct through the Threadneedles website, as it was a good deal for the weekend and included a Studio Suite room. I had high expectations for the room, given it was a studio room, and having looked at the photos on the website of the studio they were advertising, it looked very nice and spacious.

Arriving at the hotel, the service was impeccable. The public areas of the hotel are beautiful, and the staff are friendly and attentive. The room however, was a little disappointing.

Although the room was lovely and was very clean, there were just a few things that I felt let it down, and made it not quite 5 star luxury it was billed as.

I actually had to ask if we had been put in a studio room, as I thought it was a little smaller than expected. There was far too much furniture in the room, and you had to be careful not to bump into the table or the chair when walking through the room. The furniture itself was on the verge of needing replaced, being quite chipped and worn, where people had obviously walked into it! The room lamps didn't match at either side of the bed, and the pictures on the wall next to the bed were hung so low that the huge bedside lamp completely obstructed them. It just looked a bit thrown together and lacking in attention to detail.

Although the bedding seemed to be changed everyday, on 2 of the days the duvet cover had rips in it, which just looked shabby. The blanket covering the bed also had a stain on it, but as I never used it I couldn't be bothered asking for a new one.

The room temperature was also a problem. It was not warm! Although we had the air con turned up full heat and the blower turned down, the room remained cool the whole time we were there. I asked reception if it could be adjusted, they looked into it and said they had 'fixed' it, but they obviously hadn't, as there was no change in the room temp.

Breakfast was very nice, and the cooked breakfast was very good. No buffet, just 2 choices if you book the deal on the website - a cooked breakfast with toast OR pastries, or a continental, which came with both toast AND pastries. I thought this was a rather odd way to do things, making the guest having the cooked breakfast choose whether they wanted toast or pastries. In all the hotels I've stayed in, toast is standard! Just seemed a bit mean to me! But that was a small niggle, overall, the food was lovely and a nice dining experience.

We were meant to have a glass of champagne on arrival, but this was missed by the staff checking us in. When we were checking out, we were asked if we had enjoyed our champagne, to which we replied we didn't get our champagne. The staff member was very apologetic and the manager has since offered us a bottle of champagne on our next stay though.

While we were there, the communication lines were unfortunately cut by the construction work in the building next to the hotel. We had no phones, TV or internet for 2 days. Although the management did apologise, and it obviously wasn't anything the hotel could fix, it would have been nice to have been offered something to make up for this. A complimentary drink in the bar for example. But nothing was offered. Although it was a small inconvenience for us as we were on holiday and out sightseeing during the day, it would have been very inconvenient for anyone on a business trip, for example.

In summary, the room was very clean, good service and food, and a beautiful hotel. But there were just too many little things that made this hotel feel not quite up to the 5 stars it has. I would say, it was more like a 4 star.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zorrofishy
Threadneedles, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thank you very much for choosing Threadneedles and taking time to review your stay. All our guest feedback is very important to us and so thank you for your time. We have been in touch with you separately and we hope that we can welcome you back so we can make amends for all the things which went wrong. We sincerely apologise for the lack of attention to detail you experienced when staying with us. Everything you mention is valid and should not have happened. Please do contact me directly when you would like to return as I would personally like to oversee your stay.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

From the Fedora-clad doorman to the stunning dome, I immediately felt I was going to like Threadneedles.

I was assigned a large room down a side corridor with only one room opposite (I’d requested a quiet one), with a very comfortable bed (only one demonic scatter cushion), proper usable desk, lots of power points including a European one, and a big armchair with footstool. The room itself was quiet and I didn’t hear much apart from occasional distant door slamming, and the person in the room opposite (more below…). There was a massive bathroom - one of the nicest I’ve seen in hotels, with a separate rainhead shower to the bath (which also had a handheld shower) and generous amounts of gorgeous Korres toiletries. Some additional nice touches: magazines in the bathroom (Instyle, FHM, not boring tourist ones), a choice of free still or sparkling water for the night, curtains properly shut during turndown so that no light peeped through, and some small suggestions around the room of room service offers and treats, which were subtly done.

Two irritants that can be addressed:
1) The bathroom has large opaque windows with no blinds and an opaque glass door. As a result, light streams through from very early in the morning. Easily solved by blind on the door. I gather they’re doing a soft refurb, so hopefully they’ll address this.
2) A nutty person in the room opposite having a screaming one-sided row until about 1am. It wasn’t as loud once I was round the corner in bed, but still irritatingly and definitely audible. Not the hotel’s fault, but I’d so love a door/double door to the room that blocks out corridor noise… Having said that, if there’d been someone vaguely considerate opposite, then it would’ve been more than ok.

I’ve stayed in quite a few hotels in London, and this was also close as it’s got to being spot on for me. I think I may have found a home from home…

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Member100
Threadneedles, Assistant General Manager at Threadneedles, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Threadneedles. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the little touches in your room.
Thank you for your feedback, which is important to us. We are in the process of exploring ways to keep out the light from the bathroom window which is in the room you stayed in.
We very much look forward to your return. Please do contact me at that time so that I can personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed here on the 10th February 2012. I booked into an Executive Room and ordered a romantic package as it was my husband's birthday. The package was lovely - champagne, chocolates, bubble bath and rose petals. We ordered room service, very nice and very efficient. Room was a good size and ensuite had a bath and shower. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Staff were very friendly and attentive and breakfast was fantastic! The only complaint I have would a bit of honesty when booking. There is currently a lot of building work going on adjacent to the hotel hence our view was nothing but scaffolding which was obviously why our curtains were drawn when we arrived despite it being about 3.30 in the afternoon! We were awoke at 8am on Saturday morning to drilling and banging from the workman. It would have been nice if we'd have been told when booking that this work was going on. When reported in the morning they took my number and said a Manager would be in touch - nothing yet.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CheshireFieldings28

Thank you for booking the romance package to celebrate your special occassion. We are delighted that you enjoyed the experience.
As a standard, we do draw the curtains on arrival for our Romance package. However we would like to sincerely apologise for the noise disruption caused so early in the morning.
We had come to an agreement with the contract company over the road and no works are supposed to commence before 09:00am on a Saturday morning. Since your visit, we have flagged this up with them. I know that our Front Office manager was in touch with you on Monday and we hope that you will return. Please do contact me on your next visit so that I can personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have reviewed Threadneedles before.

Any hotel that can deliver great service stay after stay is a rare commodity.

The Shackleton Suite is great if you can swing it.

Bonds is the best breakfast in the Square Mile still.

Keep it up team!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank HughK1

We were delighted to have you stay again. So glad that you enjoyed The Shackleton Suite as well as your breakfast in Bonds! We very much look forward to your next visit. Please contact me at that time so that I can oversee your stay. Thank you for reviewing your experience.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before so I thought that I would have just as good a service this time.
I work in London and stay here from time to time as it takes too long to travel home late at night.
For this stay I booked the room through Hotels.com staying from Friday night to Sunday morning. As it was over the weekend my wife came to stay too although I had to work all of Friday night.
The check in was good and as requested they selected a room in the part of the hotel that was quiet as I needed to sleep the next day.
Unfortunately on the Friday night/Saturday morning they had problems with their TV systems. We had a note slipped through the door to advise they were working on it. This was not a problem but the TV problem lasted all weekend and I thibnk they should have raised the awareness of this issue and made some kind of apology at any opportunity they found. This is after all a 5 star hotel and should excell with its service and interface with its customers.
What really frustrated me was a request I made for an extended check out. I called to reception as asked if I could have a couple of extra hours before I checked out the following day. The answer was an immediate no, we are busy tomorrow. I reminded the lady that she did not even know which room I was in and it may not even be allocated for someone else. I was asked to come back and they would check. I had to have this conversation with the desk 3 times and did manage to get 1 extra hour. My wife sat in the main reception on the day of our check out waiting for me to return from work expecting to see swathes of visitors all waiting to check in but alas there was not. Not even a bit of a flurry.
I am not impressed with the service and for me that is what sets hotels a part from their competitors. I do happen to be staying London for the next 2 nights but not at threadneedles.
I have scored the hotel as average because it was not all bad and the rooms were well appointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamesthefirst

We are truly sorry that we let you down this time round. I have been in touch with you separately and we hope that you will return soon. We did have TV and internet issues during your stay and although we were doing the best we could to restore service to the building, we should have been in constant touch with you, updating you of the situation. We sincerely apologise for the poor service you experienced and assure you that we have taken necessary action to ensure this is never repeated.