Grange City Hotel
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$204
3,078 results
All reviewstower bridgefenchurch street stationisis bararomatherapy roomspa facilitiesupgraded to an executivehealth clubcomplimentary upgradecontinental breakfastlovely hotelbooked this hotelmini barfull englishhotel barlovely roomstayed for one nightweekend break
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The check in process is so slow. We waited ages to book in and the room wasn't ready. We then waited another 15 -20 mins just to hand our luggage over. We came back late in the afternoon and found they hadn't taken our bag to the room as they said they would.
Overall the hotel is good, comfortable and clean. Some areas of the bathroom could do with attention, as the fittings are chrome and tarnished in places. There were also some marks on the tiles around the bath area and under the sink. There was also some kind of stain on the underside of the tap. The wine glasses were coated in dust, and the mini fridge had pressure sensors, so anything you moved in the fridge, even if you put it back was charged directly to your bill. Meaning you cant use it to store your own items. There are ice machines on some floors which are very handy for drinks. The air con unit was effective in controlling the room temperature. The hotel is ideally located for visits to Tower Bridge, Tower of London and right next to the tube. Plenty of bars and restaurants all within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. Overall good experience although breakfast as others have noted was poor. The hotel also is a little too far away from the main tourist areas which means a very long walk or long tube journeys. However the bedroom which had a great view of the tower of London was quiet at night.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I stayed here for one night whilst attending an event across town. The Grange is in a great location near Tower Bridge and right next to Tower Hill Tube Station and Fenchurch St Station. In spite of the proximity to the railways, there was no disturbance from the trains.

On arrival there was a cock-up with the booking (not the hotel's fault) and I was getting a little hot under the collar. The receptionist didnt handle it brilliantly and there were occasions where she was rolling her eyes a bit but I guess I was being a bit of a prat. Check by the way is a little choatic as the reception desk is basically an island in the lobby with no natural queing system. As a consequence I fell out with a fellow guest who pushed in front of me!

The room I was allocated was 625. Smallish but fine for one night and had trouser press, iron and plenty of storage. The side of the buildign I was on is right next to a railway line but as I've said, I heard no noise from the trains and the black-out blind worked effectively. The bed was comfy and king sized.

The bath was a little dated I felt and I was a little scared of climbing out of the bath (quite a deep bath and no grab handle) but nothing too serious. I didnt eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food. I had a toblerone from the minibar however and was pleasently surprised to see that it was only £2 which is cheap by any minibar standards let alone London's!

In summary, a nice hotel, good location but I would say it's nearer to a 4 than 5 star but then again I don't run the rating schemes!

I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I would not range it 5 stars.
The bathroom seemed old, the breakfast was not worth the money at all.
And I ended up having me jacket stolen from my hotel room.

So my experience is negative and I won't return there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cher020
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Stayed here on the weekend of 20th May 2011 for two nights. The hotel itself is very handy to Tower Hill tube and being in the City of London it is in a quiet enough area. Staff were courteous, polite and professional. Room was fantastic, but the Swimming pool/Spa facilities were absolutely second to none! Could not find fault with this fantastic hotel. Will hopefully be staying again. Totally recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple