3,249 results
All reviews tower bridge fenchurch street station isis bar aromatherapy room spa facilities upgraded to an executive health club complimentary upgrade continental breakfast lovely hotel mini bar booked this hotel full english lovely room weekend break stayed for one night tea and coffee
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Booked this through lastminute.com mystery hotel and was not disappointed . The hotel is so convenient for the underground, Tower Hill next door and you wouldn't even know it. The Health Suite was perfect too. We only used the 25m swimming pool but the gym looked well equipped and if I had taken my gym gear I would of been in there!!! The breakfast was very expensive at £23 per person so we gave it a miss but all in all a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location for the City. Room was lovely, comfy beds. Found it odd that there was only one glass even though it was a double room and only enough tea/coffee for one drink. Breakfast was amazing. Would stay here again. Alot of business travellers stay here during the week and was noticeable for a Sunday night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 night for our wedding anniversary. The hotel kindly gave a room with a lovely view of The Tower Of London. The rooms are very spacious. Nice and modern. Nice selection of complimentary toiletries. We booked through hotel exclusives at £100 per night which was a great deal. The hotel wanted £26 each for breakfast which we thought was a joke. So we ate at The Kitchen round the corner which was very nice and reasonable. The hotel is only 1 min walk from Tower Hill tube station. Would stay again without a doubt. Only thing that could be proved on is quicker check in.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank kellyheer
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The location is awesome, right next to the Tower Bridge. Check-in is fast and efficient and the room I was in looked beautiful. I was told I got an executive upgrade, why I really do not know.

Someone should tell the Grange that executives like to actually have a desk they can put a laptop on! The room was huge but the only desk was taken up by the flatscreen TV. I ended up working with the laptop on my knees (even though I'm not an executive!), sitting on one of the smaller chairs with the small desk wasted. Hang the TV on the huge empty wall, maybe? No points on that one!

View from the window: A concrete wall and not much else, little daylight in a small corner between two blocks. Again no score.

Breakfast? Included in the room rate and sufficient, slightly above average. I've said it many times: if you want to serve lukewarm brown water (3 days in a row so no fluke incident), do NOT bother to call it coffee! Put one of those self-serve machines out there and allow people to make a choice. Luckily, the waitress was kind enough to bring me a decent double espresso.

Room service? An uninspiring hamburger with fries that seemed like it had been picked up at the nearest McDonalds - on the menu it was advertised as "fine angus beef burger". Sad to watch, even more sad to eat.

By the way, a lobby with cozy seating is absolutely useless when sliding doors on two sides let the gusting freezing November wind in. Paying a deposit for a plug adapter is also not very friendly - either ensure you have at least one euro-outlet in the guestrooms or have these things ready as a giveaway if need be. 20 GBP deposit for a 3 pound outlet adapter is a bit outrageous and does not show dedication to service but dedication to the hotel's own wallet.

All in all, this hotel has the looks but fails to deliver.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John_Michael_Bing
PatrickM_GH, Public Relations Manager at Grange City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Newmikey,

Thank you for leaving your valuable and comprehensive feedback with us following your recent visit. We were pleased to hear your positive comments regarding our location along with our fast and efficient check in, which we have shared with the Front of House team, but were sorry to hear that we did not fully meet with your expectations and we would value the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

We have sent you a private message and would be pleased to discuss your feedback with you directly.

Kind regards

PatrickM

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I visited the Grange City hotel In November, it was cold and damp and we needed some warmth which is exactly what we got here.

The hotel is in a good location for a non city centre hotel, about 1 minutes walk from the Tower Hill tube station in a small road. The outside of the hotel is modern, clean and nicely understated. We arrived at 11am hoping to just leave our bags before our extended shopping day but to our pleasant surprise they had a room already for us.

The standard double room is of the size you would expect for a London hotel with a king size bed, desk, closet, large screen TV, BOSE music system, sofa, chair and a compact bathroom with both bath and shower. It was clean and tidy and we were lucky enough to get an outside facing room with views of The Tower of London, The Shard and the Gherkin.

We didn't eat in the restaurant apart from breakfast which was the buffet style and certainly good enough.

The hotel also has a Roman style spa on the LG floor which is very pleasant. It has a pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and aromatherapy room. All very tidy although some knocks and marks but nothing that detracts from the experience. We used the spa and had a thoroughly relaxing time. I, like some other reviews did not find the pool too cold, just right.

All of the staff I cam across from the receptionist to the door man and breakfast staff were polite, helpful and friendly.

All in all a hotel I would definitely recommend and return to.

Room Tip: High floor and outside room. 1003 is a good one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple