“Wrong Choice”
Review of Grange City Hotel

Grange City Hotel
Ranked #352 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Decided to spend week-end in London and selected this hotel, sometime used by some of my colleagues for business trips. It was a terrible choice. The Lady at the reception she made a mistake and gave me a room that was inferior to my real booking. The adverstised room sqm was not corresponding to the real room size that was so tiny I had to be careful when going to bed. When I left I shown my reservation to the hotel staff who candidly admitted their mistake but not even attempted to refund, just asked for my e-mail address in order to have management to propose something. Never happened. I will pubilcly advertise this inside my company blog to definitively avoid this hotel for all my company employees. The management behaviour is not acceptable (mistakes may be accepted, bad management is definitively not acceptable) and there are no excuses for what happened. I regularly travel the world in many places (pls have a look into my reviews) and I force myself to be abjective and recognize good and bad point for every hotel/restaurant I visit. In this case, I'm sorry, but these are the only words I can truly say.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend, we booked this hotel through hotelexclusives so did not know what hotel it was until recieving the e-mail. The Grange City Hotel was perfect and in a great location too. When we arrived, we had been upgraded to the double executive room, which was overlooking the Tower of London & Tower Bridge (what an amazing view)!!! The spa & swimming pool was also lovely and all of the staff were great too. Will stay again in the future! Thank you :)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions now and will be returning. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean and good facilities. Really enjoyed our weekend break. Great location. Good value for money.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is the second time my wife and I have had breaks at Grange Hotels in London. The City hotel is just outside Tower Hill tube station and really convenient for the Tower of London and the City. The staff are lovely the rooms well appointed although our bathroom was very small. The breakfast (if included in your rate) is excellent.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for my daughters birthday treat. We were upgraded on arrival to an executive twin room which overlooked the tower bridge. Amazing views, lovely room, great service. The only downside was a dissapointing meal at the KOTO 2 Restaurant, not the hotels fault I guess but as it was a birthday meal it was sad that the choice of selection on the sushi belt was extremely limited and the chicken terryaki was hard and chewy - not sure it was chicken.
Other than that we had a lovely time.

Room Tip: Ask for high up as the views are better
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on an Easter promotion booked direct with the hotel - just £100 including breakfast. The location is excellent, just 30 seconds from Tower Hill tube and not far from the Tower of London. Getting there from Euston was a doddle via Euston Square on the Circle Line. As it was my birthday they upgraded us to an executive room with a sofa and chairs and fantastic views over Tower Bridge and the Thames. We used the pool which was a good size and quiet, but the wet facilities were showing their age and are in need of a refresh. We went to the bar a couple of times and it was pricey - £9 for a glass of wine! Breakfast was excellent, served in a beautifully ornate room with a good choice of self service dishes. We will definitely be back - we have stayed in quite a few places centrally and, bar prices aside, this hotel is excellent value for money.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Visited London with friend to attend a wedding.we arrived at London Victoria by coach and then caught the underground to Tower Hill. Could not believe how close the underground was to the Hotel.
Check in was quick and easy, reception staff were really polite and friendly in fact we found this with all the staff at the hotel throughout our stay.
We stayed in room 916. It was clean and comfortable with everything you needed. We also had a great view of Tower Bridge.
We used the swimming pool a couple of times and were pleasantly surprised at how big it was.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel and it was excellent. Could not find fault with the food and service at breakfast it was a good start to the day.
When we were coming home we caught a taxi as the underground was closed and it cost us just under £20 from the hotel to Victoria station although it varies as depends on the traffic.
I would love to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: 916 high up with view of Tower Bridge
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends