“Excellent hotel, great location, amazing view and good spa facilities.”
Review of Grange City Hotel

Grange City Hotel
Ranked #352 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London
“Excellent hotel, great location, amazing view and good spa facilities.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed for one night as part of a weekend away. I had requested a rom with a crew, which was granted in the form of a complimentary upgrade to an executive room with an amazing view of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. I used the pool area both days and enjoyed swimming in the very big pool, as well as relaxing in the sauna, steam room, aromatherapy room and jacuzzi. We enjoyed a drink in the hotel bar which was reasonably priced. The hotel breakfast was included; even though it states complimentary, you can help yourself to the full breakfast. There was a lot of variety and I enjoyed the food. The hotel is practically next to Tower Hill station, which is a lovely area of London. This is the third Grange hotel I have stayed in and I always have a great experience. Whenever I have made a request, they have always fulfilled it. I'm looking forward to my next stay at a Grange hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange City Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the amazing view. Thank you for the excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great hotel. well located not far from the tube station. rooms were standard but very clean. did get charged for moving a tonic water in my mini bar really should read the rules and law of a mini bar before moving items inside !!!!! still a very good breakfast and nice enough stay

Room Tip: some rooms over look the railway. be careful if you open the curtains in the morning :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. So long as the tonic water was still in the mini bar the refund would have been easy to rectify. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Bristol
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night whilst on a family trip to London. On arriving at the hotel we had to walk through a crowd of smokers who had congregated outside the front door. Although not the hotel's fault, it's not a great first impression. The hotel itself & our rooms were clean. Our room also had a good view across to Tower Bridge & HMS Belfast. Our son's room however had a railway line below, where the trains stopped, so windows needed to be kept shut due to the noise & smell and so the air-conditioning was used, which was rather noisy.
Disappointed that there were no robes provided in our rooms, so we had to go down to the spa & pool fully clothed. We queried this with the spa staff who said you had to get your robe from reception. Never heard of that before & I for one didn't fancy coming down 8 floors to get it, then go back up 8 floors to our room to change & then down again to swim! We were also disappointed to find the whole pool roped off for lane swimming on a Sunday evening. We didn't eat at the hotel as on booking, the option for breakfast was very expensive & in such a good location, finding a good priced breakfast wasn't a problem. As it turned out, I'm glad we didn't eat at the hotel as I have since discovered that its official food hygiene rating, awarded earlier this year, is only a ONE!! Finally, I was surprised to see that the housekeeping trolley & a vacuum cleaner remained in the hallway, just outside the door to the lifts, throughout the duration of our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I am pleased you found your rooms clean and satisfactory. I regret however that your expectations were not fully satisfied on this occasion. Please accept my apologies.
barvaux sur ourthe
Reviewed 8 August 2014

the Grange city hotel is really beautifull. I have this pleasure the day when i come to have an executive room. With sofa chocolates, drink. Hifi is Bose and i have excellent classic music.the king size bed for myself,whoooah. very wonderfull breakfeast and dinner at the Forum restaurand. the staff is gentle at the reception and everywhere, happy to stay in this great hotel. i hope to return in this hotel as soon. Try the Ajala spa!!!!

Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights whilst attending a Charity Ball at the Hotel. Overall excellent. We were upgraded to a larger room with balcony. The latter slightly disapointing with limited views, a very awkward step up and no seating.However we weren't there for the "room with a view". Very comfortable bed and excellent shower over bath. This was unfortunately uncomfortable to access and exit. A simple robust grab handle on the wall would have been a simple answer, stepping out of a wet shower with no adequate support is an accident waiting to happen. The Ball was exceptionally well organised with well presented food and efficent service but the extra wine (only 4 bottles supplied for a table of 10, although this was possibly not the fault of the hotel) at £32.95 for a bottle of mediocre Rioja was a bit steep. Also a service charge of 10% for bar drinks may be common practice in the City but is unacceptable to an old Innkeeper like me. One other small quibble, I could not find either in the room or in the lobby any brochures regarding whats on in the locality. I do not wish to appear negative. We had a great stay, wonderfully friendly and plentiful staff (no undue waiting at reception), a large, comfortable and clean room, with a great location so near to the river. Also terrific value, only £399 for three nights (including excellent breakfast in spotless surroundings) in London. Sorry about the small moans we had a terrific stay and hope to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review. We are pleased you found the ball you attended exceptional and the food well presented and also found our staff wonderful. Your comments have been noted. We hope you will stay again soon.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had a terrible stay! My sister and I were over in London on a business trip at the beginning of August.
We had a free day on the Saturday that we arrived and bought items when we went shopping- we left them in our room the following day and they were stolen upon our return.
We contacted management immediately when we noticed it missing to which they replied 'the staff wouldn't have done it because they wouldn't risk their job'
They then ignored that this had happened.
The duty manager told us they had no CCTV outside bedrooms and we therefore had no proof- he made us feel like we were in the wrong!!! He then told us that we had no proof so we couldn't do anything.
We had to then contact the police. The police recommended that the hotel take the amount from our bill as CCTV at the reception shows us walk in with the shopping bags but management refused.
The hotel has a duty of care to their patrons but they did not care once we had paid for our accommodation.
Horrendous and stressful trip due to poor hotel and horrendous attitude from management- very disappointed, I would never dream of treating my customers in this way. Totally disgusted that this should happen in a 5* hotel

9 Thank Donna R
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange City Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest, I am sorry you feel that items were "stolen" from your room. Our reports show nothing untoward in the servicing of your room. We can identify that the only access to your room was authorised and we are unable to explain where the items you have reported went. I understand that the police were callled and we have cooperated with them - they issued no crime reference number and in these circumstances we are regrettably unable to help further.
Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I feel the hotel is outdated, the first room I stayed in the, 'desk' had the TV on it, a bolted down alarm clock and the phone, could not actually do any work on it. The bathroom was very outdated, with rust/mould on the shower screen doors. I ended upgrading myself and the executive room was much better but still just felt the hotel wasn't up to the same standard as others, not for this price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Toomsac
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange City Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I am sorry to learn your expectations were not fully satisfied. Please accept my apologies. It would be good if you could contact us to in order that we can make investigations. I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future, maybe at our newest hotel the Grange Tower Bridge which is just a few minutes walk from the Grange City Hotel.