“Corporate Hotel for Business Travelers and Tour Groups”
Review of Grange City Hotel

Grange City Hotel
Ranked #352 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Georgetown, Penang
“Corporate Hotel for Business Travelers and Tour Groups”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed at Grange City as it's just a 5 minutes walk from my office on Frenchurch Street. As a tourist, it's close to London Tower, Tower Bridge and two tube stations; other than that, the streets are pretty quiet at night and during weekend, with very few options of eateries in the neighborhood.

Check in is not available until 3pm, it may be an inconvenience if you arrive early in the morning. But the process of check-in and check-out were easy with very friendly staffs, it sounded like everyone was getting an "upgrade" of their rooms. I was a little disappointed despite asking for the Tower Bridge view. Nonetheless, my room on the 11th floor still opens up to the view of St Mary Axe and Heron Tower, which is a consolation.

Breakfast is included but no complementary mineral water in the room. The room is spacious and clean, but it's a little dated with loud air-condition. I probably will stay there again on business and not so much for leisure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange City Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel conveniently located near to your office in Fenchurch Street. I hope you will have the opportunity of returning soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We held our annual awards dinner at the Grange City Hotel last Friday eve - and from the initial enquiry through to the event itself our requirements (every changing) and needs were heard and actioned. The whole team at the hotel were excellent and very responsive, nothing seemed too much trouble - we had around 130 guest for dinner with 50 bedrooms. Having experienced mass catering before my expectations weren't high but I was very impressed by the standard of the food - not only was it good quality it was served hot! All our bedroom were of a superior standard - I was fortunate to overlook the Tower of London and the amazing display of poppies!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange City Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you very much for your really nice review. We are pleased that your conference went well, that all your bedrooms met with your satisfaction and our staff were friendly and helpful at all times. We hope you will return to us for a future event.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Fantastic customer service in sorting out our minor but relevant problem with the initially allocated room. ( I wont bore you with the details but basically the left hand didnt seem to know what the righthand was doing on reception). What the duty manager did in co-operation with a colleague in sorting it out went far beyond our expectations as you went the “extra mile “ and it was a pleasure to see you took what to us was a concern, seriously and with and great genuine empathy and ultimate professionalism.

He turned what was potentially a disappointment into something outstanding which we will always remember and we will certainly come again and recommend the hotel to our friends and family.

This is a great hotel, spacious well equiped,clean rooms, good breakfast, 70 metres from Tower Tube. A little bit of luxury at very affordable prices but just get the very polite receptionists to be more efficient and this will save managers having to get invoved. Overall, would stay againespecially on a deal

Room Tip: all rooms good but ask for a tower view in advance and you may be lucky
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick O
Sorry to hear of your initial difficulties, however I am pleased we were able to sort it out for you and that your expectations were surpassed. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Myself and my hubby stayed here in July this year, it is an amazing hotel. On arrival we got a free upgrade to the exec room on the 10th floor looking out over the tower of London and the Thames it was fantastic. Staff very friendly and helpful. Beds massive and very comfortable. Breakfast on weekdays was stunning, and there was no charge for the continental version. But the continental selection was huge, inc smoked salmon, a cheese board, pastries, breads meats fruit etc. The breakfast on the Saturday not as good but still very good. The location is fantastic. There is a brasserie Blanc just round the corner which is good value for their set meal.
The only thing I would have a little negative feedback on was the water in the pool was quite cold, but the area around the pool and the spa etc. was kept very well.
Would definitely go back for one fo the their promotional breaks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am so pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay and that you liked the view from your upgraded room. I hope you will return soon.
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I visited in May this year with my partner, we booked through last minute (top secret hotels) and got a really good deal! I was very pleased it was a hotel from the Grange group as I have stayed before in other hotels (Bracknell) and they are generally very good!

On arrival we were upgraded complimentary to a larger room which made our stay feel even more special! the basement pool, sauna and steam room seem to be under used but stunningly elegant with large pillars around the pool. It truly felt like luxury.

The room was immaculate, bathroom clean and beds large and very comfortable. The only slight negative was the prices at the bar but to be honest, in a hotel of this standard, in a prime central location, its not any more expensive than any others

Staff were very friendly. I would happily recommend this hotel and its other hotels and hope to stay there again soon!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the hotel, the rear faces another building
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review Martin. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found it clean, comfortable and luxurious. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Got this deal through lastminute.com, at a reasonable price. Cheap, even. Obvious that the reception personnel thought so, as well. The treatment was, well, disrespectful. We did not exactly feel at home. The room was great, spacious by any standard. Right next to a railway station, but excellent soundproofing, didn't hear a thing. So a mixed experience, but all in all, a positive one as long as we didn't talk to any employees at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brys320
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange City Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
It is really disappointing to read your review. Your comments have all been noted. I hope you will consider staying with us on a future occasion.
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

On arriving at this hotel for the first time I was greeted by two receptionists, one of whom answered a phone call as the other walked away, not a good start. The room was large and clean if not slightly dated and I was fortunate to have a decent view of the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. I did not receive any complimentary bottled water in the room despite it being specified in a confirmation email to me.

Due to the time of my arrival I was forced to order room service which was a real mistake. I was presented with one of the blandest meals I've ever eaten and instead of promptly taking payment the member of staff who brought the food was watching the TV until prompted. This hotel has large rooms and looks very nice, however whoever is in charge of service needs to manage their staff up to the apparent 5* standard or this will swiftly be removed.

Having stayed in most hotels in the area (reviews available) this is not somewhere that I would stay again over many others. This is a highly competitive area and the Grange City needs to reevaluate its position.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Tower of London and Tower Bridge for a good view as all other sides of the hot...
2 Thank Ash-W22