“Best Tour In London!!! - Street Art”
Review of London Detours

London Detours
Ranked #172 of 732 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: We take great pride in showcasing the creative side of London with our amazing walking tours. Discover the History, Street Art and Community through the streets of the Capital. Come join the adventure and explore.
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Hi Joe, just wanted to say thanks again for the tour. Really enjoyed it - in fact much more than I thought I would - being familiar with the area already! I actually went back to Tony's Gallery the following day and bought a limited edition Pez print!

Joe is extremely enthusiastic and passionate about Street Art, and this tour is great for tourists and locals alike. We were a group of 20-somethings (ok I'm 30!) and never thought I'd enjoy a tour as much as I did! The time flew by and even ran over which was a bonus! I don't normally write reviews - I was just so impressed I felt it necessary to do so.

Book now - you won't be disappointed - you may even see the new Banksy that appeared this week . . . . . .

Book now - you won't be disapointed - you may even see the new Banksy that appeared this week . . . . . .

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I took the Street Art Detour with Joseph last Friday. The guy is amazing! Entertaining, instructive, careful, kind and intelligent. rather than just talk, talk, talk, he prompts those taking the tour to find their ways of seeing things, he surprises us with our own reactions, he plays games and tells a bunch of funny stories of his ways around. Highly reccomend! He is the GUYde!

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I went on the Streetart tour last weekend and loved every minute. The tour guide was so enthusiastic and passionate about streetart that he couldn't fail to make it interesting. It seemed as though he was enjoying the tour himself and wasn't just going through the motions. I knew very little about streetart before the tour but Joe was very knowledgeable about the subject and I came away feeling that Id really learned something and had my eyes opened to how great streetart can actually be. The tour is a long one, around 4.5 hours, so you do really make a day of it. I have already recommended the tour to several friends and am hoping to go on some other London detours in the future. Compared with a previous tour I did with a different tour company, there really is no comparison.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

This tour is a must for anyone interested in art and London but specifically East London. Having been born in London and worked there for the past thirty five years I thought it was about time I actually did a tour and learnt something and this tour did not disappoint. Joseph was an excellent guide and his knowledge and enthusiasm for his subject is outstanding. I found his insight and enthusiasm infectious and he has left me wanting to do more of the London tours. Joseph is friendly and informative and does well to ensure all are included; I will be booking more when the weather improves!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have now done all five of the London Detours walking tours and as a Londoner who knew the City and Westminster reasonably well, I still learnt a lot. My favourite was the East End one where I ended up really elated by the varied experiences and enjoyed the introduction to street art so much that I then booked up to do the Street Art walking tour as well. Joe is enthusiastic, well informed and passionate about showing off London and is happy to divert from his planned itinerary if something interesting happens en route. His tours are far longer than the usual 2 hour ones, but are great value for money and well worth the extra time. He thrives on questions and involves the whole group in the experience.

2  Thank Hanna N