“A real surprise close to Paddington - wait for your train here!”
Review of Le Gourmet

Le Gourmet
Ranked #3,904 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Lebanese charcoal grill, eating in and takeaway open till late
Description: Lebanese charcoal grill, eating in and takeaway open till late
UK
“A real surprise close to Paddington - wait for your train here!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

From the outside this place looks like your ordinary sandwich shop. It does inside as well but don't judge a book by its cover. I walked in and the Egyptian staff immediately came over to shake hands and greet me. While waiting for friends I ordered freshly made juice - try the lemon and mint. The menu covers the usual range of Middle Eastern foods, with generous portions, but all delicious. Judging by the number of Arabic speakers who came in it hits a spot with them too. We had the advantage of being in the company of someone who came here regularly so were able to order in advance off menu. We asked for fish - and what a fish. Meze followed by a fresh sea bass in a lovely spicy topping. Followed by mint tea with mint that the chef went and picked for us straight out of his small garden.Clearly a popular place for groups of friends to meet but, despite its smallness, there was no attempt to hurry or move people on who were there using the wifi. The desserts sadly looked like pre made standard cheese cakes and the like - please do Eastern pastries! I won't be kicking my heels at Paddington ever again drinking processed coffee from one of the coffee chains. I will be here and it is set to be a favourite for a relaxed , no pretensions, convenient place to meet friends for good value food. ( No alcohol served) ( Halal)

• Visited August 2011