“Brilliant food, amazing prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: London Bridge
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, amazing prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The O tower is back in a brand new location (2 doors down from the old one) and the food is as good as ever. Still great value.

The new venue is looking really sharp, and Orville is still on great form every time you go in.

If you are in, or live in, the area you just can't miss the O tower!!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank jamie m

“:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent. New location. Love it. Really good food. If a little salty. Get the jerk chicken. Unconventional waiting staff, pretty chilled out.

5 Thank NCKP933
Romford
“Sheila is a lovely lady...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

After reading several reviews, I decided that I definitely wanted to go to O-Tower for my birthday meal. However after reading about how rude Sheila is, I was a bit apprehensive about calling up.

Anyway, I called the restaurant and a lady answered, she seemed very nice, helpful and was thankful for my call, before I came off the phone, I said "What's your name, by the way" and she answered "Sheila."

The restaurant is small, but cosy and as I was having about 18 guests, Sheila allowed me to have the whole restaurant on a Saturday evening. When I arrived, she was unimpressed and as I apologised she stared at me as if she was saying "I don't wanna hear it, you better just watch yaself!" One of my friends tapped me and said "If only looks could kill" but I took it with a pinch of salt, she didn't look like she really meant it.

Throughout the evening age kept taking digs at me, like when she was handing out the hot plates, she said to me "Should I give you a cold plate?" But it was just a bit of banter, nothing serious. It was comical.

All of the food was well made traditional Jamaican dishes, tasted GOOD and the portion sizes were ever so generous, just how they should be. Although, the rice that comes with it wasn't in size proportion to the rest of the food served. The drinks were homemade and tasted good also, especially the soursop and the sorrel had a nice kick to it.

Overall, had a lovely evening. Great food, nice atmosphere and music, AMAZING prices and a great host; Sheila. I didn't tell her that it was my birthday when making the booking, but she said had she have known she would have decorated the restaurant for me, she was actually a really sweet and lovely lady.

I hope that it is still open, or will be reopening if it is actually closed.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank LishLoveFood
“Restaurant is closed?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Tried to go here as I had heard the food was really good and my friends had been raving about it for weeks. However, we tried to call repeatedly to book and got not answer. Finally, we decided to swing by one night and found an eviction notice on the door, it seems the place is now closed down, at least for the time being.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mapitis1
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food. Expect Attitude.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Orville's cooking is excellent. We have been here a few times. Last week was the most extreme in that the service was near non-existent and the food was the best.
Orville was on his own cooking and serving everyone. We seated ourselves, but he still managed to serve cook and bill every table in the restaurant. We had actually phoned to book, and we got the normal surliness from the lady. She answered the phone, said a booking for two was fine, didn't take our name and put the phone down. We find her really amusing, and don't ever expect a smile or warmth, and that is fine for us as long as the food is still good and cheap, and its all pretty efficient. I can totally understand that some people find the service really difficult. Its never been personal with us, or impacted our experience, but if it ever did I might feel quite differently about this place. The main thing is Orville is great.

• Visited August 2013