“Why?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are amazed at some of the negative reviews for this restaurant - it is not swish or upmarket - it doesn't claim to be, but the pizza and especially the pasta are as good or better than anything you will find in a more expensive place. The staff are usually fine and the wait for food no longer than average in our experience. The food is extremely good value for money. The only thing we don't like is that the music is often too loud and we have had to ask for it to be turned down. We have been going to the Pollo since 1972 - it closed for a short interval during that period and we were so pleased when it re-opened. I went there when I was pregnant - my son is 38 now - he goes there too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well I had a dinner with 4 strangers, Tables are way to close together.
The waitresses are in the wrong job, no customer service skills at all yet they add a service charge. Won’t be back

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I went with a friend for dinner. We ordered 1 starter to share and 2 pizzas as a main. After 20 min the waitress bring our mains courses. And we asked for the starter and she replied U didn't had the starters and if I wanted it after our pizzas. Excuse me ?? What part of STARTER she doesn't understand?? We decide to keep the pizza because we were hungry. When we decided to take the bill we asked for take off the service charge and the waitress doesn't care about that . She said the service charge it wasn't for her. It was for the owner. We were so disappointed because Now I understand why the service is awful. Waiters don't care about the service !!!! Vergognoso!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We always have a meal at La Porchetta when in London.

Yes, the service isn't overly friendly (even brusk at times), but if you stick to pizza/pasta the food is great, and at under £30 for an alcoholic drink for 2, a garlic pizza bread to share, and a pasta main course each, there are no complaints from us.

We will be back on our next visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

After an evening of networking my friend and I fancied a "bowl of pasta" and after walking around for while we were delighted to see La Porchetta! It is a lovely little place, very friendly and welcoming and having looked at "silly prices" for pasta elsewhere we were so impressed by the cost of pizzas and pastas. We were not disappointed by the food either - my tagliatelle was delicious! The wine was good too. I highly recommend this friendly Italian!