“Fun and informative”

West London Wine School - Day Classes
Ranked #12 of 186 Classes & Workshops in London
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Its true, Ive become an addict. After visiting a few wine regions I have awakened an appetite for wine knowledge, and WLWS is the best place in London to learn, while not being too nerdy, and having great fun. Ive tried out almost all of the schools, so I should know.
Jimmy and his team make every evening enjoyable while still being very informative, so you can take as much or little knowledge with you as you desire. He also matches the wines being tasted with some nibbles, a rather essential and often forgotten wine tasting addition.
The calendar is always full of interesting events, from basic wine evenings to specific tastings, catering for all interests and levels. At this rate I will be turning up on a weekly basis!

All reviews
"answer questions"
"a lot of fun"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have been to quite a few tastings at West London Wine School and have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them, whether the 8-week introductory course or Bordeaux fine wine and everything in between. Jimmy always injects huge enthusiasm into the subject and the atmosphere is unpretentious and fun. It's always good to see visiting wine makers as well and it's extremely good value.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I dont really remember what happened that night... The wine mustve been good... BUT... I woke up with a badger in my bag, and it had swallowed my mobile phone... I paid for that! I'm not getting that back! :(

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I first came across the West London Wine School a couple of years ago when I attended the WSET level 2 Saturday course. The tutors (Cherie & Quentin) were knowledgable, interesting and tremendously friendly.

Subsequently I have been to a fair few of the fine wine tasting events and will go to many more in the future. A great opportunity to taste top quality Bordeaux, Burgundy, and recently JJ Prum Riesling, just sign up for an event and I promise you'll be back for more. Jimmy, the main guy at the school, is a brilliant host and makes wine so approachable, and most important fun. If you love wine, you'll love the West London Wine School.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2013

As a Christmas present my partner bought me a gift voucher for a one-evening wine class at WLWS and nearly five months later we finally got the chance to use it! The entire class from start to finish was a treat, the perfect balance of really interesting information and fun. Yes, the location is slightly odd, but it works. We especially appreciated the practical information on merchants and where we can find the best value wines in London. Definitely plan to return at some point in the near future.