“Fun and Informative - Great Atmosphere”

West London Wine School - Day Classes
Ranked #12 of 155 Classes & Workshops in London
Vernon, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and Informative - Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Although a self-proclaimed "Wine Ignoramus", I took a chance and attended a recent wine tasting featuring several South African independent wine producers at WLWS. It was just a wonderful, welcoming experience - very upbeat, positive and fun. Jimmy and the staff are knowledgeable and passionate, and the location is very cool. Still a bit of an ignoramus, but now I can comfortably toss wine-appropriate terms into any conversation; e.g., "tannins"; "oak-aged."
Thanks guys for a terrific evening - I'll be back!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank GWPaterson2014

London, United Kingdom
“WSET level 3 experience...”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

What a course. Six months of study, six days of ten hours in a classroom studying. Regardless of whether I pass, I can't speak highly enough for how much fun it was to do the course at WLWS. Jimmy was excellent in how the days flew by covering so much theory and after each day I left with a real sense of learning about all aspects of wine. Do the course, enjoy it, revise more than me and you'll be halfway towards the MW qualification!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top tasting”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Incredibly insightful and interesting experience with some great varied wines to taste. Would definitely recommend

1 Thank Michael P
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“'Premier Cru' Wine School !”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I’ve been a regular for some years now and enjoy discovering new wines and putting to practice what I’ve learned with some of the more specialist tastings they do. It’s a great place to learn but equally a great way of having and comparing some excellent wines with like minded people - whether a beginner or expert !

1 Thank Surfmist
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Work Day Out”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked for the all day "introduction to Wine" session as a surprise for my work colleagues as an alternative to the usual works night out of beer & curry. It was perfect, we started with champagne at 11:00 and worked our way through 13 bottles of wine finishing at 16:00. The wine choices were very interesting and varied - I never knew wine could be so interesting.
Jimmy our expert guide was fantastic, his knowledge of wine was amazing and he really made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. Needless to say everyone who attended loved the day - a great alternative to do for team building, before the usual night out activities.