“East End Tour”
Review of Coutours

Coutours
Ranked #103 of 743 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Coutours offers fun and entertaining tours of all the interesting parts of London. Choose from the1. 'Ready To Walk' calendar of £1O tours [Secrets of Hidden London, Jack The Ripper, City of the Dead, The Shocking East End etc...] or choose a 2. 'Coutour', a private tour of London for a group of friends or work colleagues. This is perfect for client entertaining, hen nights, alternative birthday parties. Whichever way you choose to take your tour, we guarantee that each one will include colourful stories, quirky anecdotes and little known nuggets of information from this great city.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were looking for a walking tour which would be a little different to the norm, and took us round a part of London which was not as obvious as the other tours The East End Tour with Emma did not disappoint, we had a young relative over from Canada who had not visited since she was a kid, along with ourselves, 3 UK residents of varying ages and we all loved if equally. Emma is fun, informative and imaginative, you come away with many little known and fascinating facts - couldn't recommend her more highly. If you haven't booked a tour with her before, you should she won't disappoint.

2  Thank Jo L
"great guide"
in 7 reviews
"amazing tour"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"couple of hours"
in 7 reviews
"insight"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2014

If you have 2 to 3 hours to spare when visiting London and are looking for something a little different then I highly recommend that you undertake one of these tours.

We started in the morning with the Borough and Maltby Street Market walk. Coffee or Tea were provided on arrival and then we commenced our tour of Borough Market which I am fairly familiar with having visited many times on route to the Globe Theatre. I have to say however, that I learnt many things about the market that I didn't know including lots of information not only about it's history but of the various food items that we sampled (the most excellent oysters, blue cheese - I always wanted to like it but wasn't able to until today and wonderful beef and chicken pies).

We then left for Maltby St Market via another interesting route with Emma again providing lots of information along the way (I'm not going to tell you what it was as you need to find out for yourselves). Maltby St Market is a little gem and I would have liked to have spent more time there but we had to get on to take the afternoon East End Food Tour (although we still managed to arrive late which didn't phase Emma at all providing us with details as to where they were so we could eventually meet up with her and the rest of the party).

The afternoon tour took us around parts of the East End of London again with loads of information about the changing population over the centuries this time sampling some traditional Fish and Chips and Bagels.

Emma is a wonderful, accommodating, entertaining and engaging guide (but please don't encourage her to dance!). My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I can pay no better compliment than she is now asking me when we will next be free so that we can do the History of London in 4 Drinks tour.

1  Thank DJWindy
Reviewed 13 August 2014

4 of us joined Emma on her 'History of London in 4 drinks' it was excellent - well-planned and informative with the added bonus drinks of to start and finish! Emma is very entertaining and knowledgeable, we all learnt so many new things, even my friend who had worked in the City for years. Would recommend to anyone and will be joining Emma again for the Street Food tour at some stage too.

1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I joined Emma on her 'History of London in 4 drinks' and 'Secret History of Street food' tours. Both were excellent - well-planned and informative with the added bonus of tasting sessions along the way! Emma is extremely knowledgeable and we both learned things about our home city that we hadn't known before. A great way to see some of London's secret places, whether as a tourist or a local!

1  Thank peanuts161
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

WOW! What an amazing full-day tour I had with Emma. I was able to customize the tour to my interests which included St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London, Tate Modern, and a great deal of historic areas as we walked through the heart of London. I was even fortunate enough to see the execution site of William Wallace (Braveheart). Didn't even think about that before Emma mentioned it. I also had a specific lunch request (Fish & Chips and Sticky Toffee Pudding). Emma was able to include a nice hour lunch at a delicious pub which more than delivered on what I wanted. I highly recommend this tour and if I return to London, will certainly book Emma again for a different part of London.

1  Thank Tommy M