“Every time has been a good one”
Review of Kyoto Sushi

Kyoto Sushi
Ranked #2,912 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Soho
London, United Kingdom
“Every time has been a good one”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I come regularly to this restaurant, it is an option for locals that want to eat authentic Japanese food in a low-profile environment, without spending the money that you usually need for food of this quality.

At the beginning I always went for fish and sushi, as they seemed to me the obvious choice for a Japanese restaurant, but recently I have started trying alternative options like beef, chicken and pork, and realised that they are valid alternatives.

These are my favourites: Shrimp Tempura, Salmon Sushi, Suzuki Shioyaki and Chicken Gyoza... and clearly some edamame to start. Recently they have expanded the menu adding things like the black Cod, but I have not tried it yet...

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AlessandroT77

• Korean first
“Consistent choice”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I found myself back in Kyoto after finding out that the Centre Point Sushi cafe (CPSC) had relocated round the corner and the restaurant was not ready yet.

Kyoto is essentially CPSC but slightly better quality, with the prices to go with it. Sushi is always excellent though sometimes the portions can be a little miserly. Soft shell crab maki always leaves me hungry but taste wise it's possible the best there is.

I always have fish, so cannot comment on the quality of the non-sushi dishes of which there are plenty but the asian clientele that frequent this place is a good sign.

Good value bento.

Not a special occasion place, but clean, consistent and a step up from most of the places in the vicinity around Compton Street (with the exception perhaps of Dozu).

• Visited May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing Sushi!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Best sushi in London, fanatastic and fresh. Average pricing for sushi. Visited with my other half, lovely friendly service. Would love to come back when we are back in London.

• Visited February 2014
Exeter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Sushi and Sashimi”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We visited here for lunch and had a number of the menu sets. It was all very tasty with very fresh fish. We even had to order a second round! There was a nice range of different sushi on offer and the staff were very friendly. We had to feed our baby at the table and they were nothing but polite and helpful. It is quite a small place but I think this adds to the charm and we would definitely go back. I would not have said it was the cheapest meal I've ever had but as this is an occasional treat and the quality was worth it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tartantravller
“Best Sushi in London”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

From the outside Kyoto looks like a run of the mill Sushi restaurant that could easily be overlooked amidst the bright lights and vibrancy of Soho. But I can safely say it is the best sushi I have encountered in London.
It's a small restaurant with a lovely ambience and the staff are polite. The intimate atmosphere is perfect for a romantic meal with a partner.
The menu was well balanced between sushi and hot courses and even though it veered into the expensive, the food was well worth it. And the set meals in the sushi section are a good starting point for a sushi novice.
Overall it's the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of Central London and I can't wait to go again.

• Visited April 2014