“dirty and smelly”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
London Budget-Hartley House
Ranked #362 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Denver
“dirty and smelly”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I made my reservation based on the high score at Booking.com.

Wow was that score far off the mark. I was greeted by a "front desk clerk" lying in a bed looking at his computer. The kitchen reeked and the floors were dirty. He led me upstairs to my room. There was a sock on the floor from the previous guest and the carpet was dirty. I refused to look further and left. Even if my credit card company does not support me on this, at least I didn't catch something.

Room Tip: Be safe, spend more.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 November 2011

room basically nice; we got an appartment in a separate buildung in distance to where we found the management. the appartment included kitchen and bathroom, large TV, wireless internet. the staff was very friendly, check in is flexible. unfortunately, the room was not cleaned well; the floors were sticky and there were traces of previous guests.
big advantage is that the room/the hostel is in 10min walking distance of tower bridge. also, it's located in a nice street, with a hip café closeby, and market on saturday.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank david s
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed in this room for 3 nights and booked at short notice so we were a bit limited in choice for good locations.

We got to London Budget Hartley House and then were lead a couple of minutes down the road to a separate unit.

The room is great. It is like a little apartment with a proper kitchen - full stove/oven, family sized fridge and a washing machine. There is a separate bathroom. The shower head is a little awkward and came out more like a guerney. It was hard not to get water everywhere but it wasn't a big deal.

There is wifi in the room, a television with dvd player and plenty of storage space.

My only problem was the location. I wasn't too comfortable with the area, being that it was my first time in London. It might be fine but it just didn't "feel" safe and I tended not to venture out at night because of this. It appears to be in the welfare housing section of town and is a good 10-15 minute walk to the nearest tube station, Borough. Not ideal with luggage. Also, not ideal as a base for the main sights of London if you are short on time because you will need to rely on the tube - however Tower Bridge, Borough Markets and the Tate Modern are relatively close.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends