“My home for 9 nights”

Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel
Ranked #215 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I was in London on business. Unfortunately, my stay was planned at the last minute and too near the holidays to be able to secure a hotel closer to my work (unless I wanted to take out a mortgage to pay for it, or stay in a place that was rated as "Poor" or "Terrible"). A colleague of mine suggested that I try Premier Inns, and I'm glad he did. Once I found the Premier Inn at Stratford, I knew that I had "My home for 9 nights". The staff was friendly and fantastic, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast at the Thyme Restaurant was tasty and plentiful. My entire stay was a pleasure, and all my requests were met with prompt and courteous service. If you want an example of the attentiveness of the staff, here is probably the best example that I can think of. When I arrived at the Thyme restaurant for breakfast on probably the 2nd or 3rd morning of my stay, the host on duty (George) greeted me by name. I think that says it all. That level of detail and attention punctuated my entire 9 day stay. If you don't mind the 20 minute tube ride into central London, stay at the Premier Inn London Stratford. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Olympic Stadium, ask for a room on the "Odd numbered side" of th...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TonyV930
Write a ReviewReviews (2,783)

Reviewed 15 December 2011

My family was assigned a room on Level 10, the highest level. We could see the ongoing works at the Olympic Park from our bedroom windows. We find the size of our family room bigger than the one in King's Cross. Possibly more floor area here to construct a bigger room. We also feel that the staff in this hotel is more attentive and courteous.

The hotel is right next to Westfield Shopping Centre. After a day out at the museums or visiting sights in London city, you could spend the evening shopping after having your meals either at the fast food outlets or eateries at the shopping centre. This is especially convenient during winter when the skies turn dark after 4 pm. You could also catch movies at Vue Cinema inside the Shopping Centre. There is also an ice-skating rink outside the shopping centre when we were there.

Room Tip: If you like views, ask for higher floors
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Great hotel, next to large shopping centre, room quiet, great views of olympic stadium. Highly reccomend, food good, staff excellent much better experience then exspected. And i got the room for four for £39.00 even better

Room Tip: ask for rooms on right hand side of hotel, 10th floor for olympic stadium views
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Let's hope things improve before the Olympics! If you come by car the hotel is hard to find as the online directions do not give enough detail of how to reach the car parks, exactly where it's best to park and how to get from the car park on foot to the main hotel entrance. If you approach from Car Park A round the outside it is quite gloomy and badly lit, which doesn't help. The hotel entrance is anonymous - no staff, no welcome signs - unlike other Premier Inns. The lift to Reception can take ages to arrive but don't use the stairs, which, as they warn you, have well over 100 steps. When we arrived at the upstairs Reception, the 'lectern' style reception desks were empty and staff preoccupied with other people's problems. However, when we did meet staff later they were very friendly and helpful - and the best feature of our experience here. The automated check-in works best with the booking reference, not your card! The two rooms we used were smaller than expected and did not match the expectations fostered by current advertising. One of them was badly designed and laid out so we didn't have room to store more than cabin sized luggage. It was uncomfortable for more than an overnight stay, rather claustrophobic, with a very narrow window, low ceiling and not enough space for Lenny Henry to swing a cat! Even the bed seemed smaller than in other Premier Inns. The 2nd room was also a bit cramped for a family. The cot we booked was in a small space by the window. In trying to move the over-long net curtain to keep our grandchild safe while letting her see out of the window, the curtain pole sprang loose and hit me in the head causing swelling & bruising that took 3 weeks to subside. The fact that this could have happened to a small child - or pierced my eye, which it just missed - concerned me greatly. I spoke to a member of staff who promised to notify the management. She was friendly, efficient and prompt in offering a full refund. None of us had slept as a result of the shock of the accident and the overheating. However, no-one contacted me subsequently to check that I had recovered fully or to reassure us that steps would be taken to fix the sprung-loaded curtain tracks properly to avoid injury to other clients. The midweek prices are often over £100, which, for staying next to a (current) building site and shopping centre with teething problems, feels a bit steep in view of the advertising strap-line that implies high quality but budget pricing. However, if you can book one of the cheap deals, enjoy shopping centres, don't need to use what can be expensive parking and are assigned one of the larger family rooms which isn't overheated, it could be a much better experience than we had.

Room Tip: Book a family room and ask for one that is quiet.
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I booked the Premier Inn at Stratford as it was recommended to me by a friend. I have stayed with Premier Inn on several occassions and always found the hotels to be of excellent quality for the price paid and I was certainly not disappointed with their Stratford hotel.

The hotel is situated at the Westfield shopping centre - easiest way to find it is to look for Waitrose as it is next door. A quick trip in the lift takes you to the ground floor (the hotel is situated on top of the shopping centre) where we were welcomed. Check in was quick and easy and the staff very helpful.

We had a family room and the room was a very good size and my son was really pleased that his bed was near the window so that he could see the Xmas lights outside!

Our room was extremely clean, the air conditioning was just right and as promised, we all had a great nights sleep.

We had an evening meal in the restaurant - I cannot praise the waiting staff enough for the personal attention given. We also had breakfast and although it was very busy, we were shown straight to our table. The choice of food was excellent and we all enjoyed a cooked breakfast to set us up for shopping at Westfield.

Our room did not overlook the Olympic park and my son was keen to see this. On mentioning this when checking out, we were swiftly taken to the 10th floor and to a room overlooking the park so that he could take a photograph. I cannot remember the name of the member of staff that took the time to do this but can I say a massive thank you - the 5 minutes you gave us made my sons day.

I would strongly recommed this hotel to anyone looking for a break in London. The tube only takes about 15 minutes to central London and the Westfield shopping centre is a great place to shop.

We only paid £39 for our room - fantastic price and a fantastic stay - thank you Premier Inn Stratford, we will be returning.

Room Tip: Our room over looked the shopping centre and it was very quiet.
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed on 4th floor and had no problem with noise. This is a very convenient hotel for Stratford and the shopping centre. Not so difficult to locate as we thought, based on previous reviews. From bus and tube go up the steps, enter shopping centre at Forever 21, go right thru to John Lewis and down escalator to Waitrose. Outside then and it's on your left, pretty much attached to shopping centre. The staff were extremely friendly, helfpul and welcoming. Rooms were standard for Premier Inn, no complaints, considering we had a twinroom for 3 nights for £235. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment. However, there were lots of really good cafes and restaurants on the top floor of the shopping centre. I would definitely return to this hotel next visit to London - great value and location.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

On the whole first class. Very friendly service. Only downside was the room was very hot, even tried turning the thermostat down and could not open the window. Food in the hotel was good and excellent value for money. And its a little difficult to find.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room, to watch all the building work.