“Convenient & comfortable bargain night's stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel

Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel
Ranked #182 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Christchurch
“Convenient & comfortable bargain night's stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel is attached to Westfield Stratford shopping mall, adjacent to the Waitrose / John Lewis end. With the easy tube links it was a convenient hotel for a theatre evening followed by a morning's shopping. The 12 pm checkout meant we coud leave our overnight bags in the hotel whilst we shopped the following morning. Good sized & comfortable room at the £50 early booking rate made for a really great stay - will return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Arrived at hotel at about 5.30 to be met by a bunch of what I can only call "greeters" who directed me to the set of console for self check in. As I had my booking form in luggage the chap did it for me. He confirmed that I had a booking but a it was not paid for (it was as i work for govt dept and all rooms are prepaid through an agency. I dug out my booking form and off he went with it - Thats the last I saw of that as he seemed to lose it.

The chap was then join ed by several others who went off to look for a fax from agency. After ten minutes they confirmed that the fax had not been received and they would phone the agency. as agency lines close at 6 it was a bit tight. I asked what if they couldnt get through and he said i would either have to pay for room (again) or leave. I also explained that the booking was made months ago and he replied that the fax machine may have been broken! As the booking was months ago I am surprised that he remembered the broken fax and when pressed he could not say when it was broken. After a long wait he got through and apparently the fax would be 10 minutes. I asked if I could go to room while it was on its way to be told no its not company policy and I would have to wait. A few seconds later a colleague arrived with my confirmation from the agency. He triumphantly said here it is however i heard his colleague say it was in the other tray. After getting my room key - but not my booking form back i asked what would have happened if the agency was closed. It appears that I would have to pay again or leave. As I live 5 hours away that would have been difficult and as i had no credit card i may not have been able to pay.

So my advice would be to telephone in advance to make sure they have your booking - not that they wont lose it of course. I didnt get the chaps name unfortunately but it is a poor situation when i have a government booking through a credible agency, a confirmation and ID and the hotel would have made me leave with potentially nowhere to go. Also relying on fax in 2013 is somewhat outdated.

As for the hotel itself rooms were Ok but erratic mobile signal. Breakfast was a good choice but luke warm and it needed 5 swipes of a key card to get through various doors to get from outside the hotel to my room. I wont be booking Premier Inn again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Although it is not located in central London, it is easily accessible via public train. Shopping is just below with variety of foods option. Stratford International is just 7mins to St Pancras Eurostar train station and accessible even if we were carrying big luggage as escalator provided in both station. Room is not too big but ok for night sleep purpose.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
York, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here with my parents for 1 night, it is in an ideal location right next to the Westfield Shopping Centre and Stratford International station.
We found the rooms to be immaculate and very comfortable. Breakfast was served from 7am and we were there at this time, a wide range of breakfast items were provided. We ordered poached eggs and these were delivered to our table promptly. The breakfast room has a fantastic view over Stratford (8 floors up). I found check in to be frustrating as I'd got two online bookings and could have 'done without' the man on reception walking me across to a self check in machine - I was far too tired for this and just wanted him to check us in without him talking me through two bookings on a computer screen! This is my only complaint for what was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Uckfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent location and very comfortable. Only let down was finding curly hairs in the bath which was not great. Car park in westfield was a bonus as it's cheap and secure. We got the top floor which had a great view

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Anon129876
Hull, East Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

stayed for 1 night.Great helpful staff easy to find from the station.Great view of the olympic stadium and the surrounding part of the olympic scene.Next to the Westfield shopping centre so retail therapy is taken care of.Access to London either by train or underground is very good,High speed train is £7.30 day return or £5.20 a single (dec 2013) takes 6 minutes into Kings cross/St Pancras.

Room Tip: the higher you are the better the view of the city
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Tonbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

What a fantastic hotel! Stayed here on a short break with my husband as it was conveniently located for Westfield and easy to get into central London too. I've stayed in hotels of Premier Inn's main rival on many occasions, but this was my first time in a Premier Inn.

Glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. The customer service was so friendly and efficient, I almost wanted to hug the check in staff! We got a high up room with no trouble and managed to check out a day early, with full refund with no quibbles at all (Thanks Ibrahim)

The room itself was very clean and comfortable, with a view of the Olympic Park. The bathroom was great, nicely sized and very clean too.

We didn't get to use the restaurant/bar, but will probably give it a go next time. Can't fault the entire experience! Certainly didn't feel like a budget hotel, and I've stayed in quite a few. Will be back :-)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple