“Really good for transport into London, shopping and O2”

Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel
Ranked #175 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a well located hotel reached by walking through the Westfield Stratford Shopping Centre which offers everything you could want and need. The bedrooms are well appointed, the breakfast very good quality and the check-in very efficient. We were missing a hand-towel in the room and this was brought up within ten minutes of ringing reception. Good views of the Olympic Park from the window of our room. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Avril W

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is right at the shopping centre, we were very pleased with it, the room was very nice as was the restaurant where we ate, we will definitely go back there next year when we visit London.We went there for Christmas shopping and everything was right on the doorstep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We booked into this hotel as we were going to see a concert at the O2 Arena in London.

The hotel is ideally situated within Westfield Shopping Centre and has brilliant links to Motorway, Tube and Railway. It only took us about 15 mins to get to the O2 Arena from the hotel. The process was so quick and easy. I would definitely recommend staying here for this purpose. I would also recommend the hotel for a weekend away of shopping and trips into London.

The hotel itself was clean and friendly and surprisingly there was no noise considering it was so close to the shopping centre.

The parking for this hotel is in the shopping centre car park and is only £8 for 24 hours, which is a Bargain!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davina H
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My girlfriend and I are English, live in the south of France and popped back to the UK for some Christmas shopping staying at the premier Inn Stratford London.
WOW, we were greeted by the friendliest and professional staff, checked in and ended up on the 10th floor in room 1009. The view was spectacular over the Olympic village and the room was clean, warm and had everything you would want.
The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping until you drop as it is part of the Westfield Stratford shopping center.
Breakfast has everything anyone would want - full English, cereal, juices, crumpets/toast, yogurts, fruit you name it they have it.
For me an ardent coffee drinker they have machines that grind your beans for you choice of coffee.
My lasting memory will be the wonderful efficient staff who made us feel so very welcome
It's a must - enjoy

Room Tip: If you want an Olympic view the higher the floor the better and it must be an 'odd' number r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MH280862
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We wanted a central hotel to visit the city and do some shopping in Westfield. Decided on the Premier Inn over Crowne plaza in Royal Dock because of the location. Asked for a Olympic stadium view on booking and the friendly receptionist assured us we'd have a great view. She wasn't wrong. The view of the stadium and London skyline was fantastic. The breakfast was great and the staff are really friendly and smiling all the time even when they were really busy. Wish I could remember the ladies name allocating the tables as she was smiling all the time, as we're all the staff nothing was to much trouble for any of them, this hotel is well managed and it reflects on the staff attitude and general demeanour throughout. Only downside(always one) the bed springs had gone on one side and boinged every time I moved. I couldn't complain as I'm sure the staff would have died. I mentioned it in the morning and their faces were a picture real concern! You get 5 star service in this hotel,and it's also very central. Shopping on your doorstep. The city easy reached by train, and much cheaper than most other places. Parking £13 for the weekend. Even the staff in the car park were great and very helpful when I forgot where I'd parked. If you're visiting London for a show or shopping trip book this hotel. A big thank you to everyone at Premier Inn you deserve a raise.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel is attached to Westfield Stratford shopping mall, adjacent to the Waitrose / John Lewis end. With the easy tube links it was a convenient hotel for a theatre evening followed by a morning's shopping. The 12 pm checkout meant we coud leave our overnight bags in the hotel whilst we shopped the following morning. Good sized & comfortable room at the £50 early booking rate made for a really great stay - will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Arrived at hotel at about 5.30 to be met by a bunch of what I can only call "greeters" who directed me to the set of console for self check in. As I had my booking form in luggage the chap did it for me. He confirmed that I had a booking but a it was not paid for (it was as i work for govt dept and all rooms are prepaid through an agency. I dug out my booking form and off he went with it - Thats the last I saw of that as he seemed to lose it.

The chap was then join ed by several others who went off to look for a fax from agency. After ten minutes they confirmed that the fax had not been received and they would phone the agency. as agency lines close at 6 it was a bit tight. I asked what if they couldnt get through and he said i would either have to pay for room (again) or leave. I also explained that the booking was made months ago and he replied that the fax machine may have been broken! As the booking was months ago I am surprised that he remembered the broken fax and when pressed he could not say when it was broken. After a long wait he got through and apparently the fax would be 10 minutes. I asked if I could go to room while it was on its way to be told no its not company policy and I would have to wait. A few seconds later a colleague arrived with my confirmation from the agency. He triumphantly said here it is however i heard his colleague say it was in the other tray. After getting my room key - but not my booking form back i asked what would have happened if the agency was closed. It appears that I would have to pay again or leave. As I live 5 hours away that would have been difficult and as i had no credit card i may not have been able to pay.

So my advice would be to telephone in advance to make sure they have your booking - not that they wont lose it of course. I didnt get the chaps name unfortunately but it is a poor situation when i have a government booking through a credible agency, a confirmation and ID and the hotel would have made me leave with potentially nowhere to go. Also relying on fax in 2013 is somewhat outdated.

As for the hotel itself rooms were Ok but erratic mobile signal. Breakfast was a good choice but luke warm and it needed 5 swipes of a key card to get through various doors to get from outside the hotel to my room. I wont be booking Premier Inn again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.