“A Birds Eye view”

Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel
Ranked #175 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here for a week on a business trip, Eventually finding the hotel within the Olympic park as the postcode is not on some Sat Nav systems. The first thing you have to get right is the car park for the location USE car park "A" on arrival use any floor as there is a lift to the ground floor were the hotel entrance is located, collect token on arrival at the car park this then is used within the payment machine for your exit £5 for 24 Hrs was the fee, as the hotel does not own the car park.
On arrival at the hotel entrance you get into lift to the first level were you are greeted by premier staff who will check you in there is also a self check in at this location.
you will be given your room card and then you enter the lift and you have to swipe your card prior to selecting your room floor number ensure the lift button illuminates for this, as the lift will not go !!
The hotel comes with all the general commodities of premier standards a nice restaurant that serves some of the finest quality food available.
the rooms if you are lucky on the higher levels over look the Olympic stadium and park an inviting view at night when all illuminated in the distance you can also see the sky scraping views of London ie. the shard and gherkin, the rooms are above the standard as they have air conditioning climate control which is a first for premier standard as some hotels are always to hot otherwise they are always clean and well presented.
There is plenty do for shoppers as the westfield centre is next door and full to the brim of all types of shops bars and eating outlets.
a very enjoyable stay this one is on my return list for the future, thanks to all staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank wyn s

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn as we couldnt get in to the Holiday Inn nearby.
We were not worried as having stayed in Premier Inns before we had no causes for concern.
Some people have commented that this hotel is not easy to find, most people will arrive by tube or overground train into Stratford station, just exit the station and straight into the ground floor of the shopping centre. Walk right through and out the exit at the far end, the hotel is to your left. If arriving by DLR go straight to Stratford International station and its right outside the station.
Check in is from 2pm but there was no trouble in dropping our bags off before 11 am and spending some time wandering the shopping centre and having lunch before returning to check in.
Check in was very quick and simple and the staff very helpful, we were given a room on the second floor with a view of the car park, however we were not particularly worried about a view. The room was very clean, and was freshly made up each day, though with two people staying in the room its time many hotels started to leave more than 2 teabags ... are we only allowed one cup each per day ? I know we can contact reception and obtain more but surely leaving 4 is not excessive ?
The rooms can get quite warm, and the windows dont open, so ensure you correctly set the air con to have a comfortable nights sleep. We had a great stay in this hotel until our last night.
Our room was opposite a door to the lift lobby and it appears that the guests in the 3 rooms adjacent to ours would rather leave this door to bang closed on its own than close it quietly to respect other guests. Unfortunately for us this began just after 6am, with occupants going for breakfast, returning to rooms and then finally leaving to check out.
Now, we realise the hotel has little control over guests and events like this, however, what they do control is housekeeping. Having just returned to sleep after these events, and knowing check out was 12pm, we were then disturbed at 08:45 by housekeeping desperate to enter our room to clean.... obviously assuming as it was our last night that we would have left early. So, not impressed, we rose, dressed, packed and decided to leave early.
On checking out and being asked about our stay we clearly mentioned the disppointment in our last night, our recognition that they have no control over guests but could deal with the housekeeping element.
Now this is where a companys customer service culture really shows ....
The manager assured us that he would take up the issue with housekeeping and that it really shouldnt have happened, and profusely apologised for us being disturbed. He then drew our attention to the Good Night Sleep guarantee that Premier Inn display throughout their hotels and mention within their advertising..... and without going into detail, they fulfilled their promise, with no issues.
So... yes, we would definitely consider staying here again. Problems will always arise, but its how a company responds to those problems that shows their worth.... and in this case ...Premier Inn you did everything that could be asked of you...well done.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have better views of the Olympic Park 'End of building' rooms are within a se...
2  Thank RichJCalder
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed for one night in a family room. Check-in was slick and when I got to my room it was modern, clean and the kids bed had been set up ready for use. I would recommend the Premier Inn at Stratford to anyone visiting the Olympic Park or Westfield.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Wow ......I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday evening the welcome was great room amazing with a view of the Olympic stadium and the city of London,bed so comfortable and room very quite had a great nights sleep.I had breakfast each as much as you wish cooked lovely I cannot praise this hotel enough will be staying again soon

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel before and was very happy with previous stay, a good get away to explore London, and Westfield Shopping Centre just there.

As suggested by other people on Tripadvisor, I called the hotel a few weeks before check in and requested a room on the same floor as the previous stay – I did that for my first stay at this hotel and it worked fine. At the previous stay, we were given a room on the 10th floor with spectacular views of the Olympic Stadium.

This time when checking in I was rushed through Self Check in, but because I had called about 3 weeks before I thought it would be ok. I had been told that my request should not be a problem. This was important as it was my wedding anniversary and I wanted it to be special.

Well it wasn’t what I expected. I was given a room on the 2nd floor with no views at all. When I complained, I was told that I would be moved to the 10th floor, but then immediately after I was informed that because the trainee receptionist had already checked me in through self check in system, I had to stay in the room on the 2nd floor.

This needless to say, spoilt the surprise wedding anniversary weekend for us and I will not be staying here again as I often use Premier Inn for family stays and will henceforth be using their rivals hoping to get a better service and a bit more consideration.

Room Tip: If you have requested a particular floor, don't check in before making sure you got what you ask...
1  Thank Anabela M
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Reviewed 24 March 2014

As usual we appreciated the efforts Premier Inn make to ensure we have a stress free stay at their hotels. They have good standards and make efforts to maintain them. We will make use of their service in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

fantastic view from our room across the Olympic Park to the city of London,ideally located for the Westfield shopping centre and travel links to central London. Room excellent ,just one thing the lifts are incredibly slow to get to your floor !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family