“Great Service BIG shame about the bed”

Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel
Ranked #169 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Birmingham
“Great Service BIG shame about the bed”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked the hotel because I wanted my daughter who ran the London Marathon to have a comfy place to sleep , me too as I have a bad back and neck . I booked a twin room, at some point somewhere I saw pictures of two beds , normal beds . I have stayed before at Premier inn and knew about their comfy beds and never had a problem before . I've got four rooms booked in the future too on booking.com and with Premier . We arrived about 8pm . We had room 914 . The guy on reception was extremely helpful .

As soon I we got in i saw that it the second bed at best was a child bed , in fact it was a sofa bed, or Divan bed . It doesn't have the comfy mattress at all and I of course had to give the good large comfy bed to my daughter after her long run , she was aching very badly .I knew it was going to be difficult for me and rang the reception. They said there was nothing they could do and that's what all the twin rooms are like now . Wow what a statement , if they know that they should inform the same at the time of booking . For example one double bed and one sofa bed , NOT a twin . When you are mid 50's and 6ft and 14 stone with a back which is not good at all ( MRI shows the problem of trapped nerves ) this is very important . It's not good marketing to promise a good nights sleep with the guarantee of a refund if you don't when it's obviously going to be a different product offered to the one one actually gets if you need a good bed . So I had a very sleep deprived night although I did get some sleep and got off the sofa very achy and with sciatica etc .

At reception they were straight forward about it and made a refund . No quibble . But it doesn't change the point this is wrong and will be wrong for others booking too , so beware !

We also had breakfast there, this was excellent ! The food was fresh, hot and tasted good . The service was fabulous and all with a smile .

I would go back to the premier but never again in a twin . My leg and back still hurts as I'm writing this .

Room Tip: Never boom a twin
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We only had a short overnight stay for the London marathon.
We arrived by train. The hotel was very easy to find. It was in an excellent position at Westfield shopping centre for shopping and eating out.
Our room had a view of the Olympic park and stadium.
We had used the online check in service so collecting out room cards was very fast. We didn't use the restaurant.
The room (311) was very quiet. No noise from outside or the corridors.
The hotel was in a great position for getting to the start of the london Marathon in greenwich park using the DLR.
I would stay at this hotel again, for london it was a reasonable price and although quite basic it was perfectly adequate for our needs.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Great transport links.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Quality hotel at a budget price. Clean, friendly and a great location. After a lovely family stay last May, hubby and I returned for a few nights on our own. Why pay extortionate prices when you have fantastic service at a bargain price? Staff are welcoming and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Premier Inn just never seems to fail to deliver, and it does exactly what it says on the tin! This hotel was no exception.....friendly and helpful staff, great location, very clean and an added bonus of fab views across the London skyline and Olympic Park! As everyone had said, there are 2 train stations beside it and also The Westfield shopping centre where you can shop and eat until you drop! We paid £139 for a double room for 1 night which I think is expensive for a PM, but I suppose it is London and it is the marathon weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of London skyline eg The shard, BT Tower, The Orbit etc
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

3* Hotel with 5* Accommodation, Service and food. Myself and Husband took our Son for a two night stay at this hotel to celebrate his 11th Birthday. We we're made welcome from the start and every member of staff couldn't do enough for us. On the morning of our sons birthday, two of the chefs Baz and Jack made the effort to arrange a couple of small cakes decorated with candles and sweets and the staff came to the table singing Happy Birthday. It was a lovely gesture. The location is perfect just a 5 minute walk to the Jubilee Line where you can be in Westminster in 15 minutes. The Olympic park is 5 minute walk with lots to see and do. You can swim in the olympic pool for just £2 a child and just over £3 for an adult. Westfield shopping centre is next door with every shop you can think of from designer to high street favourites. Plenty of Bars and restaurants, all reasonabally prices. car parking is £5 a day. It's difficult to believe your in London, every thing around the area is new and lovely and clean. We couldn't find any fault to comment on.. We have booked to take my parents in June. Highly recommend the hotel and surrounding area.!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ipswich, Suffolk
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great hotel linked to Westfield shopping centre. Also ideally situated for the Jubilee line if attending a show at the O2. Clean, modern & comfortable with tea & coffee facilities. Reasonable price for London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt Am Main
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Clean modern hotel, part of the Westfield shopping complex. About 2 minutes walk from Stratford International DLR and 1 minute from the train station. Excellent for a shopping/dining/cinema trip to the Westfield centre.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo